Smoked The Tail Lights - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-31-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 145
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Sko
Smoked The Tail Lights

Not with a spray nor a tint. I ordered the Raxiom Smoked Mustang Tail Lights. The install was pretty damn simple, they look nice.. only complaint I have is that the bulbs are not as simple to fit in as they are on the stock. But when all is said and done, they look nice. Enjoy the pics..





__________________
Www.Facebook.Com/RyanSko
Ryan Sko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-31-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Looks good!! I need to order some new tails.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 145
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Sko
Re: Smoked The Tail Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
Looks good!! I need to order some new tails.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
Thanks very much, I love 'em because they're the closest ones they had that have the stock look. I'm proud.. just gotta get that M&U back on my bumper once all this crappy weather stops!
__________________
Www.Facebook.Com/RyanSko
Ryan Sko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-31-2011, 06:13 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
I had spray tinted ones but had to order stock ones again because I kept getting pulled over! They were translucent, too!
I didn't even notice the MU. I want to take my inserts out completely I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 145
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Sko
Re: Smoked The Tail Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
I had spray tinted ones but had to order stock ones again because I kept getting pulled over! They were translucent, too!
I didn't even notice the MU. I want to take my inserts out completely I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
Yeah, I shouldn't have a problem with the cops with these they look pretty good.. the lights are still bright.. reverse lights aren't smoked. Good deal.

What color car/inserts?
__________________
Www.Facebook.Com/RyanSko
Ryan Sko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:46 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Sko

Yeah, I shouldn't have a problem with the cops with these they look pretty good.. the lights are still bright.. reverse lights aren't smoked. Good deal.

What color car/inserts?
I sprayed them pretty dark. Haha.

They were silver and I liked them but thy had scratches so I put on black. Idk what to go with. I might hold off for a GT bumper?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:31 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 145
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Sko
Re: Smoked The Tail Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
I sprayed them pretty dark. Haha.

They were silver and I liked them but thy had scratches so I put on black. Idk what to go with. I might hold off for a GT bumper?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
Well when you get it, I'd go with black.. lol or maybe even none.
__________________
Www.Facebook.Com/RyanSko
Ryan Sko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:35 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Camo1967Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,130
Looks awesome!!!!!!
I love smoked taillights
looks so much better than stock
__________________

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

January 2012 StangAlley ROTM
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:36 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo1967Mustang
Looks awesome!!!!!!
I love smoked taillights
looks so much better than stock
I think so, too.
I miss mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:37 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Looks like I need to place an AM order after Hawaii.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:38 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 145
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Sko
Re: Smoked The Tail Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo1967Mustang View Post
Looks awesome!!!!!!
I love smoked taillights
looks so much better than stock
I agree, which is why I got them! Hah, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
I think so, too.
I miss mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
The ones I got are pretty nice. Bright enough at night and easy to install, like I said the only problem was the lights were a little tough to fit.. like the actual bulbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
Looks like I need to place an AM order after Hawaii.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
$125.99 for these ones.
__________________
Www.Facebook.Com/RyanSko
Ryan Sko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:39 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Camo1967Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla

I think so, too.
I miss mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
I love mine
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110331_193854.png
Views:	335
Size:	996.6 KB
ID:	25475  
__________________

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

January 2012 StangAlley ROTM
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:43 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Nice, v!!! I miss them! I want to order the tails and headlights at the same time. I thought about vinyl overlays for the tails but idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:45 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Camo1967Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla
Nice, v!!! I miss them! I want to order the tails and headlights at the same time. I thought about vinyl overlays for the tails but idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
Thanks

I just had mine painted when I got my baby repainted
__________________

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

January 2012 StangAlley ROTM
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:46 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 145
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Sko
Re: Smoked The Tail Lights

Tryin' to steal my thread V?! Those look great, are they the same as mine or a spray/tint? They look darker!
__________________
Www.Facebook.Com/RyanSko
Ryan Sko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:48 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
USAF_stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 890
Re: Smoked The Tail Lights

both of those look good. I was debating but I don't think they'll look good on my car with the gray accents I already have on it
__________________
USAF_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:52 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: Smoked The Tail Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
Nice, v!!! I miss them! I want to order the tails and headlights at the same time. I thought about vinyl overlays for the tails but idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
The overlays are tricky to install...I have them on mine and it took awhile and the outermost bar that curves around is a b*tch to get on without over stretching and getting a lot of creases.

The nice thing about the Raxioms is that you can swap them out and put the stockers back in if you have to...hard to do with spray and overlays.
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:01 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: Smoked The Tail Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Sko View Post
Not with a spray nor a tint. I ordered the Raxiom Smoked Mustang Tail Lights. The install was pretty damn simple, they look nice.. only complaint I have is that the bulbs are not as simple to fit in as they are on the stock. But when all is said and done, they look nice. Enjoy the pics..





They look really good man...figured those would be perfect for you. They make a 3rd brake light too I believe...there is a vinyl overlay for it that's real easy to put on...can't even tell its on unless you're 3" away from it.
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:14 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03

The overlays are tricky to install...I have them on mine and it took awhile and the outermost bar that curves around is a b*tch to get on without over stretching and getting a lot of creases.

The nice thing about the Raxioms is that you can swap them out and put the stockers back in if you have to...hard to do with spray and overlays.
I had headlight overlays on my black '01 and you're right. They were a little tricky but I liked them overall. Only once did it start to come off in the rain? I put it right back and it was fine.

Probably right about getting actual tail lights instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:16 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
USAF_stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 890
Re: Smoked The Tail Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
I had headlight overlays on my black '01 and you're right. They were a little tricky but I liked them overall. Only once did it start to come off in the rain? I put it right back and it was fine.

Probably right about getting actual tail lights instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
where did you get the words for your third break light?
__________________
USAF_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:24 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF_stang

where did you get the words for your third break light?
I had it custom made on a decal website. I picked the font and what I wanted it to say. I have had it for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:27 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
MC770's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,761
Re: Smoked The Tail Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo1967Mustang View Post
I love mine
That looks gorgeous. I love the black on black look
__________________
~2003 Zinc Yellow Terminator Cobra~
~482 RWHP / 487 LBS Torque~
MC770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:28 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
USAF_stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 890
Re: Smoked The Tail Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
I had it custom made on a decal website. I picked the font and what I wanted it to say. I have had it for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
you have the website? I may wanna do something like that. Just put the decals in the light yourself?
__________________
USAF_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:34 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Camo1967Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Sko
Tryin' to steal my thread V?! Those look great, are they the same as mine or a spray/tint? They look darker!
No sorry
but I love my taillighs so much its hard not to show a pic of her
I think they sprayed 'em, they do look darker then urs
__________________

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

January 2012 StangAlley ROTM
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:36 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Camo1967Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC770

That looks gorgeous. I love the black on black look
Thanks!
I love it too
__________________

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

January 2012 StangAlley ROTM
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:03 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 145
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Sko
Re: Smoked The Tail Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
They look really good man...figured those would be perfect for you. They make a 3rd brake light too I believe...there is a vinyl overlay for it that's real easy to put on...can't even tell its on unless you're 3" away from it.
Thanks my man. I'm not really worried about the third brake light.. its a tad bit brighter but if you look without the breaks applied they are a pretty close match.

Next on my mind -- Smoked Fog Lights.

& V it's all good I was only busting your chops. I like yours darker simply because the car is black it looks nicer. I think if I went too dark on my car it wouldn't have looked right so I tried to keep it light but not too light, if that makes sense.
__________________
Www.Facebook.Com/RyanSko
Ryan Sko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:07 AM   #27
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF_stang

you have the website? I may wanna do something like that. Just put the decals in the light yourself?
Ezsigns.com? You make it and then overlay it over your brake light.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
smoked tail lights /headlights and the cops brentmustanggt 1996-2004 Mustang GT 17 09-05-2010 09:34 AM
smoked head/tail lights? blackonblack Mustang Audio & Video 25 01-19-2010 01:43 AM
95 Cobra Smoked all lights.. Many pics.. Blwnbyu Mustang Audio & Video 33 01-12-2007 11:40 PM
tail lights 19ClearCobra96 Mustang Audio & Video 13 01-18-2005 09:03 PM
FOR SALE: tail lights, head lights, clear corners, tail light covers, dvd, xbox games Zim Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 15 12-13-2004 01:45 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



01:44 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.