Bad gas problem! Please help! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Bad gas problem! Please help!

I filled my car up the other day at a Spirit gas station and it has been been running like CRAP ever since... Mechanic says my injectors are probably full of trash and prolly need to be professionally cleaned, and my tank needs to be dropped and emptied.. Car runs OK when it gets going.. But suffers when at low RPMs... I tried the Seafoam but scared that made it worse... Me and my dad I guess will drop and empty the tank in the morning.. :/ It's currently broke down at a gas station because it won't stay cranked for longer than 30 seconds.
Forged Internals, Limited Slip Differential, 3:73s, Bama Tune, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter, Mach 1 Air Intake, 31 Spline Moser Axles.
98StangKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Run a scanner on it and see if any codes popped. Also when you say it's running like crap, do you mean it's misfiring?.. My car did something very similar, turned out the fuel pump died on me.
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner
Run a scanner on it and see if any codes popped. Also when you say it's running like crap, do you mean it's misfiring?.. My car did something very similar, turned out the fuel pump died on me.
It's throwing 2 codes. One for it running lean, and one for the fuel rail pressure sensor.. And I JUST put a GT pump on it...

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

And yea... It just misfires.. And eventually dies.
Forged Internals, Limited Slip Differential, 3:73s, Bama Tune, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter, Mach 1 Air Intake, 31 Spline Moser Axles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98StangKid View Post

It's throwing 2 codes. One for it running lean, and one for the fuel rail pressure sensor.. And I JUST put a GT pump on it...

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

And yea... It just misfires.. And eventually dies.
I think you got a bad pump.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Was it an Oreilly pump?
Mystic96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

No, it was a GT pump. Like the GT supercar.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

We checked the Fuel Pressure Rail Sensor. We blew on it and you can't feel any air coming out, so we know that the diaphragm isn't busted. But now we don't know what to do...
Old 04-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I think first thing I'd do is check fuel pressure at the rail those two codes seem to make the pump suspect I spent 800 bucks one time because I had just put a new pump on a GTA I had and refused to believe it was the pump. Bear in mind I am just an old motorhead not a mechanic one other time I read the codes on my GTA as O2 sensor, lean fuel and EGR if I remember then after I replaced the sensors it still didn't change after finally takin it to a mechanic finding out those codes put together indicate bad cats and voila it smoked the tires again.

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Have u checked pressure at the rail?

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

How about the fuel filter have u checked it after the bad gas?
Old 04-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yea, we just put the 3rd fuel filter on it.. And it's finally running somewhat better. So we'll see.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:44 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Ok, the FRPS didn't fix it. So now I'm going to replace the fuel pump. I had a GT Super car pump in it right now, but can I order a Walbro 255lph pump and it fit in my stock housing? Please help me out guys. Thanks!
Old 04-25-2013, 06:37 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98StangKid View Post
Ok, the FRPS didn't fix it. So now I'm going to replace the fuel pump. I had a GT Super car pump in it right now, but can I order a Walbro 255lph pump and it fit in my stock housing? Please help me out guys. Thanks!
My understanding is that it will fit.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

My understanding is that it will fit.
Ok. Thanks. Hopefully some more people will chime in too. Let's hope it does though... :/ I really need my car back going.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Have u checked fuel pressure at the rail I have done all kinds of stuff spent bunch of money to find out it was my pump. But to me it sounds like bad gas screwed u up. If it were me I'd flush the tank out if u have to pull it. Is there another in line filter or just the one to me it sounds like a fuel delivery issue.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic96
Have u checked fuel pressure at the rail I have done all kinds of stuff spent bunch of money to find out it was my pump. But to me it sounds like bad gas screwed u up. If it were me I'd flush the tank out if u have to pull it. Is there another in line filter or just the one to me it sounds like a fuel delivery issue.
Highest fuel pressure is right now is about 20. So, just ordered a Walbro 255lph pump. And yea, gonna flush tank out too. Sound right?
Old 04-26-2013, 07:36 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

That's what I'd do good luck!
Old 06-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Definitely!
540i6e39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang