Halo headlamps - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-09-2011, 11:35 PM   #1

Region: Alabama
Halo headlamps

I'm looking to buy a pair but I'm not a headlight expert so I'm afraid if I get a pair that I won't know how to install them cause I'm not sure if they come with instructions but the page does say direct installation but when I looked at other sources that said direct installation with a little wiring can someone help me make the right choice?
mgs222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2011, 02:07 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via ICQ to Pete07GT Send a message via AIM to Pete07GT Send a message via Yahoo to Pete07GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs222
I'm looking to buy a pair but I'm not a headlight expert so I'm afraid if I get a pair that I won't know how to install them cause I'm not sure if they come with instructions but the page does say direct installation but when I looked at other sources that said direct installation with a little wiring can someone help me make the right choice?
The ones I've seen plug into the running lights so binding the wiring together with solder will be ideal. If you're going to spend a good amount of money on the parts, why not pay for a pro to handle it if necessary?
When you're going to war, you better have three things if you expect to win: 1. Willpower (One's need to put the petal to the metal); 2. Staying Power (300+ BHP); and 3. Firepower (The wheels of your mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45).
Pete07GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:36 AM   #3

Well I only have 180 and the ones I'm looking at are that much after shipping and I have no Idea how much a pro would charge to put it in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via MSN to hihosilver
Re: Halo headlamps

What car are you putting them in? I can speak for replacing them in a '99-'04, and it's mindlessly simple... don't even need any tools (for the light itself). Remove two clips, unplug the old lights, plug in the new lights, put the clips back in.

As for the halos, like Pete07GT said, you can hook them into the running lights pretty easily since they're right there anyway. Solder would be best, but you can just use some crimp splice connectors and wrap them up in tape really well. If you've never done any wiring, this isn't a bad project to start with.

Now, that all being said. I've tried two sets of halo lights in my '00 and both of them were terrible. They looked kind of neat, but were terrible at actually lighting up the road in front of you. And both of them would constantly fog up no matter how much I dried them out and tried to reseal them.

I now have some proper OEM style lights in mine from American Muscle, and they are sooo much better than any of the halo projectors I tried. No sign of any condensation after a couple of months of hot rainy days and chilly nights. Not to mention I can actually see now. (And they look great).

Just some thoughts..
hihosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:32 PM   #5

Well mines 96 and with the thing you said about the low light output I also looked at some hid/halo headlamp pairs but im not sure if I'd need a hid conversion kit to make the hid's work
Old 06-12-2011, 01:48 PM   #6

Check this out, they do excellent work.
http://www.lightwerkz.net/gallery/index.php/Ford
s1lentr0gue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:28 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
I actually like this one set my friend, James, put on his '98 Cobra. I wasn't a big fan before.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:56 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1lentr0gue
Check this out, they do excellent work.
http://www.lightwerkz.net/gallery/index.php/Ford
Ok those are great but I couldn't find where to buy them
Old 06-14-2011, 05:06 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via ICQ to Pete07GT Send a message via AIM to Pete07GT Send a message via Yahoo to Pete07GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs222

Ok those are great but I couldn't find where to buy them
EBay
When you're going to war, you better have three things if you expect to win: 1. Willpower (One's need to put the petal to the metal); 2. Staying Power (300+ BHP); and 3. Firepower (The wheels of your mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45).
Pete07GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #10

Not likely on eBay unless it is recent change. Let me double check, they had contact info and you would pay via paypal
Old 06-14-2011, 05:58 PM   #11

Ping them via email, info on the bottom of this page. Since all of there conversions are custom, they will need info from you and I believe your stock lights to perform conversion. You can select which projectors to use, plus you can even add halo (like BMW) or audi type led lights. They do not stock spare stock lights for cars as far as know.

http://shop.lightwerkz.net/

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing