I'm confused? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-07-2012, 12:16 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I'm confused?

So i have a 1996 cobra i just recently got about 2 months ago. all that i was told that was done on it is exhaust, intake, suspension and has a bama tuner. But for some reason i'm getting way more out.of it than i should be. I've smoked C5s and terminators left and right. So far nobody has kept up with me especially once we get going up in the higher mph. I don't know what else has been done and I'm afraid to put performance parts on it in fear that I'll lose power or waist money.
allen1998gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 12:33 AM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Re: I'm confused?

Go get it dynoed and search the car thoroughly for anything that might not look stock. If you are running a ridiculous number then yea there might be more stuff done to it.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Stock you should have 305HP and 300TQ at the crank, c5's stock have 350HP and 380TQ at the crank, and termis have 380HP/TQ at the Crank so with those mods you shouldn't be beating them.

Either that or they aren't really trying.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:10 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

i think they're toying with you, but if you feel you're really winning then a dyno will be your friend. also check your gearing...pop the rear off the ground and mark the driveshaft. then spin the back tire one full rotation, and as you do count the times the mark spins a full time. count it out and you'll have your gearing.
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
They aren't toying with me i used to have a built up 98 gt that dynod at 370 hp and i would have problems with them then but this cobra is so much faster
allen1998gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen1998gt View Post
So i have a 1996 cobra i just recently got about 2 months ago. all that i was told that was done on it is exhaust, intake, suspension and has a bama tuner. But for some reason i'm getting way more out.of it than i should be. I've smoked C5s and terminators left and right. So far nobody has kept up with me especially once we get going up in the higher mph. I don't know what else has been done and I'm afraid to put performance parts on it in fear that I'll lose power or waist money.
What the others said on this thread is accurate, get that Dyno. If what you described of your performance is true, it sounds like your car may have had a Cam added, maybe some Head work done, are your Fuel Rails normal looking?
Old 08-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #6
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen1998gt View Post
allen1998gt,

Too much power is a pretty sweet problem to have haha. I agree with everyone else, call up a local dyno and see if they can squeeze you in for just a few dyno pulls. Shops in this area will charge about $50 for 2pulls and an Air/Fuel reading. Not a bad deal, especially if you may have a factory freak on your hands.

Looking forward to seeing some dyno sheets!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky

allen1998gt,

Too much power is a pretty sweet problem to have haha. I agree with everyone else, call up a local dyno and see if they can squeeze you in for just a few dyno pulls. Shops in this area will charge about $50 for 2pulls and an Air/Fuel reading. Not a bad deal, especially if you may have a factory freak on your hands.

Looking forward to seeing some dyno sheets!

Shane
+1 It very well could be a factory freak. The guy I bought my Cobra from said he had a 2002 GT with nothing more than a CAI that would probably outrun my Cobra.
Forged Internals, Limited Slip Differential, 3:73s, Bama Tune, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter, Mach 1 Air Intake, 31 Spline Moser Axles.
98StangKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang