Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Mass Airflow Meter Question

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  CowboyLyon 
#1 ·
I'm a newer Cobra owner (2001) and I'm trying to figure out what all mods have been done to my car prior to my purchase. It had an inner fender CAI and what appears to be a Mass Airflow meter from what I can tell from my minimal knowledge. What would be the purpose of having this on a non supercharged/turbo car? What other mods might I look for if the previous owner installed one? Am looking at something else that appears to be a mass airflow meter? It is in the fender attached to the air filter and looks like the pics or a mass airflow from AM.

#4 ·
sounds like you have an inner fender CAI setup like my 03 cobra does. Its just cooler air and the MAF is probably right behind the air filter in the fender.

I like the looks of that but I perfer a filter in the engine bay for a daily driver (filter generally sits low, but if yours is up higher you are ok, in my case my filter sits on the VERY bottom on the inner fender liner.

It helps get you colder air, probably gives 10hp or so maybe. I would however get it dynoed to inspect it and see that its all good.

#10 ·
Tb, pullies, um exhaust, gears and short throw shifter, but that would be a little trickier to spot although you can find out by comparing shifters. As for gears put up your rear end, mark your drive shaft and rear tire. Spin your tire on full turn, slowly and count how many times your drive shaft spins. 3 1/4ish turns 327, 3 3/4ish 373, 4 and a bit 410

#13 ·
Butch said:
Tb, pullies, um exhaust, gears and short throw shifter, but that would be a little trickier to spot although you can find out by comparing shifters. As for gears put up your rear end, mark your drive shaft and rear tire. Spin your tire on full turn, slowly and count how many times your drive shaft spins. 3 1/4ish turns 327, 3 3/4ish 373, 4 and a bit 410
Tb is factory, can't tell on all the pullies but the ones that I can see are stock, back half of exhaust is SLP and front is stock, I think gears and shifter are stock too. So it looks like CAI is the only mod that I can tell. Excited to see what all I can do to spark her up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.