2004 Terminator for Sale - Is it Worth It - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-27-2015, 03:16 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
2004 Terminator for Sale - Is it Worth It

The first time I fell in love with Mustangs was 2003 when I saw the SVT Cobra. I was 16 at the time and always wanted an 03-04 Cobra ever since. I do keep my eyes out but I'm the kind of person who would buy my toy car brand new no previous owners. I came across the 2004 Terminator with only 1,000 miles on it

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Terminator, Cobra for sale | Hemmings Motor News

Guy is asking for 35K. Is it worth it? What type of costs am I looking at for it to be shipped to the Philadelphia area?
Seebz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2015, 04:40 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Wow that is beautiful

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 05:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
they should so come back with the terminator very nice car just 36 k is alot can get a new car with that even though i know it is worth it too some people.
yellowconve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2015, 06:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowconve View Post
they should so come back with the terminator very nice car just 36 k is alot can get a new car with that even though i know it is worth it too some people.

If it was 36k total including shipping to me then I'd do it in a heartbeat. Not only is it basically new, it hasn't been modded at all. The only issue is mentally for me. I have it in my head that the early mustang have a lot of mechanical problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 01-27-2015, 06:17 PM   #5
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
I'm not to far from it. I can drive it to you if needed. Free of charge 👍
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
It's worth what someone is willing to pay nothing more nothing less. If it's your dream car and you plan to keep it forever then I would say it's worth it to you. Just know that you will probable never get your money out of it if you do decide to sell it. Especially with it being older and more difficult to get financing on

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
That's the exact same price I paid for my 2012 Boss with 7500 miles. I don't know what it is worth it is nice. As an investment who knows? The real question is what is it worth to you? Personally I would get the nicest Coyote I could find but it is your money and your decision.

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:00 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Duplicate post.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:27 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
If I could afford it I would buy it in a heart beat!
Old 01-28-2015, 05:42 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I was curious because I myself liked those cars a lot and wanted one and appears to be worth the price asking. There a lot of nice ones out there but not a lot with 1000 miles. Only problem I see is trying NOT to drive because as miles go on the car the value is going to very rapidly decrease. If you intend to drive it a lot it would be better to look for one with under 40,000 miles for 15k-20k.

Old 01-28-2015, 06:33 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
I was curious because I myself liked those cars a lot and wanted one and appears to be worth the price asking. There a lot of nice ones out there but not a lot with 1000 miles. Only problem I see is trying NOT to drive because as miles go on the car the value is going to very rapidly decrease. If you intend to drive it a lot it would be better to look for one with under 40,000 miles for 15k-20k.

My thoughts exactly but again I'm not really caring about it as an investment. But at the same time it almost seems unethical to put daily driver miles on this rare low mileage find.

Old 01-28-2015, 06:39 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seebz13 View Post
My thoughts exactly but again I'm not really caring about it as an investment. But at the same time it almost seems unethical to put daily driver miles on this rare low mileage find.

I understand but if you put 10-15,000 miles on this car you could potentially devalue it by half whereas if you bought one with 25,000 miles for $20,000 adding mileage it would depreciate at the normal rate if that makes sense. But again it's up to you it is a nice car.

Old 01-28-2015, 06:55 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I think it's more unethical to have a car like that sit and collect dust rather then being enjoyed. These cars were meant to be driven!

Old 01-28-2015, 07:06 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I think it's more unethical to have a car like that sit and collect dust rather then being enjoyed. These cars were meant to be driven!

Old 01-29-2015, 08:06 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I understand but if you put 10-15,000 miles on this car you could potentially devalue it by half whereas if you bought one with 25,000 miles for $20,000 adding mileage it would depreciate at the normal rate if that makes sense. But again it's up to you it is a nice car.

You're absolutley right. On the flip side though, I know the point of these cars in 2003 and 2004 when they were new was to mod them out and get the full potential of that nice 4.6L engine. This car is bone stock and has never been upgraded. It's basically getting a brand new 04 Cobra in 2014. I'm seeing it as me getting to do what I always wanted to when I was 16. I may go for it and suck up the potential losses since I'd probably own this car for a long time. Still like I said, it's almost a shame to put miles on one of the greatest SVT cars ever built

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

Quote:

You're absolutely right. On the flip side though, I know the point of these cars in 2003 and 2004 when they were new was to mod them out and get the full potential of that nice 4.6L engine. This car is bone stock and has never been upgraded. It's basically getting a brand new 04 Cobra in 2014. I'm seeing it as me getting to do what I always wanted to when I was 16. I may go for it and suck up the potential losses since I'd probably own this car for a long time. Still like I said, it's almost a shame to put miles on one of the greatest SVT cars ever built
Old 01-29-2015, 08:44 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
This is the only Terminator I have ever seen that is priced where it should be.

Why are they asking $33,000 for this 1,000 mile car when all the other Terminators have been beat on for years and they are asking eleventy billion dollars for them.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:54 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
This is the only Terminator I have ever seen that is priced where it should be.

Why are they asking $33,000 for this 1,000 mile car when all the other Terminators have been beat on for years and they are asking eleventy billion dollars for them.

It's nice for sure and you are right some ask stupid money for those.

Old 02-05-2015, 01:14 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Wow, this is an extremely rare find. I hope to one day own a termi, however, for that kind of money, u can have one hell of a 2011-2014 coyote, and not have to deal with new edge interior, which btw is the crappiest part of any new edge. I'd also have to go against my "cars are meant to be driven attitude" and park that termi if I bought it, considering it's probably the only one in the world with mileage that low. Nice find for sure

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:02 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco4life View Post
Wow, this is an extremely rare find. I hope to one day own a termi, however, for that kind of money, u can have one hell of a 2011-2014 coyote, and not have to deal with new edge interior, which btw is the crappiest part of any new edge. I'd also have to go against my "cars are meant to be driven attitude" and park that termi if I bought it, considering it's probably the only one in the world with mileage that low. Nice find for sure

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app

That about sums up my thoughts on it too. I paid 34k for my 2012 Boss with 7500 miles on it. I also own a new edge and and the interior is crap but I still like it but I would not pay a lot for any new edge. There are great deals to be had out there on Mustangs and you can get a Whole lot more for your money from what I have seen in the market right now.

Old 03-01-2015, 07:12 PM   #20
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
The first time I fell in love with Mustangs was 2003 when I saw the SVT Cobra. I was 16 at the time and always wanted an 03-04 Cobra ever since. I do keep my eyes out but I'm the kind of person who would buy my toy car brand new no previous owners. I came across the 2004 Terminator with only 1,000 miles on it

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Terminator, Cobra for sale | Hemmings Motor News

Guy is asking for 35K. Is it worth it? What type of costs am I looking at for it to be shipped to the Philadelphia area?

Well...he's down to 30k Obo. I bet you could get him down to 27k. I would go for it. Shipping will be about 750-1000 uncovered. More if you want it covered during transport. If you can swing the cash go for it. It looks like you got a couple cars in your stable. You could drive it once a week and sell it three years later for practically the same price you'll buy it for.

Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang