★Wow.. I just saw this Mach1 on Autotrader ★ - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > FYI Ads | Recently Listed

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
★Wow.. I just saw this Mach1 on Autotrader ★

I was looking at mustangs on Autotrader and ran across this Mach1. She is so beautiful.

Cars for Sale: 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 in Las Vegas, NV 89123: Coupe Details - 357629583 - AutoTrader.com
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
shes a beauty.. too bad its an auto

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
That car IS nice...

But "Super Chip"??!?!!?!??
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2013, 07:34 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Aww he's selling to buy a "poop-vette"

Too bad for him, someone will get a gorgeous Mach 1 because of foolishness
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:26 AM   #5
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay View Post
shes a beauty.. too bad its an auto
I'd much rather have an auto Mach than a stick. Rarer and much better for drag racing. J-mod/tune and bolt ons and you are well into the 11s with basic suspension mods. That's a very nice car but priced way too high.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:36 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post

I'd much rather have an auto Mach than a stick. Rarer and much better for drag racing. J-mod/tune and bolt ons and you are well into the 11s with basic suspension mods. That's a very nice car but priced way too high.
Not me I like the 5 speed way more then the auto it revs way higher to
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:48 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
+ 1 plus IIRC I think the oxford white with auto are the rarer of the machs cause they didn't make many of them.
2004 GT Premium Package: mach 1 grille delete, 8" shorty antenna, CDC lightbar, borla stingers, UPR o/r x, Black chrome bumper inserts, redline tuning hood struts, white face gauges, raxiom smoked tail lights.
Born on 3/31/04
06REDF1RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:14 AM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming Mach View Post
Not me I like the 5 speed way more then the auto it revs way higher to
Nothing a good tune won't fix which you should be doing for either of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06REDF1RE View Post
+ 1 plus IIRC I think the oxford white with auto are the rarer of the machs cause they didn't make many of them.
Two words, Competition Orange.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nothing a good tune won't fix which you should be doing for either of them. Two words, Competition Orange.
Oh yeah my bad forgot all about the comp orange haha! Too early to think straight
2004 GT Premium Package: mach 1 grille delete, 8" shorty antenna, CDC lightbar, borla stingers, UPR o/r x, Black chrome bumper inserts, redline tuning hood struts, white face gauges, raxiom smoked tail lights.
Born on 3/31/04
Old 10-23-2013, 10:38 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06REDF1RE View Post

Oh yeah my bad forgot all about the comp orange haha! Too early to think straight
They made 124 auto comp orange they made 139 auto screaming yellow and 179 auto Oxford white
Old 10-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They made 124 auto comp orange they made 139 auto screaming yellow and 179 auto Oxford white
Yeah I just saw that on the Mach 1 registry. The numbers really do show what most people do prefer cause there are a ton more manuals than autos made.
Born on 3/31/04
Old 10-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #12
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yep and the autos are actually very sought after for older ppl, ppl with knee issues who want a 4V and don't want to spend the $$$ for a Coyote and guys setting up drag cars. Although swapping an auto into a new edge that isn't a Cobra is so simple it isn't even funny. Its literally plug and play.

Old 10-24-2013, 01:52 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
What's wrong with an auto? Automatic is THE way to go
rinfield2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:54 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

For drag use I understand auto is the more precise and faster. But honestly 99% of the people that have autos don't built them for drag strip. I've owned 2 auto stangs and 1 manual. For DD and just a car to have fun with i feel it's more fun to have a manual.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:43 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Sue you can build the auto machs to be great drag racing cars, but sock to stock, the manual is superior and faster. At least for me. The forged crank and extra revs alone make a huge difference. The Mach I ran against at the track was over half a second behind me and launched on better rubber with a better 60' time. He had other mods, but wasn't saying much after the race. The autos are pretty cool as it's the only way to get a 4v mustang sn95 with an auto trans stock.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Stock for stock? I hate the phrase. Really in drag racing no body is stock. So mods for mods auto Mach would win no questions asked. I love my 5 speed and wouldn't trade it for a stalled auto. But If I were to build a car it'd be auto.

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post
Stock for stock? I hate the phrase. Really in drag racing no body is stock. So mods for mods auto Mach would win no questions asked. I love my 5 speed and wouldn't trade it for a stalled auto. But If I were to build a car it'd be auto.
But just talking about bolt on auto vs Manuel you would have to do a lot more to an auto to keep up with a 5 speed
Old 10-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #18
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
But just talking about bolt on auto vs Manuel you would have to do a lot more to an auto to keep up with a 5 speed
Visit a 1/4 track sometime. Find a bolt on PI automatic with a nice aftermarket stall and watch it go mid 12s. Then go find a stick shift going as fast without cams. You won't.

Old 10-24-2013, 01:36 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Visit a 1/4 track sometime. Find a bolt on PI automatic with a nice aftermarket stall and watch it go mid 12s. Then go find a stick shift going as fast without cams. You won't.
Go to YouTube look up 04 mach bolt ons he runs A 12.19 with bolt ons and. A 5 speed you just have to have the right parts and KNOW HOW TO DRIVE
Old 10-24-2013, 01:38 PM   #20
Staff
Regular
Staff

I said PI lol. And that Mach would be going faster with a good auto in the 1/4. Why can't ppl just accept the fact that for drag racing the auto is better? It seems like I've killed someone's dog every time I point out that for a straight line the auto is superior.

Old 10-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I said PI lol. And that Mach would be going faster with a good auto in the 1/4. Why can't ppl just accept the fact that for drag racing the auto is better? It seems like I've killed someone's dog every time I point out that for a straight line the auto is superior.
I get you a auto can be faster I like driving stick shifts but that just me
Old 10-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #22
Staff
Regular
Staff

Ah ok I thought this was going to be another one of those "I know a guy who can outshift any auto" threads. I've seen some of those and it just makes me chuckle. I agree that you get what you like and enjoy it.

However I do think a LOT of ppl who are stick shift for life would instantly change their minds the first time they ride in a big power stalled turbo automatic.

Turbo, auto, suspension/tires and lift em up.

Old 10-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have never seen a successful manual transmission Top Fuel dragster or Funny car.

It's a lot more fun and challenging banging gears though...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ah ok I thought this was going to be another one of those "I know a guy who can outshift any auto" threads. I've seen some of those and it just makes me chuckle. I agree that you get what you like and enjoy it.

However I do think a LOT of ppl who are stick shift for life would instantly change their minds the first time they ride in a big power stalled turbo automatic.

Turbo, auto, suspension/tires and lift em up.
I get you I used to have a camaro with the 4l60e trans was built and other work done there is a big difference IMO from a stock tranny and a built 1 but after the tranny went I sold it never to buy a camaro again lol and I have a ? How do the built auto hold up over time ?
Old 10-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #25
Staff
Regular
Staff

As long as you keep the auto cool and have it dialed in properly it'll last a long time. But with all things on bigger power cars, the chances of breaking something go up a lot. Then again, a big power auto will break a lot less stuff than a big power stick just from the converter absorbing lot of the hit from the motor on initial launch/shifts.

Old 10-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
As long as you keep the auto cool and have it dialed in properly it'll last a long time. But with all things on bigger power cars, the chances of breaking something go up a lot. Then again, a big power auto will break a lot less stuff than a big power stick just from the converter absorbing lot of the hit from the motor on initial launch/shifts.
Thanks for answering my ? I learn something new on this site about every day
Old 10-27-2013, 02:40 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It's not that simple. Maybe if you took decent weight out, gears and stall, full bolt ons, really sticky tires, and a slew of suspension upgrades you will break into 11s. And running 11.8+ isn't well into 11s either. And the difference between 11.8 and 11.2 is huge. I've seen a bunch of machs run mid-low 11s on boost or a 125-150 shot. But those cars need forged lowers after you make upwards of 450rwhp.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:28 PM   #28
Staff
Regular
Staff

If you are making 400whp with a good automatic Mach and suspension and not into the mid 11s then something is horribly horribly wrong.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:59 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you are making 400whp with a good automatic Mach and suspension and not into the mid 11s then something is horribly horribly wrong.
Machs don't make 400rwhp even with full bolt ons. And I would be willing to be a 400rwhp Mach with a stall and some grippy tires could break 11.99, but I'm telling you if you want mid 11s you will need more than that. My buddy has a 98 cobra that he put a Mach motor in from a 03 and he has taken weight out of it (as is gutted interior and a cage) and he runs 11.70s with a full bolt on motor. A guy in my car club has a white 04 Mach that's procharged @12psi making 460ish rwhp with a 3000 stall and his car ran a 11.01@125mph. But he isn't even on a stock motor anymore, and he would be nowhere close to that without that blower.

Machs aren't termis that can just have full exhaust and pulley swaps then suddenly be 11 second cars. Even cobras need good drivers to get them there also.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:00 AM   #30
Staff
Regular
Staff

I didn't say how you get there I'm saying a 400whp automatic car not running mid 11s has a bad setup or something else wrong with it. You can get above 350whp with a NA 4V that'll get 11s or throw a Termi eaton setup onto it or a turbo kit and go that route and set it to a safe tune at 425hp and don't spin too high to prevent the stock rods breaking.

Its all moot though, we can argue all day on paper. I've seen full weight cars making much less than 400whp go 11s.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Hell i seen a 5.0 drive to the track and four big guys get out of it and ran 10s. But thats a coyote

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I didn't say how you get there I'm saying a 400whp automatic car not running mid 11s has a bad setup or something else wrong with it. You can get above 350whp with a NA 4V that'll get 11s or throw a Termi eaton setup onto it or a turbo kit and go that route and set it to a safe tune at 425hp and don't spin too high to prevent the stock rods breaking.

Its all moot though, we can argue all day on paper. I've seen full weight cars making much less than 400whp go 11s.
Well all your post have been referring to a 11 second "bolt on only" Mach 1 and I just wanted to clear the air about that. The highest rwhp I've ever seen in a bolt on Mach was in the 340s, and it made TQ in the 350s. Machs are awesome cars but extremely limited on stock motors, and that's what sucks.

And for the record I've seen 400rwhp vettes in the 10s. I've seen a all motor Honda civic in the 10s, but both were extremely modified. So yeah, you are right, a 400rwhp automatic car should be able to do 11s no problem. Especially if it doesn't matter how you are doing it right?
Old 10-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #33
Staff
Regular
Staff

Nope, its all down to personal preference IMO but there WILL be a point at the 1/4 track where you need to switch and that's not a bad thing. I'm again kicking around converting TO automatic from stick for a turbo buildup. I've ridden in stalled autos before making good power and there is no comparison in the feeling when someone punches it and you are just flattened into your seat and it keeps on pulling.

They just kind of suck going around corners for a street car but if you're going to be running a drag car that's not a concern anyway.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nope, its all down to personal preference IMO but there WILL be a point at the 1/4 track where you need to switch and that's not a bad thing. I'm again kicking around converting TO automatic from stick for a turbo buildup. I've ridden in stalled autos before making good power and there is no comparison in the feeling when someone punches it and you are just flattened into your seat and it keeps on pulling.

They just kind of suck going around corners for a street car but if you're going to be running a drag car that's not a concern anyway.
Hey my lightning is auto with a 3500 stall and it launches harder than my 5.0 wishes it could. I've had numerous 1.49-1.6 60fts on slicks in that truck. My best 60 thus far in my 5.0 is a 2.1. I don't condone street racing but manual cars are much better roll racers IMO. It's easy to gear someone down. And that stall doesn't help at 40mph lol. There's also nothing like downshifting around a turn and getting a little slide going. But I don't do that! Because I'm a safe responsible adult haha
Old 10-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #35
Staff
Regular
Staff

Eh... if you've got the power and have the converter locked you will do fine from a roll. Newer computers with a tune can shift so fast if you don't have a mvb that flooring it equals near instant response. But agreed about going around corners. Manual is king there.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > FYI Ads | Recently Listed