Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Terminator engine locked up:(

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Dancobra75 
#1 ·
Well, I just locked up the engine in my 10th anni terminator, thought the oil pressure gauge was wrong( pulled the sending unit looked like it was still pumping) so I kept driving it and it screamed for a second and locked up, my question is can I put a 5.4 block out of an f-150 (forged up) and use my 4 valve heads on that engine for my termi?? Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks

#3 ·
I guess, the gauge was normal then it would go to nothing, as soon as I saw it go down I shut it off and pulled the sending unit and started the engine, it looked like it was pumping to me, so I just thought the gauge was wrong, turns out it was right, guess I just miss judged the oil flow I saw lol

#4 ·
Dancobra75 said:
I guess, the gauge was normal then it would go to nothing, as soon as I saw it go down I shut it off and pulled the sending unit and started the engine, it looked like it was pumping to me, so I just thought the gauge was wrong, turns out it was right, guess I just miss judged the oil flow I saw lol
Expensive assumption...can't say I would have done any different though. Hate to hear it

#5 ·
That sucks bro! My trans just blew last night if that makes you feel better?! lol
Make sure you take your time with the re-build and do it they way you want! Perfect time to upgrade the internals or go to 5.4 like you mentioned and build that. Also if you do cams keep in mind what you want in future. maybe Turbo or whatever. cams will make a difference depending what you are going for!

#6 ·
Yea, hate to hear bout ur trans too, I guess **** happens, I buy wrecked stangs so I'm actually looking at wrecked Shelby GT 500s as we speak, no since in playing around, might as well build a terminator 500, I'll post some pics of the swap as I go incase anyone wants to see how it goes and what it takes to work, everything should go pretty smooth sep for the wiring, gonna have to mate that engine harness to my dash harness or swap a 500 harness in my dash and change some gauges around, we'll see what happens, don't get too excited tho, it's gonna be a few weeks before I make the Shelby purchase, those bastards are high, even if they are crushed up like a pop can lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.