MAF on sc - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-28-2011, 12:18 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
MAF on sc

I know there's a thread on this but I didn't want to jack the other guys thread so here it goes. I've been having a problem with my car... It shuts off when I decelerate from wot. Im thinking it's my MAF that's too small. Im pushing about 10 psi and I've looked for the MAF but I can't find it. It's supposed to be before the vortech right? I'll post some pics up to see if anyone can help me
vinnygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2011, 05:27 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Yes its before the supercharger. I don't think its your maf. If your maf was too small it wouldn't kill it. Maf will only kill the car if its frozen by a nitrous dry kit or it it broke off/unplugged. Does it die if you rev it?
1999 Cobra black with medium parchment interiorJLT CAI, RWR motorsports tune, Pacesetter Longtubes, o/r xpipe w/cutouts, Flowmaster Super 44s, built t56, Kevlar clutch, Nitto NT05R, Ford Racing 4.10 gears, MMR 900 rotating assembly, vortech v3 si, twin aeromotive 340s, aeroquip lines, 80lbs injectors
Black99Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black99Snake
Yes its before the supercharger. I don't think its your maf. If your maf was too small it wouldn't kill it. Maf will only kill the car if its frozen by a nitrous dry kit or it it broke off/unplugged. Does it die if you rev it?
Oh I see.. I'll look under the fender then by the filter .. I couldn't get any good pictures. And no It doesn't, but let's say I quickly get to around 60-80 on the freeway and I suddenly hit a red light so I have to slow down, as I throw it in neutral the Rpms go down until it hits zero. The battery light comes on after that and I have to hit the clutch and start the car again. Then it's back to normal. But the check engine light recently came on and the code told me it was side 1 and side 2 (didnt say side i think it said block or something like that but the mechanic told me it basically meant both sides) since I'm still under the dealers insurance I'll just take it to the shop and have them take care of it. We checked for a misfire and it was all fine. Any ideas on what it could be tho?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2011, 09:07 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Well if its still on warranty just let them have it till they fix it. I really don't think its your maf cuz your maf and maf size is set up in your tune so it knows how much fuel to dump in the engine to run properly. And the one and two you were talkin about is bank 1 and bank 2 that's each side of the engine. Do you remember which code it was exactly like po###?
1999 Cobra black with medium parchment interiorJLT CAI, RWR motorsports tune, Pacesetter Longtubes, o/r xpipe w/cutouts, Flowmaster Super 44s, built t56, Kevlar clutch, Nitto NT05R, Ford Racing 4.10 gears, MMR 900 rotating assembly, vortech v3 si, twin aeromotive 340s, aeroquip lines, 80lbs injectors
Old 12-29-2011, 11:41 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I'm gonna call them today and find out what shop I can take it to and no I don't remember the code I just remember it saying it was bank 1 n 2 so the mechanic told me it was a lose hose somewhere. I'll try to have him pull the code out for me again on Friday and I'll post it up here
Old 01-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
****! I thought l was the only one with this problem! Man that happens to me also, just like that. l also have a vortech @ 10 psi too, and l cant find the problem either. it could be some related with s/c maybe?
99redbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Maybe. Being that its centrifugal and it is bolted facing the engine maybe the blower is shifting and causing the belt to skip and kill the car. Ask a shop if that's possible I've seen all sorts of impossible stuff happen in cars. Check that out.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Every time mine has done that its been part of the supercharger tube has come unhooked after the maf sensor.
1999roush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99redbeast
****! I thought l was the only one with this problem! Man that happens to me also, just like that. l also have a vortech @ 10 psi too, and l cant find the problem either. it could be some related with s/c maybe?
Finally someone who can relate to me! Lol! Does your check engine light come on???

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999roush
Every time mine has done that its been part of the supercharger tube has come unhooked after the maf sensor.
Where is your maf? Under the fender ? I think that's where mine is but I guess I gotta take the whole tubing apart to find out. It's really confusing man.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99redbeast
When I get mine finally taken to the shop and hopefully fixed I will let u know what the problem is so u can fix it as well
Old 01-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Easiest way to get to mine is by pulling off the passenger tire and removing the plastic from the wheel well.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

And the check engine light would come on every time reading oxygen sensors

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

The reason it cuts off is because the maf sensor is no longer reading the amount of air and dumps it rich real quick.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Easiest way to get to mine is by pulling off the passenger tire and removing the plastic from the wheel well.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Thats a good idea. Im gonna try that first thing tomorrow. So the maf is under the finder right? Man I wanna get this fixed so bad lol. It doesn't happen all the time but it really bugs me that it does it

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

The reason it cuts off is because the maf sensor is no longer reading the amount of air and dumps it rich real quick.
And it cuts off because the tuning comes lose? Right? It's got nothing to do with the maf itself?

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnygt

Thats a good idea. Im gonna try that first thing tomorrow. So the maf is under the finder right? Man I wanna get this fixed so bad lol. It doesn't happen all the time but it really bugs me that it does it

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

And it cuts off because the tuning comes lose? Right? It's got nothing to do with the maf itself?
Sorry I mean tubing
Old 01-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Mine doesn't have anything to do with the maf ...... easiest way I've found to check for leaks in vacuum lines or tubing is to spray Carb cleaner if it idle up when u spray a certain area its leaking.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Mine doesn't have anything to do with the maf ...... easiest way I've found to check for leaks in vacuum lines or tubing is to spray Carb cleaner if it idle up when u spray a certain area its leaking.
Ohh ok thanks man! I hope this gets fixed soon!
Old 01-02-2012, 09:00 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Alright! Now l have an ldea of what it could be by reading all this threads so l can fix mine too. The only deal is that l dont think my check engine light even works at all! Lol but THANKS alot for the advices and if l get to find the problem soon l'll get back here to let you'll know
Old 01-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Re: MAF on sc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99redbeast View Post
Alright! Now l have an ldea of what it could be by reading all this threads so l can fix mine too. The only deal is that l dont think my check engine light even works at all! Lol but THANKS alot for the advices and if l get to find the problem soon l'll get back here to let you'll know
lol ok man goodluck ! let me know what happens!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Hey man do you know whats the vortech air fillter size supposed to be? Cuz mine looks real small and l dont know if the previous owner mess with it, but all l know is that its a k&n brand.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:24 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Re: MAF on sc

i have no clue man sorry i havent even been able to work on my car, i had to work all day today! i would try to put something bigger though!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang