Fender decal/stripes - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-30-2011, 04:33 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Exodus1021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 113
Fender decal/stripes

Hi, I was just looking to see if anyone has a black 2010+ mustang with with fender stripes? I was thinking of many getting some red ones to bring out the color of my calipers but the pictures I see online aren't too convincing with the lines of the fender making it look boxy. Thanks in advance!
Exodus1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-30-2011, 06:12 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackhawk 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: California
Posts: 472
Re: Fender decal/stripes

Love my fender stripes
blackhawk 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:17 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Exodus1021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk 1
Love my fender stripes
Could you post some pics?
Exodus1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-30-2011, 08:09 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Fender decal/stripes

not really a fan, perhaps flat black ones on your car~ they just stand out to much and if your car isnt flashy enough they will without a doubt stand out to much
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:10 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 324
Use electrical tape... If you don't Like them, simply take em off.
DrSalt22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:50 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Exodus1021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 113
Yeah, the more I think about it the more I realize it will conflict with the rest of the look.
Exodus1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
JetWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Arizona
Posts: 2,087
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Re: Fender decal/stripes

I wouldnt put decals on your stallion X, it has such a clean fresh look the way it is

well if you really want decals, some twin matte black hash marks might be something of interest to you
__________________
2006 JetWolf Gilbert, AZ. Come race me, I dare you. ASU!
JetWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:50 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Exodus1021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf
I wouldnt put decals on your stallion X, it has such a clean fresh look the way it is

well if you really want decals, some twin matte black hash marks might be something of interest to you
Yeah, I was just sitting at the fire station bored out of my mind and for some reason it popped into my head. But I'm leaving that alone.
Exodus1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:54 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
JetWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Arizona
Posts: 2,087
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Re: Fender decal/stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus1021 View Post
Yeah, I was just sitting at the fire station bored out of my mind and for some reason it popped into my head. But I'm leaving that alone.
You're a Firefighter? That's cool.

Yeah I want to put red on mine but i'm scared, and I really love my murdered look.
__________________
2006 JetWolf Gilbert, AZ. Come race me, I dare you. ASU!
JetWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:00 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Exodus1021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf

You're a Firefighter? That's cool.

Yeah I want to put red on mine but i'm scared, and I really love my murdered look.
Yeah, lets pinky promise not to do it!
Exodus1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:05 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
JetWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Arizona
Posts: 2,087
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Re: Fender decal/stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus1021 View Post
Yeah, lets pinky promise not to do it!
Deal!
As for matching your calipers, I think i'll paint mine black, so were out of luck there. Maybe you could do your interior red?
__________________
2006 JetWolf Gilbert, AZ. Come race me, I dare you. ASU!
JetWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:12 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Exodus1021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf

Deal!
As for matching your calipers, I think i'll paint mine black, so were out of luck there. Maybe you could do your interior red?
I had an 06 Gt with the red interior but it grew old quick. It looked kinda girly but when I traded it in on a Trailblazer SS I fell in love with dark interiors. Easier to maintain.
Exodus1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:19 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
JetWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Arizona
Posts: 2,087
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Re: Fender decal/stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus1021 View Post
I had an 06 Gt with the red interior but it grew old quick. It looked kinda girly but when I traded it in on a Trailblazer SS I fell in love with dark interiors. Easier to maintain.
I had a feeling if I did red it would look a little sports car/girlyish as well.

I went all over AZ just looking for a car with black interior! I refused to buy parchment or dove grey (I had parchment on my old '04 and I didn't like it at all). When I found my current black on black stallion I fell in absolute love. Im only putting in racing seats with hints of red and red belts, thats it.
__________________
2006 JetWolf Gilbert, AZ. Come race me, I dare you. ASU!
JetWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Exodus1021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf

I had a feeling if I did red it would look a little sports car/girlyish as well.

I went all over AZ just looking for a car with black interior! I refused to buy parchment or dove grey (I had parchment on my old '04 and I didn't like it at all). When I found my current black on black stallion I fell in absolute love. Im only putting in racing seats with hints of red and red belts, thats it.
Great minds think alike!
Exodus1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:48 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
JetWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Arizona
Posts: 2,087
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Re: Fender decal/stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus1021 View Post
Great minds think alike!
Amen!

Heres a Q, thinking about clear coating Jet Wolf on my headlights so when it hits the sun, or I turn on my lights you can see each word.

Eh, yes, no? Hesitant.
__________________
2006 JetWolf Gilbert, AZ. Come race me, I dare you. ASU!
JetWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:50 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Exodus1021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf

Amen!

Heres a Q, thinking about clear coating Jet Wolf on my headlights so when it hits the sun, or I turn on my lights you can see each word.

Eh, yes, no? Hesitant.
That would be unique. I like it, but as long as you don't mess up visibility .
Exodus1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:55 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
JetWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Arizona
Posts: 2,087
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Re: Fender decal/stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus1021 View Post
That would be unique. I like it, but as long as you don't mess up visibility .
I thought so too, I guess i'll pull up a stencil and double check, just wanted a second opinion! It wont, I don't think it will affect at all really.

Thanks again.
__________________
2006 JetWolf Gilbert, AZ. Come race me, I dare you. ASU!
JetWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:57 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Exodus1021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf

I thought so too, I guess i'll pull up a stencil and double check, just wanted a second opinion! It wont, I don't think it will affect at all really.

Thanks again.
De nada!
Exodus1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vacuum lines coming from passenger fender well.? Otlaw80 1979-1995 Mustang GT 3 08-15-2011 08:01 AM
SN95 fender needed! mustangbill00 Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 6 08-15-2011 04:09 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



02:41 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.