Car care products - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Rmag is unknown around these parts
Car care products

With spring on its way (especially in the east) I want to make my black 5.0 shine. I know black is hard to keep clean and I want to avoid swirl marks. I was told turtle wax with carnauba finish was good. What do you guys use?

Old 02-23-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

SpectorV is just getting started.
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Car care products

you wont be able to avoid the swirls on a black car unless you dont ever touch the paint or wash it lol. The key here is to remove them as you get them before they get bad and require more and more abrasive stuff to handle it

i use DWG International™ - Manufacturer of Dri Wash 'n Guard® for mypaint/trim

2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

GE3G is unknown around these parts
Honestly dude use mequires quick detailer after a good car wash....use a microfiber cloth and the quick detailer (squirt bottle) spray and buff it nicely....mine always shines when im done and it doesnt take as long as waxing and polishing with creams
Old 02-23-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

dmax8709 is unknown around these parts
I use ice wash & wax, spray detail, and tire care. Its been the best product I've ever used on my car. It'll keep it clean for a while too. But i usually wash mine everytime i drive it lol
Old 02-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

mknlegs is unknown around these parts
Use zaino polish. Takes all day the first time you put it on. After that it's a breeze. Follow their instructions and you will not have swirl marks. It will make your black car look like black chrome. Do a Google search for it check out the testimonials.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I looked into that it's expensive though. Are there any stores I can check it out at? Or only online
Old 02-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

AgentOrange is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
you wont be able to avoid the swirls on a black car unless you dont ever touch the paint or wash it lol. The key here is to remove them as you get them before they get bad and require more and more abrasive stuff to handle it

i use DWG International
I have a ton of DWG from back in the day lol! I wash then apply it though, I just don't trust it.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #8

SayNo2Pugs is unknown around these parts
I like jax wax products.... I have a black 06 gt and I am currently reaching how to get the swirls out ... From what I have read the rotary polish is the way to go but is easy to cause more damage than good if your not experienced and I'm not experienced ... As far as polishes I like the jax wax Hawaiian shine and it's relatively easy and looks great

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Did you use the zaino z-5 with the zfx additive ? Looks relatively simple...
Old 02-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks everyone. Both zaino and jax seem like good products. I will hopefully decide which one to buy soon and test it out.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:02 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmag
Yeah I looked into that it's expensive though. Are there any stores I can check it out at? Or only online
Online only. It's not that expensive. It last a long time.

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayNo2Pugs
I like jax wax products.... I have a black 06 gt and I am currently reaching how to get the swirls out ... From what I have read the rotary polish is the way to go but is easy to cause more damage than good if your not experienced and I'm not experienced ... As far as polishes I like the jax wax Hawaiian shine and it's relatively easy and looks great

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Did you use the zaino z-5 with the zfx additive ? Looks relatively simple...
yes. I bought the show car kit it comes with a couple different polishes for the different paints. It is by far the best I have ever used.I'll post up a picture of my marauder when I get home. It had several coats on it.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mknlegs

Online only. It's not that expensive. It last a long time.

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

yes. I bought the show car kit it comes with a couple different polishes for the different paints. It is by far the best I have ever used.I'll post up a picture of my marauder when I get home. It had several coats on it.
On the jax or zaino ? How often do u need to apply it? Im looking to try something new that doesn't need to applied often. Something that'll last a long time. So what's the best wax for the best outcome and lasts the longest?
Old 02-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax8709

On the jax or zaino ? How often do u need to apply it? Im looking to try something new that doesn't need to applied often. Something that'll last a long time. So what's the best wax for the best outcome and lasts the longest?
If I remember right with zaino you only need to apply more after 6 months on a daily driver. Not 100% on that though. I'll check. You won't need to strip and reapply just add another coat or two.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #13

SayNo2Pugs is unknown around these parts
I ordered the zaino show car care buddle... came with multiple detailers and clay bar for around 90 bucks.... Hopefully the weather breaks soon here in Columbus and I'll find out how good it works and or hard it is to apply
Old 02-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If I remember right with zaino you only need to apply more after 6 months on a daily driver. Not 100% on that though. I'll check. You won't need to strip and reapply just add another coat or two.
Is there a specific type of zaino or is it all the same? Its not a daily driver. I just drive it when i go to town. Do u use zaino? How easily is it to apply the first time?

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Top half of my car is black
Old 02-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Is there a specific type of zaino or is it all the same? Its not a daily driver. I just drive it when i go to town. Do u use zaino? How easily is it to apply the first time?

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Top half of my car is black
I've used it for a couple of years. It takes a while the first time after that not long at all. It is time well spent. They have several different ones. Just look them up online it explains everything there. Zainobros.com

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Look up some of my older posts there is a couple of pictures of my marauder in one of them. You will see how good the stuff is.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I've used it for a couple of years. It takes a while the first time after that not long at all. It is time well spent. They have several different ones. Just look them up online it explains everything there. Zainobros.com

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Look up some of my older posts there is a couple of pictures of my marauder in one of them. You will see how good the stuff is.
Yea i been reading on it. The first time sounds pretty difficult lol. Do u get the package deals or just the wax?
Old 02-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

SpectorV is just getting started.
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Car care products

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
I have a ton of DWG from back in the day lol! I wash then apply it though, I just don't trust it.
I wont apply it if its REALLY nasty with mud and such but otherwise its fine, ive used it on 3 cars over 12 years no issues.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:36 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea i been reading on it. The first time sounds pretty difficult lol. Do u get the package deals or just the wax?
the first time I bought the big kit. After that I just replace what I need. It's not difficult just time consuming. Once it's done and you wash your car use a leaf blower to dry it. No water spots
Old 02-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

AgentOrange is unknown around these parts
Quote:

the first time I bought the big kit. After that I just replace what I need. It's not difficult just time consuming. Once it's done and you wash your car use a leaf blower to dry it. No water spots
I thought I was weird for my use of a leaf blower. I usually use an Absorber now, but I still open both doors and whip out the leaf blower for the interior lol
Old 02-25-2012, 06:34 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange

I thought I was weird for my use of a leaf blower. I usually use an Absorber now, but I still open both doors and whip out the leaf blower for the interior lol
My neighbors used to look at me like I was crazy for the leaf blower but now they all do it.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Artaz is unknown around these parts
Quote:

My neighbors used to look at me like I was crazy for the leaf blower but now they all do it.
+1 lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing