Safety of this setup - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-20-2014, 08:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: New Jersey
Safety of this setup

Okay! So i've seen mixed answers on this and was wondering if you guys could help me clarify this. I have a bone stock (aside from a CAI and a 2.7 upper pulley) 2004 cobra engine with 12k miles on it- i bought it this way, and before anything im planning on swapping to a 2.93 upper, a 3.20 alternator pulley, a 4 lb. crank pulley, and a set of auxiliary idler pulleys. Now i've heard from plenty of people that this setup is safe as it distributes the power gains from both the upper and lower pulley while making sure not to over-spin the alternator instead of forcing all of the boost from just the upper and over spinning the blower and helps with preventing belt slip. Or at least thats what i thought up until i read on a forum yesterday some guy saying that its a terrible idea to run that setup, and that its better for you to just use a smaller upper and pull all the boost from that. So first i wanted to know what your guy's opinions were on this and if anybody is running the setup im talking about using, (2.93 upper, 4lb. crank, 3.20 alt., idler pulley set) and how they've been doing riding with that. Second i was wondering if i'd have to get a new set of spark plugs at a different heat range from doing those upgrades or if i should be fine on the stock plugs until i start modding it further- thanks
TxHxE MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang