brake pedal - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

brake pedal

ok, so this isnt a Mustang but is a SVT lighting.

A friend I did work for has a 94 lighting truck with the pedal pulsating when pressing the brakes. Not sure if it was doing this before or after because he came to me about changing them, but didnt say why. The Truck had wilwood front cal, brakes, and rotors. We changed it all back to stock with new cal, brakes, and rotors, bearings.

The rear has been converted from drum to disk brakes of which I have changed with new rotors and pads.

The pedal pulsates, maybe air in the line somewhere? I bled the front because of the changing of the calipers. Any ideas? The truck has ABS.
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I know you said it has new rotors but it sure sounds like one of them is warped. Use a dial indicator and check the runout on each rotor.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:00 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
I know you said it has new rotors but it sure sounds like one of them is warped. Use a dial indicator and check the runout on each rotor.
When you apply the brakes really hard, the steering wheel doesn't not vibrate. I noticed the pedal when I went on a test drive after it all. Not sure if it was doing this before or not. On the first day all I changed was the stuff on the front then just pads on the rear.

After I noticed the pedal doing this after the test drive I told him to change the rotors in the rear which I did. After that I drove it still the same. Although they were new, I had then turned.

Could there still be air in the lines? I would have thought that when I pushed the piston back in on the rear it would have pushed everything out, correct ?
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
It sounds like you've done all the right things. Never hurts to just go ahead and bleed the brakes until everything comes out clear on a truck that age but Im assuming that the pedal doesn't feel spongy, so your probably ok. Id still check the runout on the rotors, specifically the conversion on the rear. Its a cheap , easy way to eliminate that as the potential problem.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang