1999 Cobra abs and trac light help? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-26-2013, 12:46 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
1999 Cobra abs and trac light help?

I have a 99 cobra and since I've bought it in 2011 the abs light and trac control light has been on. The trac light stays lit on off and pushing the button I don't think does anything :/ when I bought it the car had the gears changed and it had exhaust put on before me. Does anyone know if exhaust or gears will cause either the abs or trac light to stay on?
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2013, 01:01 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
If they replaced the gears they prolly messed something up or something with the abs is out. If you put a scan tool brand code reader on it they have a abs code reader built in. And that can tell you whats up. I have the same prob but i turned the trac off in my tune so
1999 Cobra black with medium parchment interiorJLT CAI, RWR motorsports tune, Pacesetter Longtubes, o/r xpipe w/cutouts, Flowmaster Super 44s, built t56, Kevlar clutch, Nitto NT05R, Ford Racing 4.10 gears, MMR 900 rotating assembly, vortech v3 si, twin aeromotive 340s, aeroquip lines, 80lbs injectors
Black99Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:18 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

What about the sct tuner? I bought one from am muscle and it helps a lot. I see engine light checker but nothing else. Also I think they did not put eliminators on when they installed but the only two codes are one from tuner and other from exhaust I think. Ill list codes tommorow but prob have to get a dealer to check abs light
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2013, 03:26 AM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Same exact thing happened to my mustang before I bought it. Turned out to be a bad ABS module

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Just go to advance auto they have a free one you can use. Im 90% sure that the scan tool brand they have reads abs. Thatll save you alot of money.
1999 Cobra black with medium parchment interiorJLT CAI, RWR motorsports tune, Pacesetter Longtubes, o/r xpipe w/cutouts, Flowmaster Super 44s, built t56, Kevlar clutch, Nitto NT05R, Ford Racing 4.10 gears, MMR 900 rotating assembly, vortech v3 si, twin aeromotive 340s, aeroquip lines, 80lbs injectors
Old 05-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks. Does abs module affect driving? How much did it cost to replace one? Ill get autazone to check it.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

It shouldnt affect driving. If the module is still good it should still control up to the point that has a fault.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black99Snake View Post
It shouldnt affect driving. If the module is still good it should still control up to the point that has a fault.
Thanks. Didn't know what it does. I've drove like it with it for two years and never really bothered me. I'm about to replace my rock hard clutch that takes a lot to push down and I'm afraid ill be learning how to drive stick again with a clutch so light. Lol
Old 05-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

You wont really get away from a heavy clutch. Ive tried four different clutches and pressure plates. Cable clutches are so heavy. The easiest ive found so far is a custom 8 pluck kevlar clutch with a spec stage 2 pressure plate. But still has alot of pressure.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black99Snake View Post
You wont really get away from a heavy clutch. Ive tried four different clutches and pressure plates. Cable clutches are so heavy. The easiest ive found so far is a custom 8 pluck kevlar clutch with a spec stage 2 pressure plate. But still has alot of pressure.
Dang it. I've test drove couple v6 five speeds and the clutch is light a a feather. We're cobras not made that way?
Old 05-26-2013, 10:29 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

V6s have smaller flywheels and clutches. Cobras and gt's have bigger everything just how it is.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang