Fake A$$ cars ?!?!? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I got a 6er and I have these stickers on my car...am I a poser??? Lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120130_165536.png
Views:	211
Size:	447.1 KB
ID:	39665  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I have pride in my 6. Thats why I bought the 4.0 badge so nobody thinks im a phony pony
Old 01-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau
I have pride in my 6. Thats why I bought the 4.0 badge so nobody thinks im a phony pony
I have those as well, except they're black 4.0 High Performance, love them
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf

I have those as well, except they're black 4.0 High Performance, love them
Amen!
Old 01-30-2012, 04:48 PM   #40
Road Trip!

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdurham19
Not at all that decal dosent say roush or look like a cobra so y would u think that made u a posser?
Old 01-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #41
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdurham19
I have Glock decal, and a Glock.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Well I certainly have a unique situation. My father works in auto industry and went out and got 5.0 emblems with me the day I got the fox. Didn't really have a choice in the matter. It looks cool though so I'm not complaining . I'm not gonna tell the old man no, especially when he is the reason I got the car in the first place. Haha he doesn't care what others think, he has cobra emblems on his explorer.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Re: Fake A$$ cars ?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
I have Glock decal, and a Glock.
FLMAO! EPIC!
Eibach pro kit,Tokico shocks/struts,BBK CAI,75mm TB/ Plenum,4.10 FRPP gears,BBK o/r X pipe,Magnaflow Catback,SCT Tuner running 91 Tune,Bama Tunes for Life Member,RAM HD Clutch,BM shifter with MGW "GT" knob,AM smoked Headlights/Sylvania zXe bulbs,VHT smoked tails/3rd brake,Redtop Optima,Mach 1 grille delete,Mach 1 chin spoiler,BULLITT Pedals,20% tint all round,4.6 High Performance Badges
Old 01-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78survivor
Well I certainly have a unique situation. My father works in auto industry and went out and got 5.0 emblems with me the day I got the fox. Didn't really have a choice in the matter. It looks cool though so I'm not complaining . I'm not gonna tell the old man no, especially when he is the reason I got the car in the first place. Haha he doesn't care what others think, he has cobra emblems on his explorer.
Lol. Cobra on explorer?!?!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Well when he's compromised all his fancy cars back in the day when me and my brother was born. Had a bad to the bone black trans-am with a gold chicken and a 86 fox gt. so he does what he can. Finnaly has a 68 caddy deville to work with so maybe he will pay some attention to that.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:46 AM   #46

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk
I can see puting gt badges or v6 badges on a cobra or a shelby even swapin front bumpers and spoilers to make it look less on the line then it is for the ultamit "sleeper" effect but to go the other way like cobra badges on a v6... Who do u think ur foolin? 1 race and ur the town tool every one gets a turn to flame how they "walked" a cobra its imbarissing to the whole line of cars but if dudes got say an ls1 and thinks he just rolled up on a 6er (cause of badges) and gets walked on well u get it if u dont theres no help for ya.

Other then badges and any part that "badges" the car (ie cobra in the rear cobra bumper) fly at er what ever u like the look of. put it on i like custome anything so long as its flow or mojo is there but like i said if the part its self says something ur cars not ether fill it or dont do it cause ur only defacing the rep of all that line of car (its called taste) not to mencion everybody with a real cobra or shelby has to put up with the d-bags that thought they smoked one (when it was not).
So true !!!!

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t
What's funny is people concerned with things and cars that don't belong to them.. Really, who gives a damn what 'sticker' or 'badge' is on a car, do you drive said car? Do you have to answer the questions about said car? No, me either sooooo who gives a damn, really.

It'd be like talking down about ppl who use $$ instead of ss in the word ***, who cares just sayn
Lol oh really? After all these feed back on this thread and you talking mess about how I put $$ instead of SS ..... It's called creativity my friend so loose the unwanted comments because who cares what you think.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:53 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNK3BTE04

So true !!!!

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Lol oh really? After all these feed back on this thread and you talking mess about how I put $$ instead of SS ..... It's called creativity my friend so loose the unwanted comments because who cares what you think.
He was just making a point lol. And we care because he works for this forum.... hahaha
Old 01-31-2012, 09:58 AM   #48

Quote:

He was just making a point lol. And we care because he works for this forum.... hahaha
I get that but the comment was not necessary regardless if he "works" for this forum or not. Prob should lead by example and not comment In the manner toward folks who are on the forum.... That's bad business where I come from.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:02 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Well to be fair... you did start a thread bashing on what some people like to do.. its an opinion and should not be questioned openly on the forum... but at the same time I get your reasoning for making the thread. So you can't get butt hurt over someones reply to your roasting thread.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:14 AM   #50

Quote:
Well to be fair... you did start a thread bashing on what some people like to do.. its an opinion and should not be questioned openly on the forum... but at the same time I get your reasoning for making the thread. So you can't get butt hurt over someones reply to your roasting thread.
Yeah aight bro. Moving forward .....
Old 01-31-2012, 10:19 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Good idea lol. I mean no disrespect
Old 01-31-2012, 10:22 AM   #52

Quote:
Good idea lol. I mean no disrespect
None taken.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:33 AM   #53
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Regardless where I 'work' I too am entitled to post my opinion. FYI we all volunteer our time and effort here.

I agree about mis-badging cars. I really don't care what ppl do with their cars cause, it's theirs. I choose to focus my energy on other things..
Old 01-31-2012, 10:47 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t
Regardless where I 'work' I too am entitled to post my opinion. FYI we all volunteer our time and effort here.

I agree about mis-badging cars. I really don't care what ppl do with their cars cause, it's theirs. I choose to focus my energy on other things..
I was simply creating a thread to get responses back .... We all have opinions this I know. I personally don't care how people dress their car up either but again it was a thread created to get feedback... That's it.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:51 AM   #55
Road Trip!

I really dont think it was ment personally towards you fact is he stated a mater of his taste im honestlly im with him on it creative or not (no disrespect intended) i think it looks stupid and even worse when ppl get them "blinged" (dimond studded or at least phony dimonds) its kinda rice man but ur ride so if u like it thats all that really matters right (i mean honestly not everyone likes my 4x12in side pipes dosnt bug me one bit even if they say it cause i do and it looks creative and b/a in my eyes. Thats all that matters!)
Old 01-31-2012, 11:17 AM   #56
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

I have a rare disease called MBSOK or the scientific term Missbadgestickeroverkillitious. My symptoms include but are not limited to blurred vision, disorientation, fatigue, loss of appetite, headache, irritability, temporary Parkinson's, involuntary bowel movement, hair loss, heartburn, seizures, road rage, falsifying tax information, infidelity and night terrors...
Old 01-31-2012, 11:26 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
^…^^…^^^…^^^^…^^^^^…………… welcome to the buthurt part of threads that get 40+ posts long.

Rebadged cars are cute, like japanese girls...
Old 01-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #58
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
I have a rare disease called MBSOK or the scientific term Missbadgestickeroverkillitious. My symptoms include but are not limited to blurred vision, disorientation, fatigue, loss of appetite, headache, irritability, temporary Parkinson's, involuntary bowel movement, hair loss, heartburn, seizures, road rage, falsifying tax information, infidelity and night terrors...
Bwahahahahaha! Awsome!
Old 01-31-2012, 11:35 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Fake A$$ cars ?!?!?

What a firestorm! It's pretty simple, you can put anything you want on your car no matter what kind of car it is. If you think it looks cool, then great. BUT if you're putting Shelby or Cobra stickers or badging on a V6 or GT, you'll eventually be embarassed when you have to admit that it's not really what the badging is.

Is it worth looking cool some of the time and having yourself embarassed every now and then? I love the Shelby badging and logo, but I'm not putting it on GT/CS, but that's just me.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:49 AM   #60
Road Trip!

I think the miss badging thing is 50/50 but hears y 50% is ppl puting shelby or cobra stuff on lesser v6ers or gts (it would be kinda ok if the gt was built like WOW!!! But even then) bad the other side of the coin is the top 50% where u have a really ba shelby or cobra built to the nines but ur wanting to make a serious sleeper so u got gt or 6er badging on and some seriouslly quit mufflers im cool with that so thats but its all about personal taste so any thoughts yall?
Old 01-31-2012, 12:14 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Personally I think the misbadgeing looks F***ing stupid!!... There is a guy in town that has a Mustang GT Mach1 Cobra!!... Lol
Old 01-31-2012, 12:22 PM   #62
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner
Personally I think the misbadgeing looks F***ing stupid!!... There is a guy in town that has a Mustang GT Mach1 Cobra!!... Lol
Epic! where can i get on of those?
Old 01-31-2012, 12:47 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk

Epic! where can i get on of those?
Simple!.. All you have to do is put the appropriate badges o. Your car!.. And presto changeo!... Lol
Old 01-31-2012, 03:03 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Simple!.. All you have to do is put the appropriate badges o. Your car!.. And presto changeo!... Lol
Get better mpg to I hear
Old 01-31-2012, 03:16 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78survivor

Get better mpg to I hear
It's the Mustang version of the ricer mentality!... The more Mustang emblems you have the faster your Stang is!!.... Hahahahahaha
Old 01-31-2012, 03:21 PM   #66
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

So misbadging is wack. But what about using aero and parts from other models? For example: I own a GT but I want a Saleen grill, C/S rear defuser and a Boss intake. Besides the intake, the grill and defuser give no power gains and are purely cosmetic just like the badges. Is that the same as being misbadged?
Old 01-31-2012, 03:41 PM   #67

Quote:
Lmao... Ive seen a few of those in VA
Old 01-31-2012, 07:57 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
The only time I don't mind seeing a v6 or gt car with the wrong badges is if its had an engine swap. If its a v6 shell with an 01 cobra swap, I'm fine with the badges, a v6 with a gt engine fine. A gt with a cobra swap fine, a debadged anything is also fine in my books. I don't like down-badging a car tho. Takes away from the car somehow. I would never put GT badges on my mach 1.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:46 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Hmmm how do you guys feel about clones?

Like a Mach or boss on an 05-09, there weren't ever any in production, and people know that, but do you consider it misbadging or fake?

Always wondered that, just saw an 05-09 white Boss replica at Frys...
Old 01-31-2012, 09:37 PM   #70
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf
Hmmm how do you guys feel about clones?

Like a Mach or boss on an 05-09, there weren't ever any in production, and people know that, but do you consider it misbadging or fake?

Always wondered that, just saw an 05-09 white Boss replica at Frys...
I do concider them fakes... But if done perfectlly (and i mean show quality ment cherry perfect to a t) then i think there kinda neet (never worth as much or as awe stricking as an origanel in similar condition though)
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing