Speedo recalibrate - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
McNassty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 600
Speedo recalibrate

Does anyone know the name of the part to recalibrate my speedometer? I just switched to 3.73's and I wanna know my true speed. Isn't it just a small plastic gear?
McNassty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
Registered User
Newbie
 
Wcelitegoalie19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 6
What year? You can most likely use the handheld tuner
Wcelitegoalie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Speedo recalibrate

pre 99 you can install a speedo gear, it wont be 100% but it will get it closer. You can modify it in the tune on 99+
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
McNassty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 600
She's a1995 SVT, I thought it was a speedo gear but every search online I do just gives me pics and specs. I can't find anyplace to order them, I tried Summit, American Muscle And AutoZone. Nothing and if they do have them (American Muscle) than its just for an automatic
McNassty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
32vNomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNassty
She's a1995 SVT, I thought it was a speedo gear but every search online I do just gives me pics and specs. I can't find anyplace to order them, I tried Summit, American Muscle And AutoZone. Nothing and if they do have them (American Muscle) than its just for an automatic
You can still get speedo gears from Ford. Also check latemodel resto what one is it you need?
32vNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
McNassty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 600
Found it, just had to get out of class so I could actually talk with the Summit operator. The only problem was I only ordered the speedo gear and now I have to wait another two days until I will be able to know how fast I'm actually going. Can I install the speedo gear now and install the gear ring when I get it? And if I can is it going to tear the speedo gear up?
McNassty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
32vNomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNassty
Found it, just had to get out of class so I could actually talk with the Summit operator. The only problem was I only ordered the speedo gear and now I have to wait another two days until I will be able to know how fast I'm actually going. Can I install the speedo gear now and install the gear ring when I get it? And if I can is it going to tear the speedo gear up?
You only need to change the gear. The gear on the tail shaft is a certain color. There are combinations of ring and gear to go together for certain gears. What rear end gears do you have installed or did u change tire size
32vNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
McNassty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 600
Really, cause that is awesome. It means I wasted twenty bucks but screw it if I don't have to pull the case apart. I threw in 3.73's, I sent my chip to BAMA yesterday. Can't wait to plug that in! I just spent eighteen hundred bucks on upgrade parts, that'll pull everything together
McNassty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
32vNomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNassty
Really, cause that is awesome. It means I wasted twenty bucks but screw it if I don't have to pull the case apart. I threw in 3.73's, I sent my chip to BAMA yesterday. Can't wait to plug that in! I just spent eighteen hundred bucks on upgrade parts, that'll pull everything together
http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/charts/129.pdf


Follow that link it will help you out. I'm suprised that this is not on the stickys because its very good and an important doc.
32vNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speedo? Burkeys96GT 1996-2004 Mustang GT 1 01-22-2012 05:42 PM
87 5.0 speedo upgrade: help? Buckallred 1979-1995 Mustang GT 11 01-20-2012 02:06 AM
fast speedo brian94gt 1979-1995 Mustang GT 4 10-25-2011 10:13 PM
speedo and gauges problems kirpy 2005-2010 V6 Mustang 0 10-20-2011 07:36 PM
speedo correction rix71gt 1996-2004 Mustang GT 10 10-07-2011 01:30 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



12:55 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.