2012 Gt500 vs 03-04 Cobra - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-17-2012, 03:45 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular
 
t0t4lbl4ck0ut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14

If i go back about 2 years ago before i really knew mustangs. I probly could have told a Gt from a V6, it wasnt until i got a V6 that i learned i only had one exhaust pipe and the Gt had 2.

I lived what your saying first hand, when i saw a mustang gt, cobra, saleen, gt500 ect. I just saw a "mustang" lol
Now its like "OMG A F***ING GT500!!!!" haha
Haha I remember those days. Back when someone with a mustang was a bada** lol
t0t4lbl4ck0ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-17-2012, 03:49 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0t4lbl4ck0ut

Haha I remember those days. Back when someone with a mustang was a bada** lol
Lol even plain jane V6's were badass! I had no idea that there was a HUGE difference. But now its whole different ball game lol
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:58 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular
 
irishn8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Washington
Posts: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14

If i go back about 2 years ago before i really knew mustangs. I probly could have told a Gt from a V6, it wasnt until i got a V6 that i learned i only had one exhaust pipe and the Gt had 2.

I lived what your saying first hand, when i saw a mustang gt, cobra, saleen, gt500 ect. I just saw a "mustang" lol
Now its like "OMG A F***ING GT500!!!!" haha
Lol I always wondered why people bought v6's (no offense)
irishn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-17-2012, 04:45 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishn8

Lol I always wondered why people bought v6's (no offense)
None takin
Ive owned 2 V6's and i loved them, for a little 3.8l, they have pretty good power. In my opinion, the 3.8l is one of the best engines Ford has ever built. Ive known 5 off the top of my head that have/had well over 200k miles on them. Dont get me wrong, i love my Gt, but i honeatly wouldnt mind another V6. They are damn good cars, you can find them as low as $3k around my area with super low miles, and they can take a beating from hell all while looking just as good as their big brothers lol
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:36 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular
 
irishn8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Washington
Posts: 721
Freaking better on gas too..
irishn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishn8
Freaking better on gas too..
Lol not by much, but yeah they are
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #77
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: 2012 Gt500 vs 03-04 Cobra

sadly my old 3.8L didnt get much better mileage than my 03 cobra
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
sadly my old 3.8L didnt get much better mileage than my 03 cobra
Yeah it almost seems like my Gt does better on gas.
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:03 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular
 
irishn8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Washington
Posts: 721
Really! What do u get? My 01GT gets 20mpg
irishn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishn8
Really! What do u get? My 01GT gets 20mpg
I get 24/25 highway and about 20/22 city
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14

I get 24/25 highway and about 20/22 city
What mods do you have that your getting 20/22 city?.... I'm only getting 18 city but I can get about 25 highway if I keep my foot out of it!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

What mods do you have that your getting 20/22 city?.... I'm only getting 18 city but I can get about 25 highway if I keep my foot out of it!..
Thats how im getting great millage, im still breaking the engine in, so i have to drive it soft and take it easy. I dont have a lead foot anyways lol ive always gotten great mpg in this car, even before the rebuild.

And the car is stock.
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:00 AM   #83
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: 2012 Gt500 vs 03-04 Cobra

interstate my cobra manages around 22 or so (better if I would go a bit slower I am sure) and around the city I dont even check it just depends on the traffic~
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:22 AM   #84
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0t4lbl4ck0ut
Yea all 03-04 cobras are terminators it's just a pet name that stuck from the ford factory. I think honestly I'd take a gt500 simply because the rarity of them compared to a termi. Where I live there's like 2 gt500 but no termis and that's because they are brand new gt500 owned by older people where as the terminators were able to be bought by younger people who eventually crashed them or had them repossessed because they thought they could handle the payments. But by owning either one would have a different outcome. I wouldn't do anything to my gt500 if I owned one. It's already good enough but if I had a termi I'd mod the hell out of it.
A modded Termi would smash on a GT500 solely because the weight of the Shelby plus the traction issues with the 500. Either one is nice don't get me wrong. Price vs price a 50k 500 vs a 20k termi w/ 10k in bolt on's would be a uneven run !!!!!
SNK3BTE04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNK3BTE04

A modded Termi would smash on a GT500 solely because the weight of the Shelby plus the traction issues with the 500. Either one is nice don't get me wrong. Price vs price a 50k 500 vs a 20k termi w/ 10k in bolt on's would be a uneven run !!!!!
Modified vs stock is not an even comparison!.. Mod for mod the Shelby will win!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Modified vs stock is not an even comparison!.. Mod for mod the Shelby will win!...
Not sure about that bro. I've seen modded Termi vs 500's an the Termi gets the better of the two. Weight and traction is the biggest down fall of the 500's. I wasnt comparing a modded vs stock, I was expressing the price vs price bag for buck comparison
SNK3BTE04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular
 
559Danny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Fresno
Region: California
Posts: 95
The Terminator is my DREAM car, but then again the GT500 is real nice. I would take the Terminator
559Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNK3BTE04

Not sure about that bro. I've seen modded Termi vs 500's an the Termi gets the better of the two. Weight and traction is the biggest down fall of the 500's. I wasnt comparing a modded vs stock, I was expressing the price vs price bag for buck comparison
Bag for Buck?!?.... Lol. That is a new one for me!.. Lol I shall assume you mean "Bang for your Buck!.." lol

Don't get me wrong but I think both cars are AWSOME!.. But even with the POS tires that come on the GT500, in stock trim, it's still a bit quicker than a stock Terminator!.. Assuming both drivers are equal!..

Personally I would love to have either but slightly more so the Shelby!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:55 AM   #89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Bag for Buck?!?.... Lol. That is a new one for me!.. Lol I shall assume you mean "Bang for your Buck!.." lol

Don't get me wrong but I think both cars are AWSOME!.. But even with the POS tires that come on the GT500, in stock trim, it's still a bit quicker than a stock Terminator!.. Assuming both drivers are equal!..

Personally I would love to have either but slightly more so the Shelby!..
Lol oops my bad. iPhone auto correct sucks. Yes bang for buck is right. Yeah, stock form would def be the 500 but both with mod's I'd go with the Termi. I agree though, both are great machines which is why I own a Termi
SNK3BTE04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNK3BTE04

Lol oops my bad. iPhone auto correct sucks. Yes bang for buck is right. Yeah, stock form would def be the 500 but both with mod's I'd go with the Termi. I agree though, both are great machines which is why I own a Termi
iPhone auto correct!.. Gotta love it!... Lol.
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #91
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: 2012 Gt500 vs 03-04 Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
Well if that's the case, run slicks on both and you'll see a larger difference in those times!.. All the more reason why I'll take a Shelby over a Terminator!..
Run slicks on both and they're not stock. I thought we were comparing stock cars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishn8 View Post
Id go for the shelby, it looks better and has more potential. The terminator is already decked out.
Wrong. The 03/04 cobra is the only Mustang to come from the factory with forged internals. GT500 does not fall in that category, no forged internals = weak point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
Modified vs stock is not an even comparison!.. Mod for mod the Shelby will win!...
Then tell me how my ported eaton convertible beats up on twin-screw GT500's at the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
Bag for Buck?!?.... Lol. That is a new one for me!.. Lol I shall assume you mean "Bang for your Buck!.." lol

Don't get me wrong but I think both cars are AWSOME!.. But even with the POS tires that come on the GT500, in stock trim, it's still a bit quicker than a stock Terminator!.. Assuming both drivers are equal!..

Personally I would love to have either but slightly more so the Shelby!..
It's .2 seconds quicker in the quarter mile...and identical in 0-60 times. Wouldn't call that "quite a bit".
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn

Run slicks on both and they're not stock. I thought we were comparing stock cars...

Wrong. The 03/04 cobra is the only Mustang to come from the factory with forged internals. GT500 does not fall in that category, no forged internals = weak point.

Then tell me how my ported eaton convertible beats up on twin-screw GT500's at the track.

It's .2 seconds quicker in the quarter mile...and identical in 0-60 times. Wouldn't call that "quite a bit".
It's funny watching you get your panties up in a bunch!.. Lol

If the GT500 has weak internals, then how come you can see several of them able to push past 1000hp on the factory internal?..

As far as your ported eaton?... I will assume that's not your only mod!... You probably have several more!.. So once again I will say mod for mod the Shelby will win!..

And .2 seconds quicker is about a car length!.. Not to mention a win is still a win!..

Dude stop getting your panties in a bunch just because there is something out there that is better than your car!!... Whoop De Doo!!.... Lol
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular
 
t0t4lbl4ck0ut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 711
Re: 2012 Gt500 vs 03-04 Cobra

I don't even think this is even equal to compare the 2. The cobra when new was even as close to the gt500 in price and regardless of what any cobra owner says the gt500 is a higher performance level car. The 2 aren't even on the same level. It's like comparing a mustang to a ford gt. 2 different classes that shouldn't even be compared. The problem is ford gave the gt500 the same size wheels as the cobra and didn't increase size with power. Either way the gt500 is more of a collectors item simply because not every tool that wants a fast car can own one.

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

The two weren't even close in price range on the showroom And never have been
t0t4lbl4ck0ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:42 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular
 
CrimsonGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 257
Hands down give me a stock terminator

You can keep your old man's overpriced gt500

I love ya all but nothing would change my mind on this
CrimsonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:53 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonGT
Hands down give me a stock terminator

You can keep your old man's overpriced gt500

I love ya all but nothing would change my mind on this
Performance wise I'll take a GT500!.. Style wise I'll take a Terminator!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:26 PM   #96
Registered User
Newbie
 
White 03 cobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 7
Gotta go with the terminator just cause the gt 500 is a copy cat in my opinion
White 03 cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #97
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: 2012 Gt500 vs 03-04 Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
It's funny watching you get your panties up in a bunch!.. Lol

If the GT500 has weak internals, then how come you can see several of them able to push past 1000hp on the factory internal?..

As far as your ported eaton?... I will assume that's not your only mod!... You probably have several more!.. So once again I will say mod for mod the Shelby will win!..

And .2 seconds quicker is about a car length!.. Not to mention a win is still a win!..

Dude stop getting your panties in a bunch just because there is something out there that is better than your car!!... Whoop De Doo!!.... Lol
Show me "several" GT500's past 1000 horsepower on stock internals. I'll show you 2 Terminators for every 1 you post.

My power mods are as follows:
Ported eaton, upper pulley, lower pulley. Everything else is supporting those mods. I've yet to race a GT500 with those exact mods, they always have more.

Once again, .2 seconds for a minimum of $20,000 is just ridiculous to me.

I know there are several vehicles out there better than my car. But bang for buck I don't think there's a better vehicle out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0t4lbl4ck0ut View Post
I don't even think this is even equal to compare the 2. The cobra when new was even as close to the gt500 in price and regardless of what any cobra owner says the gt500 is a higher performance level car. The 2 aren't even on the same level. It's like comparing a mustang to a ford gt. 2 different classes that shouldn't even be compared. The problem is ford gave the gt500 the same size wheels as the cobra and didn't increase size with power. Either way the gt500 is more of a collectors item simply because not every tool that wants a fast car can own one. The two weren't even close in price range on the showroom And never have been
So by your reasoning, it's a more expensive car, therefore is better. I'm not sure how many of each you've driven but the GT500 is just not as much fun to me. It feels heavy in every way and is larger than some trucks I've driven.

As far as collectors items...sorry...but... The 03/04 cobra is a much lower production vehicle than the GT500. In 20 years only 1 of the 2 will be remembered as the beginning and end of the horsepower war. It kept GM out of the game for 6 years.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular
 
t0t4lbl4ck0ut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 711
Re: 2012 Gt500 vs 03-04 Cobra

Like I said. Any tool can own a terminator. And I say tool because most of the terminator owners I've ever met are exactly that. They are cocky irritating *** holes that think they are better then everyone. Not saying all of them are but everyone one of them I've met in real life are. I'm gonna laugh when one of these days a gt hands a terminator it's ***. Mine already has. Just accept that yes the gt500 is heavier and even with bad tires it's faster and more valuable then the terminator. Just accept the fact. That the terminator is now behind the curve. That it's a person opinion to get one or not. I personally wouldn't waste my money cause I can build my gt to be better for less then it would to buy a terminator. Or better yet buy a 99-01 cobra for about the same price as a gt and build it for even less money. 18k+ for a 9 year old car with high mileage is ridiculous. And those 6 year gm was out of the game was because they pulled the camaro lol it was gone even before the terminator was launched.

---------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 AM ----------

Over 19k for 2 years of production isn't really low
t0t4lbl4ck0ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn

Show me "several" GT500's past 1000 horsepower on stock internals. I'll show you 2 Terminators for every 1 you post.

My power mods are as follows:
Ported eaton, upper pulley, lower pulley. Everything else is supporting those mods. I've yet to race a GT500 with those exact mods, they always have more.

Once again, .2 seconds for a minimum of $20,000 is just ridiculous to me.

I know there are several vehicles out there better than my car. But bang for buck I don't think there's a better vehicle out there

So by your reasoning, it's a more expensive car, therefore is better. I'm not sure how many of each you've driven but the GT500 is just not as much fun to me. It feels heavy in every way and is larger than some trucks I've driven.

As far as collectors items...sorry...but... The 03/04 cobra is a much lower production vehicle than the GT500. In 20 years only 1 of the 2 will be remembered as the beginning and end of the horsepower war. It kept GM out of the game for 6 years.
Show me a Terminator pushing those kind of numbers on stock internals, and I'll show you a Shelby doing the same!.. Now you say that the Terminator is a much lower production vehicle!.. I can agree with that as it was only produced for two years!.. Yet you also say that you can show me 2 Terminators that are pushing over 1000hp for every Shelby doing the same!... That I find a bit hard to swallow as I do personally know of three Terminator owners, and none of them are pushing those kind of numbers!.. As a matter of fact only one of them is pushing over 600hp!.. Now I have meet several Shelbys pushing close to that 1000hp mark!.. Yet I don't actually know any of them personally!..

Now I will also agree that a 20,000 price difference is a bit steep for a .2 second difference!.. But take into consideration the fact that the Shelby comes with some POS tires for that kind of power!.. Slap on a decent set of rubber on it and that .2 second lead grows a bit more!..

I will also agree that back in '02, the Terminator was one of the things that helped bring the demise of the Camaro and TransAm!.. But right now both GM and Dodge are back in the swing of things!.. And both have some cars pushing some big numbers!.. The Camaro ZL1 with close to 600hp!.. And the Challenger with a 480hp NA motor!.. But I do think that we will see something very similar with the 2013 GT500!.. And 20 years from now people very well might be saying, "Terminator What?!?.... No, it was the 2013 GT500 that killed off both the Camaro and Challenger for good!!... "
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #100
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Camaro was done in 02 and from 98-02 the ls1 was the victor so in that aspect the 03 v6 mustang was faster then the 03 camaro that didn't exist!...
Ps if $$$ is not a deciding factor id take an 03/04 termi..even when I was still a chevy guy I always loved hearing that eaton supercharger whining!..back then ford was the only one doing that...badass!!.
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:48 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66
Camaro was done in 02 and from 98-02 the ls1 was the victor so in that aspect the 03 v6 mustang was faster then the 03 camaro that didn't exist!...
Ps if $$$ is not a deciding factor id take an 03/04 termi..even when I was still a chevy guy I always loved hearing that eaton supercharger whining!..back then ford was the only one doing that...badass!!.
Yes and no!.. We all know that model year and actual year are two different things!.. So for a brief time the Camaro SS and the Terminator did exist Simotainiusly!.. Not to mention the fact that Camaro sales were slipping big time and Chevy knew that the Terminator was coming!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #102
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Yes and no!.. We all know that model year and actual year are two different things!.. So for a brief time the Camaro SS and the Terminator did exist Simotainiusly!.. Not to mention the fact that Camaro sales were slipping big time and Chevy knew that the Terminator was coming!..
True but ALOT of the sales that mustang had (and camaro for that matter) were sales from there v6's..the SS's and the GT's were both getting outsold by the sixxers!..ive said it before and ill say it again if the camaro was still gone I dont think the 2013 GT500 would exist!..at least not with the numbers it has now..if there's no competition there's nothing!..just look at what the mustang has turned into after the camaro came back!..
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66

True but ALOT of the sales that mustang had (and camaro for that matter) were sales from there v6's..the SS's and the GT's were both getting outsold by the sixxers!..ive said it before and ill say it again if the camaro was still gone I dont think the 2013 GT500 would exist!..at least not with the numbers it has now..if there's no competition there's nothing!..just look at what the mustang has turned into after the camaro came back!..
Ya but we are not talking about the V6s here!... And plus the SS compition was more like the Mach1 and the Terminator!.. The GTs compition was the Z28!.. Not to mention the fact that the V8 Mustangs were also out selling the V8 Camaros!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #104
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66

True but ALOT of the sales that mustang had (and camaro for that matter) were sales from there v6's..the SS's and the GT's were both getting outsold by the sixxers!..ive said it before and ill say it again if the camaro was still gone I dont think the 2013 GT500 would exist!..at least not with the numbers it has now..if there's no competition there's nothing!..just look at what the mustang has turned into after the camaro came back!..
+1

There is no (pony)war with only one side.its just crazy what camaro and even challenger have made the mustang into.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:16 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

+1

There is no (pony)war with only one side.its just crazy what camaro and even challenger have made the mustang into.
+11

It's also crazy how some of these threads get off topic!!.... Hahahahahaha.
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang

Tags
2012 gt

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 Track Dates and Invitation Feffman At the Track 0 01-15-2012 06:33 AM
04 cobra or 2012 v6 or GT austinknoll General Car Discussion 8 01-09-2012 05:35 PM
1995 Mustang SVT Cobra Project yellow99 1979-1995 Mustang GT 0 09-03-2011 06:51 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



12:56 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.