02 Supercharged Roush Convertible FS - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > FYI Ads | Recently Listed

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-24-2014, 12:05 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Florida
02 Supercharged Roush Convertible FS

Up for sale on eBay now!

Registered eBay User Since 2001!

100% Feedback!

Bid with Confidence Here!

Up for sale is a 2002 Roush Mustang Convertible in True Blue Metallic. 2 owner, Very Rare, one of 2xx made with 79,8XX actual mileage. This is a 100% AUTHENTIC Roush Mustang. If you have ever heard someone describe a car as a "real head turner", this is the car they were talking about. The factory supercharger was removed and a bigger, much better Kenne Bell Twin Screw Supercharger was installed about 15k miles ago. It was last detuned for maximum MPG as it had to be used as a daily driver for a stretch. One quick change of the super charger pulley lays down 475HP @14psi. A custom tune puts it over the 500hp mark.The car has the Roush Side Exhaust with upgraded xpipe, mufflers, high flow cats, the works. It has a loud, low, mean rumble to it without sounding obnoxious or raspy. The car looks, sounds, and drives great. Step on the gas pedal and the high pitched "whine" of the supercharger combined with low rumble of the exhaust, creates a unique sound that turns heads from all directions. This is a rust free Florida car that has never seen a snowflake.

The car was hand signed by Jack Roush in person at Brandon Ford in Tampa, FL during one of the visits he made to Roush Certified Dealers back in 2004, for one of his promotional car shows. See the pictures of the toolbox in the trunk.

The car over has over $10,000 in upgrades. Here are the main items:

The mild Roush suspension was removed and a wild Roush Track Day Suspension Kit was installed. To be clear, the FULL suspension kit was installed, resulting in an tight, firm, ultra high performance sports suspension. The car also has BFG KDW G-Force Ultra High Performance Summer Tires on it, w/about 70% front and 60% rear tread remaining.

-Kenne Bell Twin Screw 14 PSI Supercharger

-Custom tuned

-Custom made fiberglass subwoofer enclosure installed in spare tire hub, amplifier, etc.

-Fully Upgraded Exhaust

It just has to be experienced from behind the steering wheel.

I value my feedback and do whatever I can to keep it on the up, therefore, I will describe the car exactly as is. I will list all known issues or concerns below. I have taken many high res pictures. Please look closely and ask any questions BEFORE bidding. This is a no reserve auction, high bidder wins it.

I do not have much free time, please don't waste it. If you have less than 5+ Feedback or or eBay user for less than 90 days do not bid on my auctions. Do not bid unless you plan to buy and have money ready to go or financing set up, do not look for financing after bidding. The car is available to see in person. Please contact me to make arrangements. It is also for sale locally and I reserve the right to cancel this auction at any time.

I will work with you to get the car inspected at YOUR expense. I will also help with shipping. I have the title in hand but will not release the car or title without payment in full, NO EXCEPTIONS. If sending payment certified funds I will not release the car until funds have actually been received and cash is in my hand NO EXCEPTIONS.

$500 deposit is due via PAYPAL within 24 hours of auction close.

This is not the first car I have sold on eBay. I value my perfect feedback record. To keep it perfect, I will list all known issues with the car. The car is not in perfect, show, or even excellent condition cosmetically. Overall, it is in great but not excellent condition. Here are all of the known issues:

-The paint is original to the car, except for a few spots that we resprayed due to a 1 car accident. Part of the neighborhood was under new construction and landscaping crews left palm tree clippings out in the street, under a street light that had not yet been connected. The car is so low to the ground that it actually caused some damage to the front fender and suspension components. Part of the front fender and body kit were repainted. The shop did a great job but the paint they used was not the same quality as the factory as it is peeling, cracking in a few spots and could stand to be retouched, as seen in the pictures on the passenger side fender. The paint on the hood scoop is cracking and also could use attention. There are misc. scratches and chips here and there but no major dents that take away from the beauty of the car. The car shows expected signs of use for a car with highway mileage and age.

-The convertible top was replaced and the shop that did the work caused a slight and slow leak to one of the hydraulic lines.The top goes down just fine, but doesn't have the pressure to go back up. The top can be manually raised until it can be looked at. Tie rod ends are due for replacement along with an alignment. The clock spring needs replacement, you can hear an intermittent "click" when turning the steering wheel from time to time. The a/c works and blows ice cold but does have a very slow leak, I refill it with R134A once every several months. No need to go tearing the car apart to chase a minor leak when the occasional $10 can of refrigerant solves the problem for a long time. The exhaust needs tightening down as I can hear an intermittent, slight rattle from vibration at certain rpm. It has been tightened down before, solving the issue. Although it is not very noticeable, I do hear it and therefore should list it here.

-The leather interior of the car shows some signs of wear, no major defects, tears, etc. The floor mats have taken most of the wear, showing a few stains here and there. It could stand to be steam cleaned/shampoo'd by an experienced professional detailer (unlike the losers that I hired to, but didn't do it). All of the power options, locks, mirrors, radio, speakers work as they should.

-The car was purchased as a CPO with 13,000 miles on it from a local Ford Dealership, back in 2003. The car was bought back by Ford from the original owner due to a Lemon Law Qualifying Defect with the suspension, according to the dealer. This was before the days of Carfax or Autocheck, before the reporting systems were in widespread use. Keep in mind that the title does not show it the history report will show the manufacturer buyback.

Overall, the car could use a little TLC here and there. I listed all of the items that were negative about the car to ensure there are no surprises from this end, however, don't let the last few paragraphs put you off. This is an excellent example of a higher-end Mustang. It is an absolute blast to drive and beautiful to look at. The car was loved for many years. More recently, it was and still can be driven every day. It has lived in the garage for the last couple of years or so, occasionally being driven on Fridays, weekends, and a few road trips.

Never planned on selling her, but priorities have changed money could badly be used to support other projects. I have listed the car at a no reserve auction and priced it at the book value of a standard premium packaged Mustang GT, which is MUCH LESS than the $20,000+ that I see these cars sell for on occasion. I understand there are some issues with the car, therefore it is priced so low it can't be passed up. I just put the car up for sale locally (as well as on eBay) this week, I will not accept any auction ending low ball offers, don't even try.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Good Luck!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1390543489.210064.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	145566Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1390543500.725372.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	145567
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > FYI Ads | Recently Listed