Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Pull Over Leather Seats

3K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  Ryan Sko 
#1 ·
So I have been starting to plan the interior modding of my car now that the exterior is going to be done in a few weeks.. just have tinting and wheels to do.

The first thing I wanted to do to the interior was get the leather pull over seats, like what Katzkins does. I was wondering if anyone has these seats and knows of another company that does them that I can look into.

For all the seats Katzkins wants $749.00 - is there anything cheaper out there.

Also, another question is asking for your opinion on things. I have two toned dark brown top of dash, and tan front. Dark brown door handles and the rest of the panel is tan. The seats are tan in the middle and dark brown on the sides. At first thought I wanted to keep the leather in the same pattern but now I'm thinking if I should go full dark brown leather seats?

Any opinions?

#2 ·
Katzkins is a rather good and well known company, you may can find some of the same covers from a reseller on ebay for cheaper.... if you go cheap you will get cheap though

#4 ·
I like to keep things simple, I like black (or charcoal on newerones), no tan no gray just black.

You can probably find GT mustang seats already covered in leather for a good price then you can sell your current ones and recoop some ~ the GT may have better bolstering as well~

#7 ·
my friend's GT has tan interior and he has black center seats with tan sides (katzkins) and they look nice.

#8 ·
I get that, but the color scheme I wanted to go with were either of the two..

1.) Tan center & dark brown sides.
2.) Completely dark brown or completely tan.

I guess what I'll do is just browse Ebay and get them over time front/back and be patient. I'd just hate to get the front and never find the matching rears. Spector do you know anyone who has ordered from Katzkins website and got custom pull over covers?

#9 ·
PM cutterwolf and ask him what he did (he is the one I was talking about above) not sure what he did and I dont know of anyone else that has.

You can do a rear seat delete and save some money if you never use the back seat~

#11 ·
All right here is the deal. It sounds like you have mostly a two tone interior going on. If you were to go with solid seat your going to throw the rest of your interior off. Katzkins are the way to go. Yes they are not cheep but you don't want to go cheep on something you want to last and look good too. I have a full two tone interior and I used Katzkins for my seats and they are sweet! This is mine

#12 ·
Holy ****.. that looks nice. Okay well since you suggest keeping it two toned. My interior is dark brown on top, tan in the front. The cloth seat patterns are dark brown where yours is tan and tan where yours is black. Should I keep that pattern or switch it and go tan where yours is tan and dark brown leather where yours is black?

#13 ·
Holy ****.. that looks nice. Okay well since you suggest keeping it two toned. My interior is dark brown on top, tan in the front. The cloth seat patterns are dark brown where yours is tan and tan where yours is black. Should I keep that pattern or switch it and go tan where yours is tan and dark brown leather where yours is black?
If you have more tan than dark brown then put the dark brown where my black is. If your the other way around then put the tan in the middle.

#15 ·
That's similar to mine...except mine is black where the dark brown is....and I have camel/light tan seats....they're good and go with the color scheme I will go get a picture of them here sometime and post it up so you can see what it looks like

#17 ·
I have katskins in my 04, they are super comfortable compared to stock as well as completely upgrade the look.
I agree with the other guys that they are totally worth the money.
I got mine with a carbon fiber type insert, I don't know if you can tell in the pic.

Attachments

#18 ·
Can't really tell but they too look nice. It's so hard to believe they are just really sick ass seat covers. I was hoping someone on the forums would have a tan/dark brown combo.. I really wanna see what the dark brown from Katzkins looks like.

Does anyone here who has already posted recall of a member with my color combo or have a friend who has ordered dark brown from Katzkins?

#19 ·
I don't know of anyone that had a dark brown and tan two tone. If it was my car I would just copy the stock pattern in leather, dark outside light inside. Maybe going with a suede insert like the SVT cobras had, as a matter a fact I would definately go with the insert.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.