Mustang Evolution Forum banner

loud squeal noise when certain rpms?

5K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  Dion11197 
#1 ·
Hey what's up guys my cobras been making loud squeal noises at higher rpms I changed the belt ,(motocraft belt), idler pulley, and the belt tensioner but still making the noises I did notice after driving for awhile it does stop making the noise . Mostly does it when car is cold or hasn't been driven for awhile . What could it be ?

#6 ·
Bearing is probably bad. If the power steering pump doesn't make noise and doesnt leak then just pulley and new bearing should be good.... However, I would price the difference between parts and a new pump. If its high millage and not much extra money I'd go ahead and replace the pump.

#9 ·
I also noticed my battery had a little bit of acid on top can it maybe just be my Alternator is throwing high voltage which is causing it to make that noise?

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Will a Alternator that's going out cause that ? To make that noise

#12 ·
As long as the bearing isn't pressed in it shouldn't be too bad... If your only replacing the bearing. But it should come preassembled new bearing and pulley together.

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

The worst part is getting the tools to do it.... Since the alternator pulley move freely it can be a pain to get on and off

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.