What do you guys think??? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-11-2013, 02:11 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Voltage258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Utah
Posts: 558
What do you guys think???

What do you guys think of this??
Ford Mustang | ksl.com
I have a GT right now, some of you may have seen my kicking around. Anyway i have been thinking of selling my car and trying to find a cobra now i dont want to spend $20,000 that is required most of the time for one so i found this one kind of close to me. What do you guys think of it price wise? It does have a reconstructed title so that could scare me away. Just cant stop thinking about it. And do you think it would be worth it to sell my GT with 50,000 miles on it to get this Cobra with almost 110,000? You guys are the experts...Thanks...
__________________
If your getting good gas mileage, your not having fun.
Voltage258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-11-2013, 03:56 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coreyw428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 430
It's got a rebuilt title so I'd be a little weary about it... I definatly wouldn't pay 15 for it just cause of that... But for the right money and if everything looks okay and drives okay I'd jump all over it...
Coreyw428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:38 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Luna1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Salt Lake City
Region: Utah
Posts: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltage258 View Post
What do you guys think of this??
Ford Mustang | ksl.com
I have a GT right now, some of you may have seen my kicking around. Anyway i have been thinking of selling my car and trying to find a cobra now i dont want to spend $20,000 that is required most of the time for one so i found this one kind of close to me. What do you guys think of it price wise? It does have a reconstructed title so that could scare me away. Just cant stop thinking about it. And do you think it would be worth it to sell my GT with 50,000 miles on it to get this Cobra with almost 110,000? You guys are the experts...Thanks...
U live in salt lake?
Luna1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
WheelStander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,470
My buddy bought one with a reconstructed title. Found out it had been in a front accident after he bought it.

Car was actually a show winner.

He took to like 5 different places to try to get it to drive perfectly straight. Never could get an alignment right so he sold it at a big loss.
__________________
Induction: Kenne Bell | wHp: 515 Tq: 503 | 1/4 Mile:11.09@123
WheelStander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
DerekJohnScott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 571
Find out why it has a rebuilt title, it could have been as little as a smashed bumper. I knew a guy who had his car keyed, all the windows smashed out and the lights smashed and they have it a rebuild but there was no mechanical damage. But if it does have one it should be very cheap.
DerekJohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Voltage258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Utah
Posts: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna1994 View Post

U live in salt lake?
Close. Davis County

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyw428 View Post
It's got a rebuilt title so I'd be a little weary about it... I definatly wouldn't pay 15 for it just cause of that... But for the right money and if everything looks okay and drives okay I'd jump all over it...
What do you think like $12,000 maybe?
__________________
If your getting good gas mileage, your not having fun.
Voltage258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Voltage258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Utah
Posts: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekJohnScott View Post
Find out why it has a rebuilt title, it could have been as little as a smashed bumper. I knew a guy who had his car keyed, all the windows smashed out and the lights smashed and they have it a rebuild but there was no mechanical damage. But if it does have one it should be very cheap.
I will try to find out why.. And yeah I got in a crash with mine the week I bought it. Broke the bumper set the airbags off somehow and nicked the hood. No mechanical damage or frame damage Nd that almost totaled the car and luckily enough it did not...

And my biggest concern is this would be may daily driver as my gt is now. So 110 000 miles kind of scares me reliability wise but who knows... And I just thought about what it would do to my insurance and now I'm really scared.. Haha.. But I still want it.

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelStander View Post
My buddy bought one with a reconstructed title. Found out it had been in a front accident after he bought it.

Car was actually a show winner.

He took to like 5 different places to try to get it to drive perfectly straight. Never could get an alignment right so he sold it at a big loss.
That sucks
__________________
If your getting good gas mileage, your not having fun.
Voltage258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
98StangKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 922
Stay away from a reconstructed title bro.. Trust me.. Ive had one, and I worked in the used car business for a while.. They are a HUGE PITA to sell..
__________________
'01 Cobra
Forged Internals, Limited Slip Differential, 3:73s, Bama Tune, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter, Mach 1 Air Intake, 31 Spline Moser Axles.
98StangKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jgill1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rolla
Region: Missouri
Posts: 1,405
Yea if you get a rebuilt title car that runs good plan on keeping it forever! I've had a few rebuilt titles that ran PERFECT without ANY issues but you almost have to pay someone else just to take it
__________________

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Voltage258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Utah
Posts: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98StangKid View Post
Stay away from a reconstructed title bro.. Trust me.. Ive had one, and I worked in the used car business for a while.. They are a HUGE PITA to sell..


---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992 View Post
Yea if you get a rebuilt title car that runs good plan on keeping it forever! I've had a few rebuilt titles that ran PERFECT without ANY issues but you almost have to pay someone else just to take it
Yeah he has been trying to sell it for a month. And I would not plan on selling but you never know.. I have had my car for a year and still plan on never selling it unless it's to buy a cobra. Or possibly a mach 1 but that's less likely.
__________________
If your getting good gas mileage, your not having fun.
Voltage258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Voltage258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Utah
Posts: 558
And I just kbb it and even in excellent condition which its not because it was wrecked. It's worth $14,215,it says.
__________________
If your getting good gas mileage, your not having fun.
Voltage258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltage258
And I just kbb it and even in excellent condition which its not because it was wrecked. It's worth $14,215,it says.
Lol
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Voltage258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Utah
Posts: 558
Well I texted him... He said the car was spun during a test drive at a Ford dealership. They spun it into a pole with the rear quarter panel and there was no frame damage. He is selling it because he bought a 2013 mustang and he is firm on the price..... So I guess the search continues... I wonder if he is a member of this forum, that would be awesome......
__________________
If your getting good gas mileage, your not having fun.
Voltage258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coreyw428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltage258

Close. Davis County

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------



What do you think like $12,000 maybe?
That would be the most I would pay and it would have to drive good and be in decent shape as far as the interior and exterior looks... I would definatly take it to a good mechanic and have everything checked first
Coreyw428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Voltage258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Utah
Posts: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyw428 View Post

That would be the most I would pay and it would have to drive good and be in decent shape as far as the interior and exterior looks... I would definatly take it to a good mechanic and have everything checked first
Yeah I'm not going to even touch it. He won't take anything less than 15. And I'm definitely not spending that much on a rebuilt title with over 100, 000 miles.
__________________
If your getting good gas mileage, your not having fun.
Voltage258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:13 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.