The Official Car Cleaning Thread - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-04-2011, 11:41 AM   #36

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via Skype™ to Stangbooms
Re: The Official Car Cleaning Thread

tha #1 treatment for cleaning i have found and my paint is 16 years old, and black haha clay bar the whole car and the you a product called Croftgate USA you can google that and their website will come up...use the aquanil X then use Quick n slick i have used it on mine and i havent had to clean my car again at all for the past few months it is still in show car condition and it is winter time if you dont belive me just go check out their website...i use that stuff to detail cars for my business and everyone calls me back saying how they can't belive their car is still clean...go check it out
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #37

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangbooms
tha #1 treatment for cleaning i have found and my paint is 16 years old, and black haha clay bar the whole car and the you a product called Croftgate USA you can google that and their website will come up...use the aquanil X then use Quick n slick i have used it on mine and i havent had to clean my car again at all for the past few months it is still in show car condition and it is winter time if you dont belive me just go check out their website...i use that stuff to detail cars for my business and everyone calls me back saying how they can't belive their car is still clean...go check it out
I agree my buddy is a distributor and we take our cars to the car shows around we live and sell the product. It works wonders
98bluestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:52 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick View Post
So I spent the last two days getting my car cleaned, washed, waxed, claybared, etc etc etc...

all together took about 8 solid hours of cleaning to get it to showroom clean.

I only use maguires Gold, except today I also used maguires claybar which i highly recommend, it got out every little spot on my car (even spots that i would have never seen if it wasn't for that)

So with this thread....

-how many hours do you spend cleaning your car?
-what products do you use?
-anything that you would recommend/recommend against?

that way this thread can be used as a reference for what is good for what, and what to avoid (as soon as i get a detailed list of stuff that i used i'll post it on here)
i spend many hours every week,sometimes on the exterior,or im working on the interior.this all depends on the weather.i have been using ice paste it's by turtle.this paste leaves no residue on the black parts of your car,i really like it.on the inside i will use a leather treatment,most of them are good i have been using the armorall one. and amorall reg. on all other parts that are nonleather.also i keep my car covered that helps alot maintain finish and stays cleaner longer,plus the fact i have alot of trees around my house.
06mustangmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2011, 05:35 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Completely understand that one, I feel like I make it rain by washing my car!
cherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:38 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

What drives me absolutely bonkers is that I will detail the car inside and out, and for some reason literally like the next time I get in the car, I see all this dust on the dash. What is that all about? There is no eating, smoking, drinking, anything in or near the car, so where is all this stuff coming from? I use Armorall for the plastic stuff, and Maguires for the leather. Of course the interior is black so everything is gonna show, but why oh why does all this dust settle right after I clean it? It never even gets that dirty?
cherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:11 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb View Post
What drives me absolutely bonkers is that I will detail the car inside and out, and for some reason literally like the next time I get in the car, I see all this dust on the dash. What is that all about? There is no eating, smoking, drinking, anything in or near the car, so where is all this stuff coming from? I use Armorall for the plastic stuff, and Maguires for the leather. Of course the interior is black so everything is gonna show, but why oh why does all this dust settle right after I clean it? It never even gets that dirty?
my problem is road dust you may want to invest in a car cover.it will help alot and most of the covers can be washed also
06mustangmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:29 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb
Completely understand that one, I feel like I make it rain by washing my car!
Lol
Same here!

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

January 2012 StangAlley ROTM
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing