What do you guys think??? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-11-2013, 02:11 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
What do you guys think???

What do you guys think of this??
Ford Mustang | ksl.com
I have a GT right now, some of you may have seen my kicking around. Anyway i have been thinking of selling my car and trying to find a cobra now i dont want to spend $20,000 that is required most of the time for one so i found this one kind of close to me. What do you guys think of it price wise? It does have a reconstructed title so that could scare me away. Just cant stop thinking about it. And do you think it would be worth it to sell my GT with 50,000 miles on it to get this Cobra with almost 110,000? You guys are the experts...Thanks...
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 03:56 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
It's got a rebuilt title so I'd be a little weary about it... I definatly wouldn't pay 15 for it just cause of that... But for the right money and if everything looks okay and drives okay I'd jump all over it...
Coreyw428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:38 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltage258 View Post
What do you guys think of this??
Ford Mustang | ksl.com
I have a GT right now, some of you may have seen my kicking around. Anyway i have been thinking of selling my car and trying to find a cobra now i dont want to spend $20,000 that is required most of the time for one so i found this one kind of close to me. What do you guys think of it price wise? It does have a reconstructed title so that could scare me away. Just cant stop thinking about it. And do you think it would be worth it to sell my GT with 50,000 miles on it to get this Cobra with almost 110,000? You guys are the experts...Thanks...
U live in salt lake?
Luna1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
My buddy bought one with a reconstructed title. Found out it had been in a front accident after he bought it.

Car was actually a show winner.

He took to like 5 different places to try to get it to drive perfectly straight. Never could get an alignment right so he sold it at a big loss.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Find out why it has a rebuilt title, it could have been as little as a smashed bumper. I knew a guy who had his car keyed, all the windows smashed out and the lights smashed and they have it a rebuild but there was no mechanical damage. But if it does have one it should be very cheap.
DerekJohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna1994 View Post

U live in salt lake?
Close. Davis County

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyw428 View Post
It's got a rebuilt title so I'd be a little weary about it... I definatly wouldn't pay 15 for it just cause of that... But for the right money and if everything looks okay and drives okay I'd jump all over it...
What do you think like $12,000 maybe?
Old 03-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekJohnScott View Post
Find out why it has a rebuilt title, it could have been as little as a smashed bumper. I knew a guy who had his car keyed, all the windows smashed out and the lights smashed and they have it a rebuild but there was no mechanical damage. But if it does have one it should be very cheap.
I will try to find out why.. And yeah I got in a crash with mine the week I bought it. Broke the bumper set the airbags off somehow and nicked the hood. No mechanical damage or frame damage Nd that almost totaled the car and luckily enough it did not...

And my biggest concern is this would be may daily driver as my gt is now. So 110 000 miles kind of scares me reliability wise but who knows... And I just thought about what it would do to my insurance and now I'm really scared.. Haha.. But I still want it.

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelStander View Post
My buddy bought one with a reconstructed title. Found out it had been in a front accident after he bought it.

Car was actually a show winner.

He took to like 5 different places to try to get it to drive perfectly straight. Never could get an alignment right so he sold it at a big loss.
That sucks
Old 03-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Stay away from a reconstructed title bro.. Trust me.. Ive had one, and I worked in the used car business for a while.. They are a HUGE PITA to sell..
Forged Internals, Limited Slip Differential, 3:73s, Bama Tune, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter, Mach 1 Air Intake, 31 Spline Moser Axles.
98StangKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Yea if you get a rebuilt title car that runs good plan on keeping it forever! I've had a few rebuilt titles that ran PERFECT without ANY issues but you almost have to pay someone else just to take it

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98StangKid View Post
Stay away from a reconstructed title bro.. Trust me.. Ive had one, and I worked in the used car business for a while.. They are a HUGE PITA to sell..

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992 View Post
Yea if you get a rebuilt title car that runs good plan on keeping it forever! I've had a few rebuilt titles that ran PERFECT without ANY issues but you almost have to pay someone else just to take it
Yeah he has been trying to sell it for a month. And I would not plan on selling but you never know.. I have had my car for a year and still plan on never selling it unless it's to buy a cobra. Or possibly a mach 1 but that's less likely.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

And I just kbb it and even in excellent condition which its not because it was wrecked. It's worth $14,215,it says.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltage258
And I just kbb it and even in excellent condition which its not because it was wrecked. It's worth $14,215,it says.
Lol
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Well I texted him... He said the car was spun during a test drive at a Ford dealership. They spun it into a pole with the rear quarter panel and there was no frame damage. He is selling it because he bought a 2013 mustang and he is firm on the price..... So I guess the search continues... I wonder if he is a member of this forum, that would be awesome......
Old 03-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltage258

Close. Davis County

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

What do you think like $12,000 maybe?
That would be the most I would pay and it would have to drive good and be in decent shape as far as the interior and exterior looks... I would definatly take it to a good mechanic and have everything checked first
Coreyw428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyw428 View Post

That would be the most I would pay and it would have to drive good and be in decent shape as far as the interior and exterior looks... I would definatly take it to a good mechanic and have everything checked first
Yeah I'm not going to even touch it. He won't take anything less than 15. And I'm definitely not spending that much on a rebuilt title with over 100, 000 miles.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang