2012 Gt500 vs 03-04 Cobra - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #141
Registered Member
Regular
 
drusmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Region: Michigan
Posts: 783
Send a message via Yahoo to drusmith
Re: 2012 Gt500 vs 03-04 Cobra

This is easy! If your comparing now! I would buy a Terminator for $25K, put 150 shot of Nos on it! Blow up the engine in a month, Replace with brand new built, cammed Twin Turbo Hellion. I mean $25K in engine alone. By then you might have got up to $50K total in cost vs. $60K and yourat 1000hp. 1000hp is pretty good. Pretty sure that is an all time azz kicker. Sad thing is... tons of Terminator owners ahve done this same thing. And I will do the same in about 2 more years.. Gt500 is sweet butt........

Oh yeah, and IT'S A TERMINATOR!!! Nuff said!

Terminator FTW!!!!!
drusmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #142
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 699
The only thing im trying to say is if the 4.6 was such a monster engine capable of making the 5.4l guys and girls cry home then y didnt ford use the 4.6 in the remake of the gt? No they saw the shelby 5.4 as the supiriour engine re cat it in alloy and fixed its minor "weak links" z

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Wow that hardly made sence lol please dont get me wrong the termy is an awsome car it just cant hang with the shelby street or strip to much torque (of course were talkin money is no issue hear) but yes "real world" were money is an issue the termy is the more logical choice its cheeper simple as that but on that note i could prolly build a 351w up for less then a termy and distroy it all day long. so what who really cares its all postering and gum flapping at this point.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:18 PM   #143
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
I'd get the Shelby!.. It's faster out of the box and has more potential down the road!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-23-2012, 03:22 PM   #144
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 699
U have to give the title of superior engine to the 5.4l were not talking about costs were just talking which is the better motor and like i said b4 if the 4.6 was ud see it in the ford gt and thats a fact.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #145
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: 2012 Gt500 vs 03-04 Cobra

For the terminator naysayers, please look up the compound boost setups. I know of two done here in Memphis, and a certain story in MM&FF Spring '09. Over 1000 rwhp on completely stock engine, down to the stock supercharger.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #146
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
For the terminator naysayers, please look up the compound boost setups. I know of two done here in Memphis, and a certain story in MM&FF Spring '09. Over 1000 rwhp on completely stock engine, down to the stock supercharger.
Same Company makes the same setup for the Shelby!..

So your point being??......
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:36 PM   #147
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blackcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 254
Ok the Shelby is superior in every category end of discussion stock to stock or u mod them both the Shelby will beat the terminator the terminator is a great car my uncle has one and it's awesome but my dads 2007 gt500 eats it alive that's the point of the discussion which one is best its the shelby
Blackcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:54 PM   #148
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat
Ok the Shelby is superior in every category end of discussion stock to stock or u mod them both the Shelby will beat the terminator the terminator is a great car my uncle has one and it's awesome but my dads 2007 gt500 eats it alive that's the point of the discussion which one is best its the shelby
+11
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #149
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: 2012 Gt500 vs 03-04 Cobra

I'm done with this discussion.

I'm not a bench racer, I actually go out and prove things.

Have yet to find a GT500 that will beat my extremely mild 03 Cobra Convertible.

Money for money, you can't beat the 03/04 Cobra.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #150
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
I'm done with this discussion.

I'm not a bench racer, I actually go out and prove things.

Have yet to find a GT500 that will beat my extremely mild 03 Cobra Convertible.

Money for money, you can't beat the 03/04 Cobra.
Haveing a ported Eaton and all supporting mods, like you told me earlier!.. Is not what I would call "extremely mild!.."

What ever you say Boss!... Lol

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

And by the way nobody was talking about money!... Every one was talking about stock for stock and mod for mod!.. Your the only one really talking about cash!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #151
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 699
Sounds to me someone dosent know when to let it be lol

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

P.s. Ur not the only one frequinting the tracks. But u are the only one bringing money into this discussion. And u really shouldnt because if money is all ur worried about u wouldnt even be talking about these 2 engines ud be talking about windsor based small blocks. Still the cheepest to mod to rediculas hights.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:22 PM   #152
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk
Sounds to me someone dosent know when to let it be lol
+11

Some people just can't stand the fact that there is something better!... Hey I have an '04 GT!.. Stock for stock and mod for mod the '05 and newer GTs will always be better, and faster!.. I've accepted that fact!..

Others need to learn to accept the limits of their own cars and just enjoy them for what they are!.. The only car I compare mine to is my own!.. I don't compare it to something else!..

Yet there are V6 owners that always compare them selves to GTs, and some GTs to Mach1s, and Terminators to Shelbys!... If all your going to do is compare your car to another to make it better than that!.. Than the car your comparing to is the one you need to get!... Because obviously that's what you really want!!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:40 PM   #153
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 699
03/04 termy equals old tech buy todays standerds the 5.4 is still evolving theres a reason for that and it dosent take a rocket scientist to figure it out. More torque more power more reliable... Nuff said
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:35 AM   #154
Registered Member
Regular
 
drusmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Region: Michigan
Posts: 783
Send a message via Yahoo to drusmith
Re: 2012 Gt500 vs 03-04 Cobra

Ahhh Lowflyn and I are a bit bias due to the fact that we each own a 4000lbs vert that kicks ***! Is there any GT500 owners that have anything to say?

Super Snake FTW!!!!!!
drusmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #155
Registered Member
Regular
 
CrimsonGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 257
Still say I like the terminators better
Can't beat that ***!!
Especially with some fat rear wheels
CrimsonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #156
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: 2012 Gt500 vs 03-04 Cobra

dollar for dollar 03/04 cobra wins

just looking at the car in hp/tq wars the GT500 wins

when you start looking at other categories its far to opinionated.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:25 AM   #157
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
dollar for dollar 03/04 cobra wins

just looking at the car in hp/tq wars the GT500 wins

when you start looking at other categories its far to opinionated.
+11

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonGT
Still say I like the terminators better
Can't beat that ***!!
Especially with some fat rear wheels
Like I said, looks wise I'll take the Terminator!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #158
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
You guys know there is a limited run of 1k HP Shelby's in the pipeline right? They will be off road only though
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #159
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: 2012 Gt500 vs 03-04 Cobra

overall though there are FAR FAR more shelby's out there than 03/04 Cobras
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #160
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
overall though there are FAR FAR more shelby's out there than 03/04 Cobras
Shelbys also span a much larger production run unless u want to brodon the termanators to include what they are "COBRA's" in which case theres far more "cobras" then shelbys (1 must take in to account even though those 2 yrs are nick named tarmanator and have other engines/preformance things done to them the same can be said about the shelbys example 67 had a 428 2008 has a sc5.4) as for rareity when looking at both "full" lines of cars there is less shelbys then cobras period if u have to narrow it down to a spacific style technicklly ur trying to bend the rules to suit ur cause. Etherway i do like both but shelbys have allways been the top of the line when it comes to mustangs and allways will be.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #161
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
It almost looks like a Ford/Chevy debate.imo these cars are different prices,made at different times but they are both bad as*.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #162
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang
It almost looks like a Ford/Chevy debate.imo these cars are different prices,made at different times but they are both bad as*.
Agreed
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #163
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: 2012 Gt500 vs 03-04 Cobra

sorry, I didnt make it clear what I was going after. I am only talking about 07+ shelby GT500s, just far more of them than the Terminators~ just from a number of perspective. Just more of a market flood vs terminators.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #164
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 699
Well ur only taking 2 yrs of cobras so in the intrest of fair ness pick 2 yrs of shelby gt 500 and if 03/04 are the lowest yrs of production numbers for cobras then in the intrest of fairness u should be picking only 2 yrs of the lowest production of shelbys other wise ur making a biast comparrason.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #165
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk
Well ur only taking 2 yrs of cobras so in the intrest of fair ness pick 2 yrs of shelby gt 500 and if 03/04 are the lowest yrs of production numbers for cobras then in the intrest of fairness u should be picking only 2 yrs of the lowest production of shelbys other wise ur making a biast comparrason.
This whole thread is a bit biased anyways!... Lol
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #166
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

This whole thread is a bit biased anyways!... Lol
Ive seen that hence y i started debating on it to bring that bias to light. If u need to limit to only a couple of yrs of limited production to compair to a longer run of cars lets face it youve allready lost because your admitting a handy cap (cause lets face it in the world of debating it is)
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #167
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk

Ive seen that hence y i started debating on it to bring that bias to light. If u need to limit to only a couple of yrs of limited production to compair to a longer run of cars lets face it youve allready lost because your admitting a handy cap (cause lets face it in the world of debating it is)
On the flip side!.. There are those that see the Terminator as a whole different package away from the previous Cobras!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #168
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 699
It dosent matter what they think it is what matters is what it is and its a cobra period.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #169
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk
It dosent matter what they think it is what matters is what it is and its a cobra period.
The last of the real SVT.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Haveing a ported Eaton and all supporting mods, like you told me earlier!.. Is not what I would call "extremely mild!.."

What ever you say Boss!... Lol

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

And by the way nobody was talking about money!... Every one was talking about stock for stock and mod for mod!.. Your the only one really talking about cash!..
I wouldn't call a ported eaton heavily modified...it's like udp and gears on a gt. Just a good idea
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #170
Registered Member
Regular
 
godsdisciple85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 594
Well the true comparrision is put drag radials on both cars and run them....with stock tires the gt500 spins like crazy because it has more hp then the termis thats the same reason a bolt on 5.0 with drs can hang with a completely stock gt500
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #171
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdisciple85
Well the true comparrision is put drag radials on both cars and run them....with stock tires the gt500 spins like crazy because it has more hp then the termis thats the same reason a bolt on 5.0 with drs can hang with a completely stock gt500
Ya I mentioned putting slicks on both cars and running them a few days ago and got blasted over it!... I was told "that's not stock"!.. "We are comparing stock Vs stock"!... "One pair of s**** tires vs another pair of s**** tires!..". Lol

I guess some one was getting little butt hurt!... Lol.
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #172
Registered Member
Regular
 
godsdisciple85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 594
Its because termis dont want that because they know full well they would bet beat...lol i love termis and i love gt500s i also love v6 mustangs and my mid/lower 12 sec 2011 5.0 and the reason i love tem is because they are mustangs....
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #173
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdisciple85
Its because termis dont want that because they know full well they would bet beat...lol i love termis and i love gt500s i also love v6 mustangs and my mid/lower 12 sec 2011 5.0 and the reason i love tem is because they are mustangs....
+11
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #174
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 699
God this hole thread feels like a bad acid trip. not that id know what that feels like but if i had to guess....
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:55 AM   #175
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk
God this hole thread feels like a bad acid trip. not that id know what that feels like but if i had to guess....
Haha i got more then what i was asking for when i made this thread. People are getting too pissed off over this thing lol
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang

Tags
2012 gt

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 Track Dates and Invitation Feffman At the Track 0 01-15-2012 06:33 AM
04 cobra or 2012 v6 or GT austinknoll General Car Discussion 8 01-09-2012 05:35 PM
1995 Mustang SVT Cobra Project yellow99 1979-1995 Mustang GT 0 09-03-2011 06:51 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



07:37 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.