Clutch Fork Rattle - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-05-2013, 01:47 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
Clutch Fork Rattle

So I bought my termi with one known problem, the clutch fork rattles and it's annoying and shakes the pedal, is there a known fix to this other than replacing the fork?
And how do you tighten the clutch cable as mine has about 1/4" worth of slack in it.
Any help is appreciated.
Has a stage 2 spec clutch in it if that helps at all.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
You need to invest in a firewall adjuster and quadrant. The factory parts do ok with oem clutch but most aftermarket clutches need more adjustment.

I'm running a spec 3+ with fiore microclick firewall adjuster and steeda 3 hook quadrant. Only issue I have is bucking at low rpm's but that's expected from such a heavy clutch.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
You need to invest in a firewall adjuster and quadrant. The factory parts do ok with oem clutch but most aftermarket clutches need more adjustment.

I'm running a spec 3+ with fiore microclick firewall adjuster and steeda 3 hook quadrant. Only issue I have is bucking at low rpm's but that's expected from such a heavy clutch.
From this forum alone you seem to be one of the most knowledgable and most active cobra owners. What would be a good mod list shooting for 460-470rwhp with supporting mods and cooling mods and what order would you recommend
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx

From this forum alone you seem to be one of the most knowledgable and most active cobra owners. What would be a good mod list shooting for 460-470rwhp with supporting mods and cooling mods and what order would you recommend
2.76 pulley, idler kit of your choice with added idler below sc, mafia or sct2600, kenne bell bap and tune. Add a ported blower and you'll be just under 500/500 to the tires.

Some swear by cooling mods. My vert runs 11's on the setup I just posted. I didn't see benefit to head cooling mod. Added a larger ic tank and running stock heat exchanger.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

2.76 pulley, idler kit of your choice with added idler below sc, mafia or sct2600, kenne bell bap and tune. Add a ported blower and you'll be just under 500/500 to the tires.

Some swear by cooling mods. My vert runs 11's on the setup I just posted. I didn't see benefit to head cooling mod. Added a larger ic tank and running stock heat exchanger.
Thanks man, that really some good info.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx

Thanks man, that really some good info.
Np. I've been messing with these cobras since 07 and have done most everything to one.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



05:28 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.