Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Painting Plastic Parts

6K views 70 replies 16 participants last post by  mustangchassy 
#1 ·
anybody ever taken a can of spraypaint to the interior of their car? i'm thinking about taking out the plastic armrest parts and the a/c control panel and spraypainting them both red to match my car. questions, comments, concerns and pics would be greatly appreciated.

#32 ·
DDTCM said:
Plasti dip those too. Guys are plasti dipping their brembo wheels on the 2011s and they look sick! It you dont like it,you can peel it right of like latex......you can even peel it off your paint.

11 oz. Black Rubber Coating Spray - 11203-6 at The Home Depot
And that actually looks good. Especially the trunk emblem. I was going to take it off and buy the black out panel but I think I will do that instead

#33 ·
It protects because its more of a latex style texture so its not as hard as paint.There are guys spraying their chrome saleen wheels with it and they can just peel it off later if they want.

@ Dubya,I put a link a couple post back where you can check it out. Home Depot,$6 and some change per can.

#48 ·
Kpd3014 said:
First of all that stuff is super easy and works great. Good info guys. Did my rear faux gas cap and love it. For anyone with a matte blackout panel the can from home depot matches it perfect.
Oh my blackout panel will be here today or tomorrow and its matte black and I was.going to paint my chrome trunk emblem too! Great minds think alike!

#50 ·
so i'm going to home depot tomorrow, i've come to the decision that i'm going to plasti-dip my door lock pins, a/c knobs, and armrests red to match my car. maybe if i can find a way, i'm goning to paint the emergency brake release button red too (everybody wants a red button on their car, right?). i'm also considering plasti-dipping the grille in order to black out both the pony and the corral. my question is though, should i spray the whole grille to make sure the color is same throughout or should i just do the silver plastic parts?

#70 ·
yeah i know, I just don't feel like buying one cuz i don't think ill want it forever. Plastic dip is really cheap so I was just curious cuz then i could just have sprayed it on and when i got bored power washed if off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.