gettin her tinted. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-20-2011, 02:28 PM   #1
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
gettin her tinted.

I couldn't help it, I've been wanting tinted windows ever before I bought this car and our local Groupon was offering it for $60. I jumped on it. I'm thinkin of going 35% all around.
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I went with the legal limit here in fort worth 35 on the doors and 5 on the back windows and I love it...but if you don't want that dark on the rear 35 is still enough for the light I suppose
gqsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: gettin her tinted.

i have 2% on all windows n loooove it

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Topless04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2011, 10:18 PM   #4
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqsmash
I went with the legal limit here in fort worth 35 on the doors and 5 on the back windows and I love it...but if you don't want that dark on the rear 35 is still enough for the light I suppose
I'm afraid of going too light, but I don't want real dark either. I want it dark enough for privacy. I can get a medical exmption if I have to.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless04GT
i have 2% on all windows n loooove it
How can you see out? that is crazy..
Old 11-21-2011, 10:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I got 15% all around on my car!.. It's dark enough that I can pick my nose in complete privacy if I wanted to!.. Hahahaha. And yet light enough to see out of!.. Lol.
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:22 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

not gonna lie it took a little getting used to. But i tell you what.. cruising around at night... makes it feel like im looking out of a boat porthole window! lol. It is really nice though for late night long distances because with how low to the ground i am even when someone is on my ***.. their lights dont bug me, and it makes it really easy to focus on the road ahead.

a comedian once said and this is something if i had the balls to do i would love to try. he said,

one night when a cop pulls me over, because of my dark windows... just once, i want to unbuckle my seat belt, jump over to the passenger seat, buckle back up, and lean over to roll down the window. When the cop comes up and puts his flashlight in the window, just look at him and say... AWWW man... you just missed him.. he was here a second ago officer.. I will let him know you stopped by. lol

Old 11-22-2011, 01:34 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
not gonna lie it took a little getting used to. But i tell you what.. cruising around at night... makes it feel like im looking out of a boat porthole window! lol. It is really nice though for late night long distances because with how low to the ground i am even when someone is on my ***.. their lights dont bug me, and it makes it really easy to focus on the road ahead.

a comedian once said and this is something if i had the balls to do i would love to try. he said,

one night when a cop pulls me over, because of my dark windows... just once, i want to unbuckle my seat belt, jump over to the passenger seat, buckle back up, and lean over to roll down the window. When the cop comes up and puts his flashlight in the window, just look at him and say... AWWW man... you just missed him.. he was here a second ago officer.. I will let him know you stopped by. lol
That is some funny S***!!!!.... Hahahahahahaha
Old 11-22-2011, 12:11 PM   #8
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

Oh man that is great. Yeah you'd have to have some balls to pull that one off.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner
I got 15% all around on my car!.. It's dark enough that I can pick my nose in complete privacy if I wanted to!.. Hahahaha. And yet light enough to see out of!.. Lol.
Nice! That's what I'm talkin about right there. Complete privacy.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:02 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Motherf*cking LOVE groupon

You find the best deals on there, I mean $60 or so bucks for free washes for 90 days?!? I used that sucker so much I ran the wash dry!
Everyone knew me by name too... ha!

But otherwise, tint will look mighty good on that steed
Old 11-22-2011, 06:26 PM   #10
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf View Post
Motherf*cking LOVE groupon

You find the best deals on there, I mean $60 or so bucks for free washes for 90 days?!? I used that sucker so much I ran the wash dry!
Everyone knew me by name too... ha!

But otherwise, tint will look mighty good on that steed
I do to! Thats awesome.. I never seen one that good here yet. THis tint job would cost me like 180-190 bucks money I don't have.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:35 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

I do to! Thats awesome.. I never seen one that good here yet. THis tint job would cost me like 180-190 bucks money I don't have.
Yeah they have great deals, always on there. plus I always shop around like a nerd before I buy something
Old 11-22-2011, 06:51 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

love my tint
blackhawk 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #13
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf

Yeah they have great deals, always on there. plus I always shop around like a nerd before I buy something
Me to I scour Google and Amazon for reviews about the product! The last time I bought clothes mind you this mass retailer had 40% off. I went home and thought about it then went back.

A bargin is only a bargin if you need it and you can afford it. So says Clark Howard.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:29 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Me to I scour Google and Amazon for reviews about the product! The last time I bought clothes mind you this mass retailer had 40% off. I went home and thought about it then went back.

A bargin is only a bargin if you need it and you can afford it. So says Clark Howard.
Exactly I got my CAI about $60-70 less and louvers $50 less than listed price, I scour everywhere before I buy then sleep on it, the way I planned my car when I first got it isn't the same as I plan for it now, made it a lot sleeker.

And for performance parts or stuff I'm not sure on I always ask on here first, don't want to take class away from Jet
Old 11-22-2011, 09:12 PM   #15
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Yeah. I shop American Muscle usually they have the best price and quality. Just wish there were more like you out there.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:16 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah. I shop American Muscle usually they have the best price and quality. Just wish there were more like you out there.
Sweet merciful Jesus AM has the downright best customer service I have ever received (yes I'm talking about you Chris) and learning they price match is a miracle for my always empty wallet ha!
More like me? Now what does that mean? Lol
Old 11-22-2011, 09:21 PM   #17
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

Sweet merciful Jesus AM has the downright best customer service I have ever received (yes I'm talking about you Chris) and learning they price match is a miracle for my always empty wallet ha!
More like me? Now what does that mean? Lol
There needs to be more girls out there like you! Good with money, into cars, and yet lady like when needed.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:26 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

There needs to be more girls out there like you! Good with money, into cars, and yet lady like when needed.
Amen. Amen.
I have no lady friends because they don't understand anything I talk about. It sucks, but I'm more comfortable around guys anyway, especially ones that can spit as much info as I can!
Yeah good with money is a blessing for me, except the reason I save money is so that I can buy more parts with said saved money, So all of it goes into my beast! I literally do not buy anything else, I don't need clothes or vid games, that might come when I have a bunch of extra cash, but car is always 100% first.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:43 PM   #19
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

Amen. Amen.
I have no lady friends because they don't understand anything I talk about. It sucks, but I'm more comfortable around guys anyway, especially ones that can spit as much info as I can!
Yeah good with money is a blessing for me, except the reason I save money is so that I can buy more parts with said saved money, So all of it goes into my beast! I literally do not buy anything else, I don't need clothes or vid games, that might come when I have a bunch of extra cash, but car is always 100% first.
Yeah I'd go without clothes but that's a little gross if people started going nude. I certinaly do not buy anymore than I need. I spent too much on the stang. I had no clue about what needed to be done other than tinted windows and exhaust.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:45 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
but car is always 100% first.
my kinda gal lol

dream woman... sit there and have an argument, and i'd be "like jesus H christ... im goin out to the garage..."

her "yeah... well... me too... ****!" lol

i always warn the girls i have a relationship with... dont ask me which comes first, you or the car... because hunny, notice i still have my car

Old 11-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

my kinda gal lol

dream woman... sit there and have an argument, and i'd be "like jesus H christ... im goin out to the garage..."

i always warn the girls i have a relationship with... dont ask me which comes first, you or the car... because hunny, notice i still have my car
Hahaha. My wife says if I ever sell my Stang that she goes with it!!... Guess I'm gonna keep both!.. Hahahaha
Old 11-22-2011, 10:15 PM   #22
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

Hahaha. My wife says if I ever sell my Stang that she goes with it!!... Guess I'm gonna keep both!.. Hahahaha
Lucky man. That sounds like a winning propostion to me.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:44 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lucky man. That sounds like a winning propostion to me.
So far so good!.. She is even more protective of my car than I am!.. And I'm very protective over it!!... Lol.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:43 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah I'd go without clothes but that's a little gross if people started going nude. I certinaly do not buy anymore than I need. I spent too much on the stang. I had no clue about what needed to be done other than tinted windows and exhaust.
LMFAO
Well not some people? Ahahaha just kidding. Yeah I don't waste money at all because I need it for the stallion. Ha! I caught the mod bug instantly and had to spice things up.

Quote:

my kinda gal lol

That's 100% how I am, I've dumped what other girls have called "dream boyfriends" because they didn't understand the concept of "my car comes first, then you" ill leave in a heartbeat if they don't understand because I don't want to waste precious time I could be spending on/with well, my car. That's why i don't date boys that are not into cars especially Mustangs, they can dream on, but I know it'll be a waste of my time in the end because it will never never work out, they just won't get it.
So much to say but I don't want to type a novel here
Old 11-23-2011, 02:04 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
LMFAO
Well not some people? Ahahaha just kidding. Yeah I don't waste money at all because I need it for the stallion. Ha! I caught the mod bug instantly and had to spice things up.

That's 100% how I am, I've dumped what other girls have called "dream boyfriends" because they didn't understand the concept of "my car comes first, then you" ill leave in a heartbeat if they don't understand because I don't want to waste precious time I could be spending on/with well, my car. That's why i don't date boys that are not into cars especially Mustangs, they can dream on, but I know it'll be a waste of my time in the end because it will never never work out, they just won't get it.
So much to say but I don't want to type a novel here
So when are you gonna move on up to ohio... lol no seriously. to find a girl who is into mustangs/cars and motorcycles as much as I am... idk what i would do. I would be at a loss for words and it would be the best thing ever. Hey hunny... wanna see a movie... or go get some wrench time... enough said lol

Old 11-23-2011, 02:09 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So when are you gonna move on up to ohio... lol no seriously. to find a girl who is into mustangs/cars and motorcycles as much as I am... idk what i would do. I would be at a loss for words and it would be the best thing ever. Hey hunny... wanna see a movie... or go get some wrench time... enough said lol
HAHAHAHA
I'd love to, but unfortunately I'm only 17.. and I don't know how that would work out for you.. ha!
Old 11-23-2011, 02:32 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

lol well at least we can still talk mustangs! After all... you do have the younger version of my car n all... the whole blacked out look looks good fyi

Old 11-23-2011, 03:28 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Hahahaha its totally fine, don't worry about it
Hmmm I haven't seen your car yet I will have to check it out!
Old 11-25-2011, 10:09 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Lol!

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Quote:
+ 1
tthompson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:49 PM   #30
Staff
Blogger
Staff

This Friday, it will be completely different. I can't wait to be honest! I am going to wash it tomorrow afternoon. They say a high near 50 with a light wind. As soon as I get it done, I'll update my garage. I've changed a few things on it.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:36 PM   #31
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Well once again the guy couldn't do it. 38 degrees is too cold to tint the windows. Sorry, I don't give third chances! So I contacted somone else here and now the guy is going to show me how to do it as long as if/when I need film I buy it through him since he makes his own line. I'm like you got yourself a deal.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing