Battery ran low now all of a sudden rough idle and no AC. Help! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Battery ran low now all of a sudden rough idle and no AC. Help!

I Was detailing my car and listening to the radio. The battery was already low from not driving it in a few weeks. The car only has 42K miles and was a garage queen. The battery went low enough car would not start. Before this car ran great and AC blew very cold. I jump started it. Then put in garage and put on a battery tender. Tonight we tried to go for a ride and rough idle and no AC. It appears the compressor isn't even kicking in. Any ideas? How long does it take to reset the ECU. It's going to be 102 tomorrow I really need AC. Thanks, Spiney-Dave

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Forgot to add its a 96 SVT Cobra. It's a garage queen with only 42K miles. It has ran great for the last year up until today.
Spiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Where is the constant control relay module. I looked at it closer today. Ac clutch not kicking in. Checked wiring, and fuses. Fuses are fine. Cleaned wiring contacts best I could no improvement. Would low freon keep clutch from kicking in? Should there be 12v at wires going into clutch when ac is on? What determines if clutch should be engaged? Thanks, Dave
Old 07-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Low freon shouldn't keep clutch from kicking in.
lBRAlD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

What does the CCRM look like and where do I find it? I read there may be an issue with a connector on there. Also where do I find the low pressure sensor. I want to jumper it to see if I can get the clutch to kick in. Thanks, Dave.

I will exhaust all options before I take it to the garage!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang