About how much $$ do you 4V guys have to pay for a head refresh - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #1
Region: New Jersey
About how much $$ do you 4V guys have to pay for a head refresh

Looking at getting a set of 99/01 non-revised C heads for dirt cheap and doing the 4V conversion as an option vs paying $1500-$1800 for ported PI heads. I know there is more involved than that and I'll have to worry about cams and chains and sprockets etc... but I'm just in the research phase and looking at all my options. I see revised heads refreshed and ready to go for $1k pop up on classifieds and ebay every now and then.

I've never really dealt with the 4V heads so what all am I looking at here:

-Stock 4V springs ok for a car not going over 6500?
-What is a valve job for 32 valves going to run me?
-Anything else I need to lookout for on the 4V heads?

I had a set of 5.0 heads gone through completely, springs checked good, valve job and made sure they were true and good and that was $200. If I can get a set of the C heads ready to go for $500-$800 that really makes me think twice about dropping $1800 on a set of stage 3 PI heads that won't flow as well as even unrevised C heads. I know the extra 2 cams/chains/sprockets will be a little extra but 98 Cobra intake cams are $150 and probably another $100 for the 4v exhaust cams so not much more if at all than Comp 270s for the 2V.

Not looking to cheap out here at all but I mean... if I can save $1k and get heads that flow better in the process... you know... And I can always pull the C heads off later and have them ported out to meet or beat the revised heads.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang