★Wow.. I just saw this Mach1 on Autotrader ★ - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > FYI Ads | Recently Listed

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-29-2013, 12:14 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Eh... if you've got the power and have the converter locked you will do fine from a roll. Newer computers with a tune can shift so fast if you don't have a mvb that flooring it equals near instant response. But agreed about going around corners. Manual is king there.
My lightning is a horrible roll racer, but then again it's as aerodynamic as a brick and weighs over 4k. I'd probably have to race a low-mid 11 second car just to win a roll race because I can't get them from a launch. My 10 second time slips don't mean squat in a roll race or on the street(but I don't street race). Then again a 4r100 is nothing like the new autos either
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2013, 09:21 AM   #37
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
A built 4R70/75W that has a spot on tune and a good aftermarket valve body will downshift instantly and depending on your stall will flash up to stall speed instantly as well. Its all in the setup. IMO the ONLY reason to have a 5 speed in a really fast car is if you are going around corners or if you just can't stomach not banging gears. You can get a manual valve body though, best of both worlds. Can get them with engine braking too if you want. At that point you are basically driving a stick shift without the third pedal and your "clutch" is the converter that will let out at the same RPM every time. Still not great for road racing but you get the total control of a stick and all the benefits of the auto.

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

[QUOTE=scottydsntknow;1841246]A built 4R70/75W that has a spot on tune and a good aftermarket valve body will downshift instantly and depending on your stall will flash up to stall speed instantly as well. Its all in the setup.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:25 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
I'd much rather have an auto Mach than a stick. Rarer and much better for drag racing. J-mod/tune and bolt ons and you are well into the 11s with basic suspension mods. That's a very nice car but priced way too high.
If that's high for a 03 Mach with 40k miles tell me where you live so u can come buy stangs there and flip them here.

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2013, 07:13 AM   #39
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002VertGT View Post
If that's high for a 03 Mach with 40k miles tell me where you live so u can come buy stangs there and flip them here.

They just don't go for very much and the Termi is the reason why. That car should be listed in the $11k-$12k range and you won't make money flipping these things unless you find someone who is an idiot to buy it. At $15k you only need to save/finance another $3-$5k for the Cobra with similar miles and all the extras you get with it.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:24 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quick question - the last Mach 1 was the New Edge body style, right? Just want to make sure before I call this guy out near me with an 06 or so with Mach 1 stickers on it.
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:28 AM   #41
Staff
Regular
Staff

Lol, there were newer Bullitts in 09 I believe but no, the last Mach was 2004.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:44 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol, there were newer Bullitts in 09 I believe but no, the last Mach was 2004.
Thanks - I had done some searches and just wanted to confirm with someone else. I just don't understand why people misbadge things. It's like when the ricers put the "Type R" badges on everything.

Then again, if there weren't holes under the 5.0 fender badges on mine, I'd just remove them. I'm all about debadging - just looks cleaner in my opinion.
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:53 AM   #43
Staff
Regular
Staff

I should probably pull the "GT 4.6L" off mine. Only good looking badge on a 94-98 car is the Cobra and I am all about not Fobraing out your car.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:52 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
My woman has a 04 comp orange Mach 1 5spd... Nice car. Mine is an 06 gt
06gttwofast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #45
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002VertGT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06gttwofast4u View Post
My woman has a 04 comp orange Mach 1 5spd... Nice car. Mine is an 06 gt
Sounds like a keeper to me.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > FYI Ads | Recently Listed