Chip - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-23-2011, 10:11 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Chip

Have a '95 Cobra SVT my question is where would my chip be if I had one? I have the Chilton to my car but it's pretty much useless besides the basics and specs
McNassty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2011, 10:45 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Behind the kick panel on the passenger side. Pull the pin and cover, unplug 3 wiring harnesses and remove two bolts that hold the support. You'll see the ECU. It's tough to get out so take your time. Chip goes in the top(hidden untill removed)
Old 10-23-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I don't seem to have a kick panel, they're is just a space with a lot of wiring harnesses
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2011, 09:10 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Where your right foot would be while sitting in the passenger seat, that piece of plastic trim is the kick panel. There are three harnesses behind it. Behind that is a black metal strap that holds the ECU in place. It can be a pain to get the ECU out. If the panel is gone its Likely someone's been in there the pin is ez to mess up. There are also plastic pins holding the three harnesses to the strap. They are ez to mess up too
Old 10-25-2011, 08:41 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Re: Chip

why do you need the chip? why would you want to replace the chip? if you're looking to do something along those lines.....I'd encourage you to look into handhelds (ie-SCT/diablo). Far better, far better user friendly, more tunable, more versatile, better bang for the buck, the list of reasons go on.

anywho, choose wisely my good sir.
rinfield2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:04 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinfield2004
why do you need the chip? why would you want to replace the chip? if you're looking to do something along those lines.....I'd encourage you to look into handhelds (ie-SCT/diablo). Far better, far better user friendly, more tunable, more versatile, better bang for the buck, the list of reasons go on.

anywho, choose wisely my good sir.
All the hand held tuners are 96+. They use the of
OBD plug..
Old 10-25-2011, 01:51 PM   #7

Region: Connecticut
Exactly.
jonb347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:41 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I'm actually just wanting to see if I still have my factory chip and to check it's connections to make sure they're clean and seated tightly. In second gear when I get on it it seems to have a slight miss and I've already checked fuel filter and fuel pump

---------- Post added at 02:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 AM ----------

And I can't get a hand held tuner for '95 only chips, '96 and up is when they started being able to use them.

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------

And thanks Deadspot found it quickly. If I take a pic of it does anyone know the difference between factory and aftermarket?
Old 10-25-2011, 10:01 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNassty
I'm actually just wanting to see if I still have my factory chip and to check it's connections to make sure they're clean and seated tightly. In second gear when I get on it it seems to have a slight miss and I've already checked fuel filter and fuel pump

---------- Post added at 02:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 AM ----------

And I can't get a hand held tuner for '95 only chips, '96 and up is when they started being able to use them.

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------

And thanks Deadspot found it quickly. If I take a pic of it does anyone know the difference between factory and aftermarket?
No factory chip, unless you mean your ecu.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

There is no factory chip, just a rubber plug in the top. If there's any thing other then that it's aftermarket...
Old 11-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #11
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Factory cars don't have chip, but if u want to gain some HP, and made you run better buy SCT eliminator with custom tune on 93 octane and u car gone to run really nice,

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Recommendation, before you can play with u ECU, disconnect the battery + terminal, because u can fry u computer, and went u got the Chip take the computer out, opened, and clean pretty good we're the chip it gone to be plugging because it come with some glue to protect the connect for dost ext, and if u put it like it is, no gone to be a good contact,and the connector from the ship it gone to really Dirty and hard to cleaning.
2003CobraSvt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang