Discovered spray detail - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-22-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Discovered spray detail

I'm one of those people who compulsively cleans their car... It gets a full wash at least once a week. And I have a job that gets me wound up, so I like to go out on whatever 20 minutes qualifies as a lunch break during the day and relax by doing some little car chore each day if I can- like one day I'll clean all the interior plastic/vinyl/dash stuff; one day I'll do the leather, shine the tires, one day I'll buff the exterior and try to really hit those hard to reach spots...etc
In the course of this routine I wandered into the auto parts store, looking for something to touch up the exterior, just to get off general road dirt, and shine up dull spots.
I impulse bought Meguirs spray detail, and after using it for a couple days I'm pretty amazed. I can do a quick buff with this stuff and the car shines like I just waxed it- with that great deep shiny paint look. It seems like it just zips everything dirty right off and looks great.
Anybody else use this stuff? It seems almost too good to be true- is it bad to use it a lot?
My car is a daily driver, it's garaged during the day, and put under a car cover at night, so it's a little extra effort to keep it shiny spic'n'span, but very satisfying.
Pype Bomb Axle-Backs, JLT CAI, SCT Tuner w/Bama tuning, BMR Strut Tower Brace, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Black Hood Pins, Black Shorty antenna, Tru-Billet Black Anodized GT engraved Fuel Door, Black Lemans Stripes, Black Rocker Stripes, Brushed Aluminum finish dash and vents, Stack Racing pedals, Charcoal Black Leather Interior, Gloss Black Bullitt Motorsport Wheels, Nitto 555 tires, staggered set up (9/10), 35% tint, Shaker 1000 Stereo with Kicker Upgrades, Ultra Violet footwell, license plate and dome lighting
RVAStang05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2011, 07:49 PM   #2
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Re: Discovered spray detail

Just make sure the dust is not to thick or it will scratch the paint. I use it on occasion but prefer to just wash the car. You should be ok if the car is covered when garaged.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:39 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I've done a lot of research on the web and by word of mouth and meguiar's always came up so I bought pretty much most if their products. It has worked great for my car Just be careful when soil/dirt is heavy. One product I highly recommend to keep on hand is the scratch x 2.0, I was amazed how it actually removes scratches without any hassle. Look on you tube, they have videos on pretty much all their products and how to properly use them.
Avelar_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2011, 09:38 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf

Oh good i'm not the only one
i clean the exterior of my car every other day and vacuum/polish the inside once a week. (Black car + AZ Dust = ...)
Now im gunna go find that stuff and try it out.
Thanks!
Old 09-23-2011, 08:49 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Just make sure the dust is not to thick or it will scratch the paint. I use it on occasion but prefer to just wash the car. You should be ok if the car is covered when garaged.
Thanks - and yeah, I don't think dust would ever have a chance to accumulate anywhere on my car with the nonstop cleaning

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avelar_5.0
I've done a lot of research on the web and by word of mouth and meguiar's always came up so I bought pretty much most if their products. It has worked great for my car Just be careful when soil/dirt is heavy. One product I highly recommend to keep on hand is the scratch x 2.0, I was amazed how it actually removes scratches without any hassle. Look on you tube, they have videos on pretty much all their products and how to properly use them.
Very cool- thank you! I will check out the YouTube stuff for sure.
Pype Bomb Axle-Backs, JLT CAI, SCT Tuner w/Bama tuning, BMR Strut Tower Brace, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Black Hood Pins, Black Shorty antenna, Tru-Billet Black Anodized GT engraved Fuel Door, Black Lemans Stripes, Black Rocker Stripes, Brushed Aluminum finish dash and vents, Stack Racing pedals, Charcoal Black Leather Interior, Gloss Black Bullitt Motorsport Wheels, Nitto 555 tires, staggered set up (9/10), 35% tint, Shaker 1000 Stereo with Kicker Upgrades, Ultra Violet footwell, license plate and dome lighting
Old 09-23-2011, 10:18 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

I have been using meguair's for years it is the only product, I use I think it works the best out of all other cleaning products.
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:19 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

+10000000
Meguiars is the only stuff I use as well, and the scratch x or scratch 2.0 is wonderful. I you open the trunk of my car you would swear I was sponsored by them.lol
Old 09-26-2011, 06:15 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I use the Meguirs spray detail after I wash my car is well, great product!
Old 09-27-2011, 08:47 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

do you have a calif. duster? if not discover one of those as well as they are AMAZING to use
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:42 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

I use a california duster on my car evry time before I take it out it makes it stay cleaner longer.
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:46 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

^ +1
Old 09-27-2011, 10:46 AM   #12
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
do you have a calif. duster? if not discover one of those as well as they are AMAZING to use
Only problem with the California duster is that you have to make sure what you are wiping off is not to thick or heavy. It will pick up heavy dust and scratch the paint.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:19 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Only problem with the California duster is that you have to make sure what you are wiping off is not to thick or heavy. It will pick up heavy dust and scratch the paint.
yea, if its that bad you need to wash it etc

also, look into dwgint.com if you like the ease spray detail brings
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Best detail spray I've tried so far was meguires quick detail
Artaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereKEV
I use a california duster on my car evry time before I take it out it makes it stay cleaner longer.
Ok I took your advice and picked up a California duster at auto zone today- I'd never heard of such a thing. All I can say is 'damn!!' glad I listened... That thing is crazy- i can't figure out exactly how it works but it does.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
Whoops Sorry Spector- meant to reply to you on my last post about the duster.... Thanks again

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing