help-filling diff, getting aggravated..... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
help-filling diff, getting aggravated.....

have an 01 cobra. filling diff with fluid and am getting aggravated. I have a long hose plugged into the diff and the other end plugged on the bottle nipple(using royal purple). when I squeeze, I don't get very far cuz not a lot is getting in, hence the issue, b/c the pressure i'm applying hose pops off the nipple, and most of the fluid has ended up on the ground. *sigh*.......any ideas and help would be very appreciated.
rinfield2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Get a squirt can. You can pick on up at any parts house.
aegischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3787845343.png
Views:	95
Size:	657.1 KB
ID:	35152

Get one of these. It's what I use on my transmission and it works flawlessly.
jhagan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2011, 05:55 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Re: help-filling diff, getting aggravated.....

3 things.....#1-jhagan...thats a sick *** mustang. I'm truely jealous, and I have a newer mustang along with it a convert. well put together my good sir.....mad props. #2-I've resolved to call it for the day. gonna take the time tomorrow to the pull one of the CVs and fill from the side. #3-will most certainly looking into investing into that......soon. pretty sure this won't be the 1st nor the last time I'll be visiting this component.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinfield2004
3 things.....#1-jhagan...thats a sick *** mustang. I'm truely jealous, and I have a newer mustang along with it a convert. well put together my good sir.....mad props. #2-I've resolved to call it for the day. gonna take the time tomorrow to the pull one of the CVs and fill from the side. #3-will most certainly looking into investing into that......soon. pretty sure this won't be the 1st nor the last time I'll be visiting this component.
Thank you very much. It's well worth the $10-$20 for the tool. I noticed your from ky as well, I'm located in Owensboro.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Indeed, in my opinion, SNs are a bit lack luster stock, still cool. But modded, then, do you unwrap something far more appealing. *sigh*....just tried filling from the CV side....still failed. as soon as my parents get home(yes, I still live with the parentals), gonna make a run to O'reiley's for more fluid and that suction gun.

No sh*t! lol, that's whats up. We're about an hr and a half from each other. I'm in Hopkinsville. What a small world.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:42 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Indeed, in my opinion, SNs are a bit lack luster stock, still cool. But modded, then, do you unwrap something far more appealing. *sigh*....just tried filling from the CV side....still failed. as soon as my parents get home(yes, I still live with the parentals), gonna make a run to O'reiley's for more fluid and that suction gun.

No sh*t! lol, that's whats up. We're about an hr and a half from each other. I'm in Hopkinsville. What a small world.
Let me know how that gun works for you. I suck in as much as I can then hold the gun hose up. I then bleed the air out then suck more oil in, this just saves time. I've been to Hopkinsville several times when I use to work for Dana, believe they are called metalsa now. Oh and I wish I still lived with my parents, I had it so easy back then.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:35 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

what it is. gun worked a LOT better. I ended up doing just that. stuck it in, drew fluid in, turned it up, bled the air, stuck it in a 2nd time, drew more fluid. Worked....thank you. yeah? that they are. not a big fan of the factory's here, though I work for one. I dig, story of my life. I've been late to EVERYTHING in life, school, church, dr's appt, puberty, maturing, etc. So this period is no exception. Finding my direction in life. Just now found it. Now that I have it, ready to get out.

so, I took a gander at your pics and noticed you have 2 SNs. One of which I see your pic on here, the white one, but I noticed a red, what appeared to be, stock/OE one. that yours? someone else's? either way, it too it offally nice.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

It's jwhayne0001's. He's a member on here too. Basically all stock
Old 12-04-2011, 05:24 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I can dig that. thats whats up.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:31 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1767888648.png
Views:	67
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	35239

That's his dads 95 gt vert. If your ever in Owensboro send me a message and we'll meet up to cruise or whatever.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:09 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

crew full of SNs....thats whats up. I'm jealous. Well sh*t, we could make a day of it some wkend soon. if you'd be inclined to text until then you could get at me through email....rinfield at yahoo dot com. names John btw. yeah man, a cruise would be pretty cool. pretty sure we could come up with more things to do. anywho, get at me, we'll talk.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
crew full of SNs....thats whats up. I'm jealous. Well sh*t, we could make a day of it some wkend soon. if you'd be inclined to text until then you could get at me through email....rinfield at yahoo dot com. names John btw. yeah man, a cruise would be pretty cool. pretty sure we could come up with more things to do. anywho, get at me, we'll talk.
(270)313-4306 I have unlimited texts so that's cool if that's the way you want to communicate. My name is Jonathan. In the text just let me know who it is the first time.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I'd be down for a cruise
jwhayne0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:29 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
what it is. gun worked a LOT better. I ended up doing just that. stuck it in, drew fluid in, turned it up, bled the air, stuck it in a 2nd time, drew more fluid. Worked....thank you. yeah? that they are. not a big fan of the factory's here, though I work for one. I dig, story of my life. I've been late to EVERYTHING in life, school, church, dr's appt, puberty, maturing, etc. So this period is no exception. Finding my direction in life. Just now found it. Now that I have it, ready to get out.

so, I took a gander at your pics and noticed you have 2 SNs. One of which I see your pic on here, the white one, but I noticed a red, what appeared to be, stock/OE one. that yours? someone else's? either way, it too it offally nice.
Thanks any pics of yours?
jwhayne0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:36 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I usually have someone else doing the squeezing lol, I just hold it in the hole
Dancobra75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang