Fog lights and tail light wiring - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-15-2016, 05:16 PM   #1

Region: Alaska
Fog lights and tail light wiring

Just bought a 99 cobra. It is a fantastic car but I have some problems with the lights. All the lights turn on fine. And when I turn my brights on, the fogs shut off, which they should. But when I switch back from brights to regular lights, the fog lights stay off. And they can't be tuned back on unless I turn all the lights off and back on again. Is this normal? I've tried swapping and replacing relays and fuses and everything.

Second question. The previous owner got rid of the amber tail lights. But he kept the amber tail light harness. So obviously there's a bulb socket not being used and I only have one blinker light. Can I get a normal mustang tail light harness and hook that up to the cobra, in order to have two blinkers bulbs and break lights like a gt or v6 would have? Thanks.
rjmarth21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2016, 11:27 AM   #2

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2016, 09:07 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Can't say for sure about the light problem , you can possibly get a regular tail lamp harness and see if it'll plug into the harness. I remember when I converted to the amber lamps the harness connector was different so I had to make my own harness to work. I'd just try to find some 99-01 cobra tail lamps.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
infamous281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2016, 09:50 AM   #4

I don't have the money to justify buying amber tail lights. And they wouldn't really match because everything else on the car is smoked and tinted.

I bought a regular tail lamp harness so hopefully I can get that to work.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2016, 10:59 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Your fog light issue could be a faulty headlight switch, or the dimmer switch in the column. The easiest switch to change while looking for an answer is the light switch in the dash.

If that doesn't work you will likely be tearing into the steering column.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang