Smoked tails - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I dnt blame them for makin it a law some ppls light are toooo dark and cant see when they hit the brakes.
Jamesgt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Re: Smoked tails

i would leave the reverse light white, but thats just my oppinion sometimes on black cars it just looks better, i wish i could do it to my car but im afraid of getting a ticket. ive heard that if you get rearended and you have tints that you can get in troube for it but im not sure if its true
znpzmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubya11 View Post
Some laws seem so useless who decided anyways that Blacked out Taillights would be illegal...i mean where did that law come from can any cop actually prove that its in the State Statue? ive never seen one.
i dont see why they make a big deal i mean if you can see it lite up in the day time a certain amount of feet it should be fine. i dont usualy look for peoples tailights to tell me to stop exspecially during the day lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Btw, if you get rearended... Even if it's completely their fault no question about it even with witnesses, they can claim they never saw your taillights.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:03 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra View Post
Btw, if you get rearended... Even if it's completely their fault no question about it even with witnesses, they can claim they never saw your taillights.
Yikes!
Dubya11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:06 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubya11

Yikes!
Yup... I was gonna niteshade my taillights before my friends dad, who is a cop, told me about that... Apparently some lady just plowed into the back of a truck at a stoplight, but got out of it saying she didn't see his taillights at night.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:09 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra View Post
Yup... I was gonna niteshade my taillights before my friends dad, who is a cop, told me about that... Apparently some lady just plowed into the back of a truck at a stoplight, but got out of it saying she didn't see his taillights at night.
wow screw that loop hole.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:42 PM   #43
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra

That's what i did. Niteshade. You could see the brake lights fine!! I was getting pulled over too much and one cop said they were stupid.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:50 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

very very untrue to the rearended issue... i had a cobalt that was rearended and I am glad someone brought this up. The person behind me straight up got out of the car apologized and everything knew it was their fault.. then when the cops came they said officer i couldnt see his tail lights.. do u see how black they are... they wanted to arrest me for being a hazard to the drivers around me and i was basically an accident waiting to happen. So after yelling back and forth claiming that it was a BS excuse i asked the officer if i could start up my car and show them that they work. Turned the key puched the brakes and presto there were the brakes. my defense i told the cop.. i drive a stick when im at a stop light i dont have to put my foot on the brake to sit still... if i am on even ground i just relax with my foot on the clutch and the car in gear... so tell me this... if i have a stick shift with or without tinted tails... my lights dont have to be on regardless open your eyes and see that I am stopped. plain and simple.

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Topless04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:56 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless04GT View Post
very very untrue to the rearended issue... i had a cobalt that was rearended and I am glad someone brought this up. The person behind me straight up got out of the car apologized and everything knew it was their fault.. then when the cops came they said officer i couldnt see his tail lights.. do u see how black they are... they wanted to arrest me for being a hazard to the drivers around me and i was basically an accident waiting to happen. So after yelling back and forth claiming that it was a BS excuse i asked the officer if i could start up my car and show them that they work. Turned the key puched the brakes and presto there were the brakes. my defense i told the cop.. i drive a stick when im at a stop light i dont have to put my foot on the brake to sit still... if i am on even ground i just relax with my foot on the clutch and the car in gear... so tell me this... if i have a stick shift with or without tinted tails... my lights dont have to be on regardless open your eyes and see that I am stopped. plain and simple.
wow, thats a really good point and i know if they cant tell a car is stopped without there being lights then they clearly shouldnt be driving i mean they cant see a 3000 pound car?
Old 07-22-2011, 06:28 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

Does not matter at all even if you have no taillights at all and a car hits you from behind "They" are 100% at fault. Traffic laws are very clear on this in every state.
CutterWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:55 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutterWolf
Does not matter at all even if you have no taillights at all and a car hits you from behind "They" are 100% at fault. Traffic laws are very clear on this in every state.
Not really it can easily be reversed. BS happens daily.
03GT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:47 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03GT88 View Post
Not really it can easily be reversed. BS happens daily.
Sorry but no. Unless your in a no fault state anyone who hits you from behind is at fault no matter what the reason. Why is this? Simple, because as a driver you had the responsibility to operate your car in a safe manner which means that if you hit someone from behind for whatever reason you were operating your car in an unsafe manner because you are responsible to maintain a safe distance so you will be able to stop without hitting the car in front of you if something unforeseen happens. Its no different than if you change lanes and hit a speeding car in the other lane you again would be at fault. Why? Because you made an "unsafe lane change" and that is what you would be cited for.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:00 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutterWolf View Post
Sorry but no. Unless your in a no fault state anyone who hits you from behind is at fault no matter what the reason. Why is this? Simple, because as a driver you had the responsibility to operate your car in a safe manner which means that if you hit someone from behind for whatever reason you were operating your car in an unsafe manner because you are responsible to maintain a safe distance so you will be able to stop without hitting the car in front of you if something unforeseen happens. Its no different than if you change lanes and hit a speeding car in the other lane you again would be at fault. Why? Because you made an "unsafe lane change" and that is what you would be cited for.
i agree....if u cant see a car weather it has lights or not..u shouldnt even be driving
vinnygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:37 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnygt

i agree....if u cant see a car weather it has lights or not..u shouldnt even be driving
Smoked lights and no lights are two different things. If a car doesn't have brake lights it would be at fault.. At least here in the state of Alaska. Should be everywhere honestly
Old 07-24-2011, 12:13 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Smoked lights and no lights are two different things. If a car doesn't have brake lights it would be at fault.. At least here in the state of Alaska. Should be everywhere honestly
So your saying that if your car has a fuse blow and you lose your bake lights (and you don't know it) It some one hits you it "their fault?" How much since does that make?? None, because you are responsible as a driver to operate "your" car in a safe manner. Hitting another car because you did not see their brake lights or they were not working means "you" were following to close and failed to operate your car in a safe manner and places you at fault.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:22 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
This is a little off topic but did you use smoked covers or did you buy they taillights already smoked? Just wondering since I was interested in putting them on my midnight blue stang. Also where did you buy them from?
TaylorF25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So your saying that if your car has a fuse blow and you lose your bake lights (and you don't know it) It some one hits you it "their fault?" How much since does that make?? None, because you are responsible as a driver to operate "your" car in a safe manner. Hitting another car because you did not see their brake lights or they were not working means "you" were following to close and failed to operate your car in a safe manner and places you at fault.
Well first of all you meant sense not since haha but, yeah that's what I'm saying especially if someone comes to an abrupt stop downtown. Here is like Disneyland we go thru 6,000 tourists a day or more... Four loaded cruse ships minimum. The tourists just roam around like they own the place and Will just try and cross the road whenever so there's lots of sudden breaking going on. I've never hit anyone so it doesn't seem to be a problem for me and during the daytime it really shouldn't be an issue..I could see that being the rear Enders fault every time. But if your driving your car at night especially somewhere like here during the winter it's only daylight for a few hours and typically icy.. And your brake lights don't work I would sure hope you would notice.. Go ahead and press your brake and look in your rearview and explain to me how you could possibly not know your brake light is out. They are there for one reason and one reason only, to let drivers behind you know your braking If it's night and none of your rear lights work and you can't see they have stopped soon enough to try and slow down and start to slide into the car... It better be their dam* fault.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:53 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

How much since does that make?? None, because you are responsible as a driver to operate "your" car in a safe manner.
Having break lights would be operating your motor vehicle in a safe manner... Not having break lights would not be operating your vehicle in a safe manner.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:58 PM   #55
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx

Quote:
Some laws seem so useless who decided anyways that Blacked out Taillights would be illegal...i mean where did that law come from can any cop actually prove that its in the State Statue? ive never seen one.
when you get warrant for your arrest for not paying the citation should be all the proof you need...

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:36 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well first of all you meant sense not since haha but, yeah that's what I'm saying especially if someone comes to an abrupt stop downtown. Here is like Disneyland we go thru 6,000 tourists a day or more... Four loaded cruse ships minimum. The tourists just roam around like they own the place and Will just try and cross the road whenever so there's lots of sudden breaking going on. I've never hit anyone so it doesn't seem to be a problem for me and during the daytime it really shouldn't be an issue..I could see that being the rear Enders fault every time. But if your driving your car at night especially somewhere like here during the winter it's only daylight for a few hours and typically icy.. And your brake lights don't work I would sure hope you would notice.. Go ahead and press your brake and look in your rearview and explain to me how you could possibly not know your brake light is out. They are there for one reason and one reason only, to let drivers behind you know your braking If it's night and none of your rear lights work and you can't see they have stopped soon enough to try and slow down and start to slide into the car... It better be their dam* fault.
Nope, again "you" were following too close if you can not stop your car from hitting them lights or not. Brake lights are a safety feature to help you know that a car is braking. It is not the only thing, you can clearly see when a car is slowing down brake lights or not day or night. And if you can't then you need to widen the gap between you and them. Just because someones brake light are not working doe not releave you of your responsibility to operate "your" car in a safe manner. If that were true everyone living in your state would just rear end the next car they came across when they wanted a new car or need to get some front end work done for free.

Quote:
Having break lights would be operating your motor vehicle in a safe manner... Not having break lights would not be operating your vehicle in a safe manner.
Again, durring the day you would have no idea your brake lights were out.

I know all these trafic laws for a reason... I was a cop for 20 years and I have heard and seen everything when it comes to things like this. Trafic laws are the way they are to protect you from scams
Old 07-24-2011, 05:07 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx

when you get warrant for your arrest for not paying the citation should be all the proof you need...
What?? I don't have smoked tail lights 1: 2 I don't have a single ticket on my record.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:12 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Nope, again "you" were following too close if you can not stop your car from hitting them lights or not. Brake lights are a safety feature to help you know that a car is braking. It is not the only thing, you can clearly see when a car is slowing down brake lights or not day or night. And if you can't then you need to widen the gap between you and them. Just because someones brake light are not working doe not releave you of your responsibility to operate "your" car in a safe manner. If that were true everyone living in your state would just rear end the next car they came across when they wanted a new car or need to get some front end work done for free.

Again, durring the day you would have no idea your brake lights were out.

I know all these trafic laws for a reason... I was a cop for 20 years and I have heard and seen everything when it comes to things like this. Trafic laws are the way they are to protect you from scams
You where a city cop where? I worked for the Alaska state troopers and not only would that be the cops choice number two I'm sure our states don't have the same rules.. So with that being said I guess who ever pulls someone over cam decide at that time who's at fault. Honestly we probably would have cited both and there insurance can deal with the rest my guess is any state would do the same... Guess it's up to the individual who pulled them over to decide and they can look and try to argue that in court. But I know you being a city cop don't know all the laws everywhere.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:34 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Safety feature haha what else would they be??? Exactly why driving without break lights is illegal.. Rear Enders are typically at fault, someone with smoked tailights should not be a fault but your whole attitude about rear driver always at fault it totally not the case at all...

No break lights should be an automatic both at fault end of discussion.

Its "your" job as a motorist to make sure the safety equipment work properly on "your" (i put the words in quotes like you so i can sound more official too) vehicle before attempting to operate it on a roadway
Old 07-24-2011, 05:43 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Side not cutter I DO respect you! I just like to argue and this is something good to argue about.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:43 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

So no hard feelings
Old 07-24-2011, 08:03 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So no hard feelings
No hard feelings at Its all good and its been fun. "Its "your" job as a motorist to make sure the safety equipment work properly on "your" car" True but, and you know this that the unforeseen happens all the time. Even if you checked your lights before hitting the road a fuse or other problem could cause them to fail which would be no fault of yours.

The one over riding factor you keep forgetting is that a motorist should never make contact with rear of another car for any reason. The only way that can happen is when you are following "to close". And that's rules of the road 101 which is in all states. If a motorist hits the rear of a car that had faulty brakes lights it would be the motorist who hit the rear of the car ahead of him/her fault and the fact that the brake lights were faulty just be a contributing factor which that driver would be cited for. But the main cause and who was at fault would the one who made contact and that driver would be cited for "following too close".

In over 30 years of driving I can tell you this, "never trust turn signals or brake lights because neither will keep you alive."

When on the hwy do you know when to change lanes because of a slower car in your lane? And how did you know that if they never hit the brakes? Or should you just run right into the back of them and clam you did not see any brake lights? Pretty silly right? This is where common sense comes into play which you also know is one of the biggest things a police officer uses to make judgements.

City and patrol both best of both worlds really
Old 07-24-2011, 08:20 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No hard feelings at Its all good and its been fun. "Its "your" job as a motorist to make sure the safety equipment work properly on "your" car" True but, and you know this that the unforeseen happens all the time. Even if you checked your lights before hitting the road a fuse or other problem could cause them to fail which would be no fault of yours.

The one over riding factor you keep forgetting is that a motorist should never make contact with rear of another car for any reason. The only way that can happen is when you are following "to close". And that's rules of the road 101 which is in all states. If a motorist hits the rear of a car that had faulty brakes lights it would be the motorist who hit the rear of the car ahead of him/her fault and the fact that the brake lights were faulty just be a contributing factor which that driver would be cited for. But the main cause and who was at fault would the one who made contact and that driver would be cited for "following too close".

In over 30 years of driving I can tell you this, "never trust turn signals or brake lights because neither will keep you alive."

When on the hwy do you know when to change lanes because of a slower car in your lane? And how did you know that if they never hit the brakes? Or should you just run right into the back of them and clam you did not see any brake lights? Pretty silly right? This is where common sense comes into play which you also know is one of the biggest things a police officer uses to make judgements.

City and patrol both best of both worlds really
Okay okay you win. But what about with a lawyer maybe weezel your way outta something like that.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:27 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Okay okay you win. But what about with a lawyer maybe weezel your way outta something like that.
They can always try but most Judges have some good common sense. And this was not a win or lose type deal here. Its just putting out good info on traffic laws and why we have them.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:51 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

They can always try but most Judges have some good common sense. And this was not a win or lose type deal here. Its just putting out good info on traffic laws and why we have them.
Yeah. I still think at night anyways that if your brake lights don't work he should be responsible for his repairs and the rear Ender should be at fault their self. Now I'm going to start break checking people tho
Old 07-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless04GT
I love my tails... i left the white undone because the revers lights are terrrrrrrible when u smoke them... but im black on everything i have 2.5% windows, and i coated the **** outta my tails... but all that matters is they are visible from 100yds in the daytime and thats all the cops here asked for.
Your tails look freaking sweet! I like the look of having the white show too!!! But I want my sequentials to show so that's why I have tinted mine. Nice job!
Old 07-26-2011, 08:57 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangchassy

Your tails look freaking sweet! I like the look of having the white show too!!! But I want my sequentials to show so that's why I have tinted mine. Nice job!
Do the sequentials show good with smoked tails?
MVP u eNVy ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:04 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP u eNVy ME

Do the sequentials show good with smoked tails?
I dunno mine aren't tinted. I meant to put that's why I haven't in my last post lol
Old 07-26-2011, 09:11 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Oh lol well I hope so cuz I just ordered sequentials and smoked/painted tail lights
MVP u eNVy ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Im sure it will look great with smoked light. Ima order them too.
Jamesgt08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing