Am I the only one..? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-23-2011, 05:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via ICQ to Pete07GT Send a message via AIM to Pete07GT Send a message via Yahoo to Pete07GT
Am I the only one..?

I've had my 07 GT for just over a week now. But today I opted to drop some coin and get the pony washed, polished up, and have the interior be given a light shine. Am I the only one that gets euphoric over seeing my ride all purdied up and polished or are there others out there like me? Is this some sort of wired fetish or something??? =)
When you're going to war, you better have three things if you expect to win: 1. Willpower (One's need to put the petal to the metal); 2. Staying Power (300+ BHP); and 3. Firepower (The wheels of your mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45).
Pete07GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2011, 05:43 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Oh no, not just you... Especially after you put in hard work to make it look awesome.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I thought I was the only one with this problem haha. I'm am so picky with my car it's ridiculous. Vacuumed and detailed every Sunday. No eating, smoking or dirty shoes aloud. And I wash it as needed. Mostly 2 times a week
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Pete07GT Send a message via AIM to Pete07GT Send a message via Yahoo to Pete07GT
Nice, thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one guys. The car wasn't shined too often by the last owner so I'm starting the rehab with a deeper clean than normal. I'd love for the carpets to get shampooed and the engine to be steamed but I didn't call ahead to set that up.
When you're going to war, you better have three things if you expect to win: 1. Willpower (One's need to put the petal to the metal); 2. Staying Power (300+ BHP); and 3. Firepower (The wheels of your mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45).
Old 04-23-2011, 07:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Here she be!!'
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2287604987.png
Views:	177
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	26324  
Old 04-23-2011, 07:09 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Am I the only one..?

You mean you let other people touch your car?

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:13 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302
You mean you let other people touch your car?
Yup, no one rides her like I do. =)
Old 04-23-2011, 07:26 PM   #8
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

I'm a freak about keeping my car clean (its black which makes it worse,lol) and sometimes when I can't leave the house because of the little one I will take her out of the garage and just give her a full detail for the hell of it. It's almost like therapy for me when I'm feeling kinda down. This is usually in the evening so after she is all clean I will turn on the DosXX neon,grab a lawn chair and a cold Miller Lite and just sit in the garage and stare. I have always been like this with my cars and don't think it will ever stop. Like I said it's therapy for me.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete07GT
Here she be!!'
Beautiful! Looks a lot like my best friends car!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
I'm a freak about keeping my car clean (its black which makes it worse,lol) and sometimes when I can't leave the house because of the little one I will take her out of the garage and just give her a full detail for the hell of it. It's almost like therapy for me when I'm feeling kinda down. This is usually in the evening so after she is all clean I will turn on the DosXX neon,grab a lawn chair and a cold Miller Lite and just sit in the garage and stare. I have always been like this with my cars and don't think it will ever stop. Like I said it's therapy for me.
Miller light and Mustangs

Old 04-23-2011, 07:40 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Here she be!!'
I attached her Mustang.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:54 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Sh*t man, I wish more people were like that. I did a full detail to my F150 today for the first time. I bought it about a month ago and we finally got a break in the weather. I couldn't believe the amount of contaminants and junk that came off when I clay barred. The previous owner obviously didn't give a damn.

I, as well, took a seat after 4+ hours, grabbed a cold coke and stared for a little while as it glistened in the sunlight...just the sense of accomplishment and bringing something back to show quality after years of neglect feels good.

You don't want to see me when I start working on the stang...4 hours is nothing lol.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:13 PM   #12

Region: California
Due to the weather lately I haven't been able to keep my car clean. This weekend finally I will be giving it a full detail which of course will take more then a day. It's hard to maintain a black car but I love it. Just like previously mentioned, the detailing definitely makes you feel better after you are down. I sure have been feeling like that lately so I can wait until the weekend.
Enslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:25 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I too feel a weird sense of accomplishment after cleaning my cars. Am I the only one who acts like a gentleman opening and closing the car door for the wife, but really so she doesn't leave fingerprints on the door?
Old 04-28-2011, 03:26 PM   #14
Road Trip!

Quote:
I've had my 07 GT for just over a week now. But today I opted to drop some coin and get the pony washed, polished up, and have the interior be given a light shine. Am I the only one that gets euphoric over seeing my ride all purdied up and polished or are there others out there like me? Is this some sort of wired fetish or something??? =)
The only question is, why did you wait a week? (:
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:48 PM   #15
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpd3014 View Post
I too feel a weird sense of accomplishment after cleaning my cars. Am I the only one who acts like a gentleman opening and closing the car door for the wife, but really so she doesn't leave fingerprints on the door?
Fist bumb......
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:36 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpd3014 View Post
Yah not to mention rings and fingernails.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:47 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpd3014
Lol, I do that too...
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:49 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Every time I drive by or stop near a store with large windows that act like a mirror I stare at my Stang. The other day I came to a Stop sign and just kept looking at my stang's image in the window of a store, that it got me out of a ticket (I usually do a stop roll through a stop sign) and a cop was hidding in between two parked cars watching for people to roll through that stop sign. Yes, I'm obsessed with my vechicle!
Old 04-29-2011, 01:40 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsbain76
Every time I drive by or stop near a store with large windows that act like a mirror I stare at my Stang. The other day I came to a Stop sign and just kept looking at my stang's image in the window of a store, that it got me out of a ticket (I usually do a stop roll through a stop sign) and a cop was hidding in between two parked cars watching for people to roll through that stop sign. Yes, I'm obsessed with my vechicle!
I do the same, always trying to see how the calipers look through the wheels. If the stance looks good. I even look at my car in the reflection of vans and tractor trailers .
Old 04-29-2011, 02:18 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

I love it when my car is clean, otherwise I have no fun driving it... thus I keep it clean and dont drive it when I dont want to.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:47 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

right there with you... my truck has been purposely neglected for a few weeks while I test some new wax blends on it. Yesterday was its first bath in some time so I couldn't resist the chance to drive to the top of the street and snap a few quick pics. (then slowly drive it off the gravel and get it home so I could dust it off )

My favorite before retouch:

Dylan@Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:21 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

The only question is, why did you wait a week? (:
Living in the PAC NW, the sun doesn't come out until late in the year SO on the very 1st sunny & warm day she got washed & waxed. Then the weather turned to rain the next day and it's been crap weather everyday since! The neighbor kids have complimented my ride 2 times now and I've gotten a thumbs up, praise from a booty HO at Walmart, and a gentleman in his 50's giving me props on the stang. I'm washing her up as soon as the weather clears up again!!!!
Old 05-01-2011, 02:23 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Right up there with you. I feel a sense of inner-peace while admiring my beautiful ride. When I let the V8 rip I swear my nipples get hard...
Old 05-01-2011, 08:33 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete07GT View Post
When I let the V8 rip I swear my nipples get hard...
Thought I was the only one!!
Old 05-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thought I was the only one!!
No sir! My ole lady shot me the look of death a few minutes ago because my only plans for the day are shining up the mustang. She wants to haul our dogs to the dog park and take her engagement wring in but I'm wanting to shine up the car... Am I wrong for wanting to baby my car? =)
Old 05-01-2011, 02:35 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Knight F Mohawk

I forgot what it was like to see my cars clean lol

-Will
Old 05-01-2011, 02:42 PM   #27
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight F Mohawk
I forgot what it was like to see my cars clean lol

-Will
+1. Got a nice protective layer of bug guts on the bumper and the dust is a good tell tale if someone touched it.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

only ppl that care about there cars lol
Old 05-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Knight F Mohawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF_stang View Post
only ppl that care about there cars lol
*Their

-Will
Old 05-01-2011, 08:46 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

I couldn't help but think Melissa Ethridge. Am I the only one? Probably.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:48 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla
I couldn't help but think Melissa Ethridge. Am I the only one? Probably.
Not like Tracy Chapman's; "Fast Cars"?
Old 05-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpd3014
You are not alone...I even hold her hand on the way to the car...

When she touches the glass from the inside I get all tense...
Pete08GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:24 AM   #33
Tib
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania

If you love your car like most of us do, your obsessed with cleaning/detailing. My wife gets jealous, I spend 6 hours cleaning, clay baring, waxing and detailing the mustang...her xterra gets the 30 minute wash and vacuum. I told her where the cleaners are if she wants to get it super clean.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:45 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete08GT View Post
You are not alone...I even hold her hand on the way to the car...

When she touches the glass from the inside I get all tense...
My girl closes the door by pushing on the glass...I cringe everytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tib View Post
If you love your car like most of us do, your obsessed with cleaning/detailing. My wife gets jealous, I spend 6 hours cleaning, clay baring, waxing and detailing the mustang...her xterra gets the 30 minute wash and vacuum. I told her where the cleaners are if she wants to get it super clean.
Xterra gets the 30 min wash and vacuum!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:47 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete07GT View Post
No sir! My ole lady shot me the look of death a few minutes ago because my only plans for the day are shining up the mustang. She wants to haul our dogs to the dog park and take her engagement wring in but I'm wanting to shine up the car... Am I wrong for wanting to baby my car? =)
No, not wrong for babying your ride...but...it is a tough choice...take the dog to the park or play with the mustang....oh yeah,...and do something with the girl, too.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing