To Those Who Have Tints - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-06-2011, 11:37 PM   #71
Road Trip!

Region: North Carolina
Re: To Those Who Have Tints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra View Post
Front tint meaning front side? Or windshield? ( sounds like a weird question, I know)
Meaning driver/passenger windows
2008Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2011, 11:53 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I have 35 front windows and 5 on the rear quarters and rear window and backing in at night kinda sucks but overall it looks great! Don't really have any other complaints other than backing in (also have tinted tail lights) Cops don't really seem to notice the 35 up front though!
Snstr99svt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:39 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Sko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snstr99svt View Post
I have 35 front windows and 5 on the rear quarters and rear window and backing in at night kinda sucks but overall it looks great! Don't really have any other complaints other than backing in (also have tinted tail lights) Cops don't really seem to notice the 35 up front though!
Can you post some pics?
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Sko

Can you post some pics?
The 35 doesn't look that dark in the day but is noticeable ....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3419732502.png
Views:	64
Size:	688.3 KB
ID:	25791   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-884020078.png
Views:	65
Size:	908.1 KB
ID:	25792  

Old 04-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snstr99svt View Post
The 35 doesn't look that dark in the day but is noticeable ....
Yeah, see, I like the 35% it's just at certain angles it looks almost unnoticeable. There is no question that 20% looks better, but 35% still has a nice look. Making this decision is pretty beat.. lol, I got 6 more days to make up my mind.

Thanks for the picks Snstr. I appreciate it!
Old 04-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah, see, I like the 35% it's just at certain angles it looks almost unnoticeable. There is no question that 20% looks better, but 35% still has a nice look. Making this decision is pretty beat.. lol, I got 6 more days to make up my mind.

Thanks for the picks Snstr. I appreciate it!
No problem! Hope it helped a little.....the most important thing is to go to a reputable shop that will warranty their work and product. Trust me it's worth spending the extra $ to get it done by a pro!
Old 04-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Well I'm spending $250 but they have every warranty there is & it's literally 2 blocks from my house. I could have saved $100 and drove 45 minutes out, however, I was thinking in the long run as if something did go wrong I'd have to keep driving out there. Being that it's local is very easy for me & I'd always prefer to support a local business than a out of town business. I've seen the work these guys do, they did my friends 2003 Cobra and my friends Camaro SS and they both came out great.

I've opted to have the vinyl across the top of the rear window covering the dot matrix & the tint going the rest of the way down. I'm planning on getting the same tint all around, I've seen a few cars with 2 different colors, lighter in the front, but I like the same look all around more.

Basically my appointment is for Wednesday, so I have until than to pick out a % I just never thought it'd take me this long, lol
Old 04-07-2011, 11:30 AM   #78
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
I've got 5% all around with just the valence up front. I love it. Like it even more at night. Learn how to back up blind or with the windows down at night. And it looks fantastic.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra
I've got 5% all around with just the valence up front. I love it. Like it even more at night. Learn how to back up blind or with the windows down at night. And it looks fantastic.
Yea I used to have 5 all the way around but cops loved to pull me over for it! So I had to change over to something lighter up front
Old 04-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

You do'nt want to go too dark because you will get too many hassles from the police, and it is no fun getting pulled over every time you turn around.
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:55 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereKEV View Post
You do'nt want to go too dark because you will get too many hassles from the police, and it is no fun getting pulled over every time you turn around.
Exactly why I'm hesitating on 20%.. but it's not like I do anything illegal or have **** in my car I shouldn't.. so I'm debating on how well my PBA will work and my polite manners to an officer. IDK, there is no doubt the 20's will look better, but like you said, I'm not trying to get hassled.

& if anyone is in Jersey and ever been to Sea Side you know how those cops are down there.. so I'm worried about that too.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:10 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

do what feels good.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:36 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Go 5% or 15%. Go big or go home
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

Exactly why I'm hesitating on 20%.. but it's not like I do anything illegal or have **** in my car I shouldn't.. so I'm debating on how well my PBA will work and my polite manners to an officer. IDK, there is no doubt the 20's will look better, but like you said, I'm not trying to get hassled.

& if anyone is in Jersey and ever been to Sea Side you know how those cops are down there.. so I'm worried about that too.
if you ever get pulled over and they ask you to roll up your window, PLAY DUMB. when they check the tint, pretend like nothing's wrong, maybe even ask him what he's doing. if it registers and he tells you it's illegal, you say "i'm sorry officer, i was unaware that the windows were tinted. it was like this when i/my parents bought the car." if he's not buying it, then pull the tint off of your passenger windows right then and there (because if it's warrantied, they'll replace your tint for free - but kind, friendly Officer Pig won't know that). that way, he'll either say "thank you have a nice day", or he'll write you a nonmoving traffic violation for a very small price, in florida it's a $20 ticket. big deal. whereas if you leave it on, they'll give you a "fixit" ticket, which means you have to remove the tint, go to the courthouse, have someone verify its removal, then they write you the fine. which is just inconvenient. if you don't go to the courthouse and have the fixit revoked, they'll put it on your record so that next time you get pulled over, it says you didn't pay your fixit, and then they'll charge you like 100 dollars extra. at least that's how it is in florida. they have no way of checking rear windows if they don't roll down, so you don't have to worry about anything except your passenger windows, and the price of the ticket doesn't increase with the darkness of the tint, it increases with the number of windows they check and come back illegal (which for a mustang is 2). so don't be worried about cops, because all you have to do to avoid being pulled over is roll your windows down when you pass them so they don't notice you have dark windows.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:56 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

I might just get 20's on the rear and quarters and get 35% up front.. my friend just got his done at 35% and was pulled over once.. told the cop he bought the car in PA and hasn't had a chance to peel the tints off. I think I'd cry if I had to slice my tints right there infront of him =\

I just want 20's because it looks MEAN as ****.. but cops are dicks too. Maybe I'll just man up and get 20's and if I get hassled, do as you said and just have them fixed due to warranty.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:48 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

These videos helped me a lot on my decision. I'll surprise you with the final choice Wednesday when they get done.

Day

Night
Old 04-10-2011, 07:29 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Okay, now with 3 days left to decide. I have picked the percent that I want. I'm just debating now on the fact if I should vinyl the top of the rear window or not. My friend showed me where they did his matrix. The bubbling isn't as bad as I thought. the dots are black and the tint is just clear in that area. If you put your finger on the inside and press it sticks for a few days.

What I was thinking of doing is having him tint the whole window then just lay the vinyl out if it bubbles too bad. What have you guys done to your cars and can you get close up pictures of the top of the rear window if it's not a hassle?
Old 04-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03GT88 View Post
It also depends on where you drive. In cities at night you'll be fine. Where I live the roads are pitch black at night, I roll my windows down to double check sometimes. I also roll the windows down when backing up. Its hard to see through 5 percent back glass at night unless your in thecity.
thats what i have and your right it can be difficult at night but they look so goodlol
06mustangmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

I agree the real dark tinted windows look awesome , they should make tint that gets dark during the day and lighter at night like those transition lenes they have on clases they could call it trans tint .
Old 04-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by wereKEV
I agree the real dark tinted windows look awesome , they should make tint that gets dark during the day and lighter at night like those transition lenes they have on clases they could call it trans tint .
+1

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing