Intercooler on 98 cobra - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Intercooler on 98 cobra

I've been doing some reading and it seems like the cxracing 31x12x4 is probably the one I'm gonna go with. The only thing that I'm confused about is how the blow off valve works. Do I really need it? And if so how does it work? What do I need to buy? And if I install the bov I obviously need a blow thru maf but do I need a different one or can I just use the 80mm maf I have now and just move it up?

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Oh I have a vortech v2 making about 6-8 psi I believe. Also next to my maf there's like a little sensor that also goes into the intake by the filter. I don't know what it is and I cant find it anywhere on line. I wish I had taken a picture of it when I cleaned my filter yesterday. It's basically a thin mini maf. That's what it looked like to me. Lol. If anyone knows what I'm talking about can u also tell me where I would place it if I were to do the bov. Im guessing next to my maf?
vinnygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Bump
vinnygt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang