build ideas - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-29-2011, 07:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
build ideas

well I have a 99 cobra and im fixin to deploy in march and gettin ready to start pullin the car apart and have it somewhat ready for a build while im gone. my plans are to make big power no less than 800 rwhp the car is paid off and will be a track car mainly. im set on keepin the 4.6 powerplant. ive been debating twin turbos and superchanged. I would like some input ideas on what you guys would go with or think would be best. anything from nuts n bolts to what boost levels I should run. I would like to stay round 10k for everything I need. so what do you guys suggest. I will have a friend who is very knowledgeable wit motors do most of the work. thanks guy
1999 Cobra black with medium parchment interiorJLT CAI, RWR motorsports tune, Pacesetter Longtubes, o/r xpipe w/cutouts, Flowmaster Super 44s, built t56, Kevlar clutch, Nitto NT05R, Ford Racing 4.10 gears, MMR 900 rotating assembly, vortech v3 si, twin aeromotive 340s, aeroquip lines, 80lbs injectors
Black99Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Compound boosted turbo. And i would get all forged internals.
Jamesgt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:27 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesgt08
Compound boosted turbo. And i would get all forged internals.
+1
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx
Re: build ideas

800 horse wit a 4.6 for under or at 10k? it could prolly be done if you do a nice chunk of work yourself. but im not a mod motor expert by any means. that's just my opinion

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:30 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Put like 15 lbs of boost and spray the crap out of it. Im jk. Lol. But coumpound boost turbo is awesome. Look it up on youtube.
Jamesgt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:40 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I would love to do compound but if I did that id do a 5.4 swap wit a nice big whipple or kb but then u get into alot of tedious tuning. im tryin to keep it simple. well I have a cousin that has a uncle that has a pretty good reputable machine shop that is always fair. the only things that wont beable to do ourselves is makin custom cams, sheetmetal intake and the boring and porting. im thinking hellion power systems or hp, or kb, whipple. if that helps.
1999 Cobra black with medium parchment interiorJLT CAI, RWR motorsports tune, Pacesetter Longtubes, o/r xpipe w/cutouts, Flowmaster Super 44s, built t56, Kevlar clutch, Nitto NT05R, Ford Racing 4.10 gears, MMR 900 rotating assembly, vortech v3 si, twin aeromotive 340s, aeroquip lines, 80lbs injectors
Old 11-01-2011, 04:15 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Man I have a whipple on my car I Thad is the clean look supercharger I ever have. It sound nice I Lovett and u can go to 25lbs of boost depend of the application

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

I love have power in my car and at the same time I like be in car show and enjoying how my car look turbo alway are were no body see it. But all depend if you want a car as a hot road and drag car or only for race
2003CobraSvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:41 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Send a message via Yahoo to drusmith

Your gonna def need to build the engine for 800hp (to wheels right?). Here is a video of a car like yours with Eaton blower at 470RWHP at 8psi. 1999 cobra w/ eaton blower - Car Videos on StreetFire Another one with a Sallen: You will have to go 3.8L or bigger Twin screw blower. Kenne Bell makes one for your car but max out at 600hp (I think). Its gonna be hard to reach 800 hp. I would go Turbo route if your gonna be at the track a lot! Best power for the track!

Dont forget about reinforcing your rear-end as well. Or this might happen. 1999 Cobra Axle Break! - Car Videos on StreetFire
drusmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:55 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

oh yea def have to build the motor im just tryin to get ideas far as like compression, rods, pistons, stroke and turbo/blower. ive seen people go with bigger blowers from kb/whipple on the 99/01 cobras. rearend is halfway there and I have a built d&d t56 that they have told me will hold 1k+ rwhp. but I may sell it and go auto. the car will be all show and all go as well. I love car shows and the car sees and will keep seein the track. it wont be daily driver status yhat was my intent the day I bought the car. thanks so far guys.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:13 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black99Snake View Post
oh yea def have to build the motor im just tryin to get ideas far as like compression, rods, pistons, stroke and turbo/blower. ive seen people go with bigger blowers from kb/whipple on the 99/01 cobras. rearend is halfway there and I have a built d&d t56 that they have told me will hold 1k+ rwhp. but I may sell it and go auto. the car will be all show and all go as well. I love car shows and the car sees and will keep seein the track. it wont be daily driver status yhat was my intent the day I bought the car. thanks so far guys.
Hey i have the D&D street/strip built tranny. F*ckin love it! You will be happy for sure with that. Should be a fun build for you! I hope in the end it will be rewarding. Oh and plan on spending approx $12k all said and done! Not sure if your gonna reach that 800 mark but I hope you do! Give me something to chase after! LOL
Old 11-01-2011, 06:04 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I built a 847whp 2v with 11k. I got a 03 cobra block, mmr 1000 internals, on3 turbo kit(just for the pipes) garrett gt42rs, tail bov and wg, and a full aeromotive fuel system for 1k, its the little parts that got me spending. I got hooked up by a friend with injectors maf and tune. I made this car because I had the money and time to spare also helped that I did most of the work myself. But by the end of the day I had my little gtr slayer(made the car just to beat some rich guys that got a little to cocky) I also had a 75 shot to spool and cool I only had the car for 2 maybe 3 weeks before I sold it for 22k. Now I drive my first car a 88gt and am saving up for a gt500

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Stockish302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:17 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

well ive also thought bout selling the car and truck while im deployed and saving my money and puttin a good chunk of change down on a gt500 I also have a.chance to buy a friend's 09 kr its pretty temptin.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:53 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I would save for the gt500. I was thinking about a termi but then I think about the potential of the 5.4 and the power that I can make when I turbo that too thats the reason im using my foxbody and not really spending money buying parts for it I might just buy some aluminum heads and a nice cam.

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Stockish302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:54 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockish302 View Post
I built a 847whp 2v with 11k. I got a 03 cobra block, mmr 1000 internals, on3 turbo kit(just for the pipes) garrett gt42rs, tail bov and wg, and a full aeromotive fuel system for 1k, its the little parts that got me spending. I got hooked up by a friend with injectors maf and tune. I made this car because I had the money and time to spare also helped that I did most of the work myself. But by the end of the day I had my little gtr slayer(made the car just to beat some rich guys that got a little to cocky) I also had a 75 shot to spool and cool I only had the car for 2 maybe 3 weeks before I sold it for 22k. Now I drive my first car a 88gt and am saving up for a gt500
This is sweet build! nice work! Turbo rules!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang