Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Chirping noise

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jeno 
#1 ·
I purchased a 2013 GT500 approx 7 months ago with approx 14k miles on it. It has been running great - No issues there. However, over he past few months, I have heard a chirping noise coming from under the car when I have the windows down - You cannot hear it when the windows are up. I spoke to my shop about it and they didn't hear it when they took it for a test drive. My local (and highly rated Ford dealership) said they hear it but not sure what it is. They want me to bring it back for a full diagnostic, blah, blah, blah. I plan on taking it in, but wanted to see if anyone else is having or had a similar issue. The car was professionally lowered (springs) before i purchased it, so I'm thinking maybe shocks/struts? Any input would be great. Thank you!

#6 ·
I would be looking at the belt tensioner for the long belt on the front of the motor. I don't know the proper name of the part :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.