Help...suggestions for interior detailing! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-01-2011, 12:55 PM   #1

Region: Alabama
Help...suggestions for interior detailing!

I have a 2006 with the light grey "leather" (it's more like a vinyl mix) interior and I haven't found anything that will clean the seats or the plastics on the door panels. Any ideas? I've tried everything shy of bleach! The slightest bit of dirt simply won't come off. It's frustrating.
Stang_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2011, 02:22 PM   #2
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Re: Help...suggestions for interior detailing!

Try soap and water in a spray bottle on the door panels and something like a scotch brite or a little softer to get the grime out.If that doesnt work use some degreaser but make sure to water it down a bit or it will stain.Also,dont apply a ton of pressure with the scotch brite. For the seats I would try a local parts store for some kind of leather cleaner/conditioner kit. If this is your first time doing something like this you can get on Youtube and search for leather interior cleaning or general interior cleaning how to videos.

DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:18 PM   #3

Region: Alabama
I'll try that. I had leather in another vehicle, but it was a different texture than what's in the Mustang and I didn't have this problem. The texture is also different on the door panels in my 96 GT and I don't have this problem with it either.
Stang_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2011, 05:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

STEAM!!!!! Take it to one of those big full service car washes and make sure they use a steam cleaner. My dads truck has leather on the door panels and he's always getting grease or rust or all kinds of grungy things all over the door and center console. I left that truck with them for like 3-4 hours it cost me 80 bucks and when I got back in it looked almost brand new. And that's a 99 model truck so over ten years of grime. For the money you would spend to buy a steamer you might as well save yourself the elbow grease and let them do it for you.
Ruthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #5
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthless
STEAM!!!!! Take it to one of those big full service car washes and make sure they use a steam cleaner. My dads truck has leather on the door panels and he's always getting grease or rust or all kinds of grungy things all over the door and center console. I left that truck with them for like 3-4 hours it cost me 80 bucks and when I got back in it looked almost brand new. And that's a 99 model truck so over ten years of grime. For the money you would spend to buy a steamer you might as well save yourself the elbow grease and let them do it for you.
Agreed:
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing