Halloween party creates mess for Mustang! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-30-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Halloween party creates mess for Mustang!

I decided last night was the perfect night to take the Mustang to a Halloween party, one of my guests had glitter on and now it is all over the Leather and the seat belt any ideas, or strategies to take it off?
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2011, 07:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Re: Halloween party creates mess for Mustang!

Never allow anyone with glitter in your car again ;P. But I dont know anyways to get rid of glitter.
Romeofalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:46 PM   #3
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeofalls View Post
Never allow anyone with glitter in your car again ;P. But I dont know anyways to get rid of glitter.
Yeah no kidding I wasn't thinking at all.
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2011, 08:02 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
At least it wasn dried spit snuff, my friend missed his spit bottle (don't ask me how he did that) but doesnt say anything for 2 hours, it left a spot BUT THINK GOD FOR BLACK INTERIOR.
shsfresh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:06 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf

i have golden glitter heels and a black interior, no fun. What i do is take it to the self wash which has awesomely strong vacuums and suck that damn glitter-herpes out of my mats, hope it helps!

That why this year i bought a tiny little racer-girl outfit, i hate glitter!
Old 10-30-2011, 08:20 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Glitter sucks!!! I hate glitter!!!! Haha.

That's all I got. Sorry Andy

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:43 PM   #7
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf View Post
i have golden glitter heels and a black interior, no fun. What i do is take it to the self wash which has awesomely strong vacuums and suck that damn glitter-herpes out of my mats, hope it helps!

That why this year i bought a tiny little racer-girl outfit, i hate glitter!
Haha Glitter herpes too funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
Glitter sucks!!! I hate glitter!!!! Haha.

That's all I got. Sorry Andy
That's okay, I do to! But at least Georgia won. I think that's why I didn't care. I was still in shock, I still am. ( Not meant to rub it in, just I'm still amazed that they won.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shsfresh87 View Post
At least it wasn dried spit snuff, my friend missed his spit bottle (don't ask me how he did that) but doesnt say anything for 2 hours, it left a spot BUT THINK GOD FOR BLACK INTERIOR.
Wow, if that were the case, I'd be really pissed.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:55 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

If you have leather.... A leather conditioner and some time.... if you have cloth, a vacuum and alot more time.
M3to5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #9
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to5.0
If you have leather.... A leather conditioner and some time.... if you have cloth, a vacuum and alot more time.
Thanks man.
Update: so today I commenced operation glitter removal. I was doing it with my bare hands mistake,unless you like it on your hands. I don't so I got gloves my gloves had it on them. I've been using paper towel and Hi-temp all purpose cleaner- following their recomend dilution for leather. I am going to use a public vacuum so I don't get mine messed up.

Jdub- I see why you call it herpes. That stuff spreads like it .
Old 11-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford
I was doing it with my bare hands mistake,unless you like it on your hands.

Jdub- I see why you call it herpes. That stuff spreads like it .
That one part contracted in my perverted mind and made me laugh way too hard.
ahem. Anyway. On with life.

Yes, that's why I avoid it at all cost, and in my experience men don't find it attractive, unless they like twilight, or just love unremovable pixie puke covering their bodies. Anyway.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:56 PM   #11
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf

That one part contracted in my perverted mind and made me laugh way too hard.
ahem. Anyway. On with life.

Yes, that's why I avoid it at all cost, and in my experience men don't find it attractive, unless they like twilight, or just love unremovable pixie puke covering their bodies. Anyway.
Yeah I personally think the stuff should be banned. Its not attractive, well at Halloween it is after a few drinks.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:14 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah I personally think the stuff should be banned. Its not attractive, well at Halloween it is after a few drinks.
Agreed.
Shoot. Everything is attractive after a few drinks X)
Old 11-07-2011, 09:26 PM   #13
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

The only time I will allow glitter around me is when I take a trip to the butt naked.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah. Glitter really only works on strippers. But then your sig other knows where you've been..
No bueno.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:35 PM   #15
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

Quote:
Yeah. Glitter really only works on strippers. But then your sig other knows where you've been..
No bueno.
Nah,theres a trick to that. Peel of the label of a Miller Lite,rub it in a little ball in between your fingers and it gets glitter all over your fingertips. Now you just gotta come up with a excuse as to why you smell like a vanilla bomb exploded in your face......oh,and lets not forget the infamous "Snail trail"
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:43 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Nah,theres a trick to that. Peel of the label of a Miller Lite,rub it in a little ball in between your fingers and it gets glitter all over your fingertips. Now you just gotta come up with a excuse as to why you smell like a vanilla bomb exploded in your face......oh,and lets not forget the infamous "Snail trail"
i always recommended duct tape, but thats a good idea too.
alcohol and jackets take care of the perfume.
as for snail trails, i get them everywhere (long story thats too inappropriate) especially in my car, if you just take a damp towel and rub for a while you wont be able to see it, trust me i have to do it daily. As for the sweet, sticky smell you could use cologne but i use citrus cleaner that helps remove the staining (one bad thing about having black interior).
Old 11-07-2011, 10:16 PM   #17
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
a good ol fashioned lint roller should do the trick
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I've lost three of those. I swear my cars swallow them whole or something.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:21 PM   #19
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Maybe your junk is in the trunk. J/k
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:32 PM   #20
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
The only time I will allow glitter around me is when I take a trip to the butt naked.
Quote:
Quote:
i always recommended duct tape, but thats a good idea too.
alcohol and jackets take care of the perfume.
as for snail trails, i get them everywhere (long story thats too inappropriate) especially in my car, if you just take a damp towel and rub for a while you wont be able to see it, trust me i have to do it daily. As for the sweet, sticky smell you could use cologne but i use citrus cleaner that helps remove the staining (one bad thing about having black interior).
Woah!! A lttitle TMI there Jdub.

I fortunately don't have to worry about that scenario one of the joys of being single. Strip clubs eat through your money so fast though but they are fun. (I won't lie.)
Old 11-07-2011, 10:34 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Woah!! A lttitle TMI there Jdub.

I fortunately don't have to worry about that scenario one of the joys of being single. Strip clubs eat through your money so fast though but they are fun. (I won't lie.)
dude ME has been TMI the entire night, have you even seen the other posts?!?
ahahaha true true, shoot as a girl you don't have to pay anything. you just have to dial a number!
Old 11-07-2011, 10:41 PM   #22
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
dude ME has been TMI the entire night, have you even seen the other posts?!?
ahahaha true true, shoot as a girl you don't have to pay anything. you just have to dial a number!
Yes I have were off topic central tonight. I can't believe it is 11:40 I'm just laughing so hard. I can't go to bed now. True that for girls. At most clubs it is always lady night.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:43 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Yes I have were off topic central tonight. I can't believe it is 11:40 I'm just laughing so hard. I can't go to bed now.
Just fulfilling my duty as a thread destroyer. But seriously, titties!
Poor GregT lol
I have a huge paper due on thursday and i cannot discipline myself to write it, pressure panic wednesday night? looks like it.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:02 PM   #24
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Just fulfilling my duty as a thread destroyer. But seriously, titties!
Poor GregT lol
I have a huge paper due on thursday and i cannot discipline myself to write it, pressure panic wednesday night? looks like it.
Yeah, I honestly don't know how he does it. Hey if weren't for people like him- things would be very different. I still couldn't do it. Trolling along the bottom of the ocean.

Been there done that last minute paper writing thing. Actually, I hated writing through High-School, and I actually learned how to become a better writer in college. Now, I love to research, write and present. It's kind of funny, the one thing I dreaded in High School- I actually found really easy in College.

I'm the pro at procrastination- ADHD- can be to blame for that. Why do you think I just started cleaning glitter off my seat today. I have been busy, but other than that no excuse really.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:17 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah, I honestly don't know how he does it. Hey if weren't for people like him- things would be very different. I still couldn't do it. Trolling along the bottom of the ocean.

Been there done that last minute paper writing thing. Actually, I hated writing through High-School, and I actually learned how to become a better writer in college. Now, I love to research, write and present. It's kind of funny, the one thing I dreaded in High School- I actually found really easy in College.

I'm the pro at procrastination- ADHD- can be to blame for that. Why do you think I just started cleaning glitter off my seat today. I have been busy, but other than that no excuse really.
I like writing, I just can't sit down and focus on writing it. Even though its on Mustangs. Lol!
I just want the school year to be over with dammit. Yeah I was wondering what took you so long.. Halloween feels like forever ago, ha!
Old 11-08-2011, 11:44 AM   #26
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM

I love how Dan finds multiple uses for Miller Lite.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:54 PM   #27
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
I like writing, I just can't sit down and focus on writing it. Even though its on Mustangs. Lol!
I just want the school year to be over with dammit. Yeah I was wondering what took you so long.. Halloween feels like forever ago, ha!
Yeah I can't wait for School to end. I'm getting excited my last semester is quickly approaching. Just have to get through stink'en college algebra- so I can then take Statistics which isn't related. (it's irritating). Anyway, I hate doing it during the week, just a guilt thing I guess. The 30th I had an event- Mondays I have class in the evening plus Halloween was cold then it rained last Thursday, was going to do it Friday, nah I procrastinated all day, actually I hooked up a printer-that's a work in progress. Got called into work Saturday, then Sunday, I bought a print server to fix the problem- that took all day to mess with and I accidentally left the Mustang outside over night Sunday, then Monday, I woke up and said oh crap and there were 3 bird droppings on it.

Today- I vacuumed the seats- It's coming along quite nicely. I was surprised it came right up off the seat belt, carpet and headliner. It's not coming off the leather quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
I love how Dan finds multiple uses for Miller Lite.
I know he should write a book. Just wish it would work for removing stiken glitter.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:06 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah I can't wait for School to end. I'm getting excited my last semester is quickly approaching. Just have to get through stink'en college algebra- so I can then take Statistics which isn't related. (it's irritating). Anyway, I hate doing it during the week, just a guilt thing I guess. The 30th I had an event- Mondays I have class in the evening plus Halloween was cold then it rained last Thursday, was going to do it Friday, nah I procrastinated all day, actually I hooked up a printer-that's a work in progress. Got called into work Saturday, then Sunday, I bought a print server to fix the problem- that took all day to mess with and I accidentally left the Mustang outside over night Sunday, then Monday, I woke up and said oh crap and there were 3 bird droppings on it.

Today- I vacuumed the seats- It's coming along quite nicely. I was surprised it came right up off the seat belt, carpet and headliner. It's not coming off the leather quickly.

I know he should write a book. Just wish it would work for removing stiken glitter.
Same 198 days till graduation for me!! Yes I know how you feel, I was assigned this paper in August and I am now typing up the pages two days before its due, I have all the research done I'm just too lazy to type it out. Damn internet consumes all of my attention!

Just want school to be over with
Old 11-08-2011, 10:18 PM   #29
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Same 198 days till graduation for me!! Yes I know how you feel, I was assigned this paper in August and I am now typing up the pages two days before its due, I have all the research done I'm just too lazy to type it out. Damn internet consumes all of my attention!

Just want school to be over with
You need the speech to text software. Oh man that takes me back: When I was in middle school we had to take typing classes, I was like get me the dang speech to text. I hated it when I was in school, but now, what an awesome job to teach typing. All the teacher did was sit on her you know what while you typed. You had to type these stupid papers up. Dang.. I got it all wrong, I need to change my major.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:29 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You need the speech to text software. Oh man that takes me back: When I was in middle school we had to take typing classes, I was like get me the dang speech to text. I hated it when I was in school, but now, what an awesome job to teach typing. All the teacher did was sit on her you know what while you typed. You had to type these stupid papers up. Dang.. I got it all wrong, I need to change my major.
Hahaha! Yeah my mum used to have one of those things and she could never use it it would warp her voice soo bad it left us on the floor laughing! Plus the thesaurus is my god when it comes to paper writing, it has never failed me.
I had typing class my freshman year and web had to type the absolute stupidest things, but our teacher was fun so it made everything better.
Heck teach be a teacher and have to do nothing! Lol
Old 11-08-2011, 10:54 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

I got a D in typing! Haha!

Old 11-11-2011, 08:31 AM   #32
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla

I got a D in typing! Haha!
a D in typing. LOL I got a C I think. But look at us now dang it, who woulda guessed.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:37 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

I think glitter is like cockroaches you can never get rid of all of it.
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #34
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

a D in typing. LOL I got a C I think. But look at us now dang it, who woulda guessed.
Teacher didn't like me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereKEV
Hahha! Great analogy! Glitter is ideed the cockroach of cosmetics!

Old 11-13-2011, 08:11 PM   #35
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereKEV View Post
true! except cockroaches are useful.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing