Selling a cobra on ebay - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-15-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Selling a cobra on ebay

SO i was talking to my brother last night, and after a few drinks he decided to trade me his supercharged competition orange mach 1. so now that ill be getting the mach one, ive decided to sell my cobra. I post a craigslist ad and ive got a bunch of trade offers but not any good ones. my question is, how do you sell a car on ebay? does the buyer pay for car transportation? how much do ebay get from the transaction? this is a first timer for me so any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks guys
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang 1.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	54858   Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang 3.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	54859  

Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang1.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	54860  
Attached Images

bluekswiss_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
On eBay you the seller determine the shipping options. And as far as fees I'm not sure. The last time I sold something on there it went for 200.00 and I had a seller fee of about 20.00. They probably do cars differently. Just check out eBay the info should be there. How much would you want for your cobra by the way?
03GT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekswiss_04
SO i was talking to my brother last night, and after a few drinks he decided to trade me his supercharged competition orange mach 1. so now that ill be getting the mach one, ive decided to sell my cobra. I post a craigslist ad and ive got a bunch of trade offers but not any good ones. my question is, how do you sell a car on ebay? does the buyer pay for car transportation? how much do ebay get from the transaction? this is a first timer for me so any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks guys
To sell a car, or anything on EBay it's usually a good idea to have a good amount of positive feedback that way buyers and sellers have trust. If you have that go to ebaymotors.com click sell, it will ask you for a tittle, and description, you get 1 picture free, the rest are .15-25 each but highly worth it. Make sure they aren't crummy pictures from your phone. the buyer is responsive for registering the car, all taxes, and shipping. eBay gets about 10-15% cut depending.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

They may take less commission on cars. I haven't sold a car on eBay.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Bit I've sold millions of things on eBay.
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
yeah, what im really worried about its the shipping on the car, i dont wanna go thru a hassle to ship the car, ill call the vehicle transportation and see how that works, thanks for the help guys, 03gt88 im still thinking about the price, ill probably post it here as well with an special discount for mustang lovers ha ha
bluekswiss_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yeah, what im really worried about its the shipping on the car, i dont wanna go thru a hassle to ship the car, ill call the vehicle transportation and see how that works, thanks for the help guys, 03gt88 im still thinking about the price, ill probably post it here as well with an special discount for mustang lovers ha ha
You should be able to do pick up only or will meet within so many miles of your area code.
jhagan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:28 PM   #6
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
eBay makes shipping easy. The standard shipping process is 1) Customer Buys car. 2) Customer Chooses shipping company. 3) Shipping Company works to find out what day/ days they can pick-up the car. 4) shipping company inspects car. 5) you sign off, then driver signs off. 6) Car gets transported to purchaser. 7) driver inspects car to make sure nothing occurred in shipping. 8) Purchaser gets car, is happy, and leaves you positive feedback.

Hypotheticals:
What if the seller never arranges for shipping? Then you have the right to refund their purchase, and resell the car.

What if there is a tornado and the truck gets destroyed and so do all the cars? The transport Company has insurance for that very reason.

What if the driver has a joy ride? Then you can sue the company. I highly doubt it.

There is nothing to fear, but fear its self. eBay partners with several reliable companies who would love to earn your trust and business.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang