Swapping my trans..... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Swapping my trans.....

hey whats up? I'm swapping my 3650 5spd in my 01 Cobra for a built 4R70W. I'm talks with my tuner with scheduling and such. Just trying to get a head start on the list of s h & t I need.

I already have the the 4R, can order the torque converter no prob. So, past that, what all do I need? I know that the ECU has to be Mach 1 specific. But what else has to be Mach 1 specific? what else can I use from the GTs? what all from a GT can I use? what all from a Mach 1 do I need? So forth and so on.

I look forward to hearing from you guys. would like to see how much I can curb this bill in the end
rinfield2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Why dont you just buy a manual valve body so you dont have to wire up all this stuff and not pay a tuner to tune it? Thats the simpliest and cost effective way. And im sure drusmith will chime in. He bought a lentech 4r with manual valve body amd thats what i plan on once i sell my built t56. But there are aftermarket trans controllers for a grand plus that is a stand-alone. If u really want a computer controlled trans just buy the aftermarket controller easier to install and can tune it yourself with the controller that comes with it.
1999 Cobra black with medium parchment interiorJLT CAI, RWR motorsports tune, Pacesetter Longtubes, o/r xpipe w/cutouts, Flowmaster Super 44s, built t56, Kevlar clutch, Nitto NT05R, Ford Racing 4.10 gears, MMR 900 rotating assembly, vortech v3 si, twin aeromotive 340s, aeroquip lines, 80lbs injectors
Black99Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:46 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Im not going from auto to auto. Im going from manual TO auto. The 3650 is a tremec 5spd that the 01 cobra's came factory with.
rinfield2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 06:10 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
I understand that and know what a 3650 is. A manual valve body is a auto just doesnt use computer to shift it. What ever gear you want you just put it in it and go. If you go that route its less things you have to buy. Read my last post carefully if you have questions ask away if you dont underatand.
1999 Cobra black with medium parchment interiorJLT CAI, RWR motorsports tune, Pacesetter Longtubes, o/r xpipe w/cutouts, Flowmaster Super 44s, built t56, Kevlar clutch, Nitto NT05R, Ford Racing 4.10 gears, MMR 900 rotating assembly, vortech v3 si, twin aeromotive 340s, aeroquip lines, 80lbs injectors
Black99Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang