Car care products - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rmag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 157
Rmag is unknown around these parts
Car care products

With spring on its way (especially in the east) I want to make my black 5.0 shine. I know black is hard to keep clean and I want to avoid swirl marks. I was told turtle wax with carnauba finish was good. What do you guys use?
__________________

__________________
Rmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 26,066
SpectorV is just getting started.
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Car care products

you wont be able to avoid the swirls on a black car unless you dont ever touch the paint or wash it lol. The key here is to remove them as you get them before they get bad and require more and more abrasive stuff to handle it

i use DWG International™ - Manufacturer of Dri Wash 'n Guard® for mypaint/trim
__________________

__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
GE3G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 698
GE3G is unknown around these parts
Honestly dude use mequires quick detailer after a good car wash....use a microfiber cloth and the quick detailer (squirt bottle) spray and buff it nicely....mine always shines when im done and it doesnt take as long as waxing and polishing with creams
__________________
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
dmax8709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 413
dmax8709 is unknown around these parts
I use ice wash & wax, spray detail, and tire care. Its been the best product I've ever used on my car. It'll keep it clean for a while too. But i usually wash mine everytime i drive it lol
__________________
dmax8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
mknlegs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 45
mknlegs is unknown around these parts
Use zaino polish. Takes all day the first time you put it on. After that it's a breeze. Follow their instructions and you will not have swirl marks. It will make your black car look like black chrome. Do a Google search for it check out the testimonials.
__________________
mknlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rmag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 157
Rmag is unknown around these parts
Yeah I looked into that it's expensive though. Are there any stores I can check it out at? Or only online
__________________
Rmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
AgentOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 981
AgentOrange is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
you wont be able to avoid the swirls on a black car unless you dont ever touch the paint or wash it lol. The key here is to remove them as you get them before they get bad and require more and more abrasive stuff to handle it

i use DWG International
I have a ton of DWG from back in the day lol! I wash then apply it though, I just don't trust it.
__________________
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #8
Registered User
Newbie
 
SayNo2Pugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 13
SayNo2Pugs is unknown around these parts
I like jax wax products.... I have a black 06 gt and I am currently reaching how to get the swirls out ... From what I have read the rotary polish is the way to go but is easy to cause more damage than good if your not experienced and I'm not experienced ... As far as polishes I like the jax wax Hawaiian shine and it's relatively easy and looks great

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Did you use the zaino z-5 with the zfx additive ? Looks relatively simple...
__________________
SayNo2Pugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rmag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 157
Rmag is unknown around these parts
Thanks everyone. Both zaino and jax seem like good products. I will hopefully decide which one to buy soon and test it out.
__________________
Rmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:02 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
mknlegs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 45
mknlegs is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmag
Yeah I looked into that it's expensive though. Are there any stores I can check it out at? Or only online
Online only. It's not that expensive. It last a long time.

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayNo2Pugs
I like jax wax products.... I have a black 06 gt and I am currently reaching how to get the swirls out ... From what I have read the rotary polish is the way to go but is easy to cause more damage than good if your not experienced and I'm not experienced ... As far as polishes I like the jax wax Hawaiian shine and it's relatively easy and looks great

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Did you use the zaino z-5 with the zfx additive ? Looks relatively simple...
yes. I bought the show car kit it comes with a couple different polishes for the different paints. It is by far the best I have ever used.I'll post up a picture of my marauder when I get home. It had several coats on it.
__________________
mknlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
dmax8709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 413
dmax8709 is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknlegs

Online only. It's not that expensive. It last a long time.

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------



yes. I bought the show car kit it comes with a couple different polishes for the different paints. It is by far the best I have ever used.I'll post up a picture of my marauder when I get home. It had several coats on it.
On the jax or zaino ? How often do u need to apply it? Im looking to try something new that doesn't need to applied often. Something that'll last a long time. So what's the best wax for the best outcome and lasts the longest?
__________________
dmax8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
mknlegs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 45
mknlegs is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax8709

On the jax or zaino ? How often do u need to apply it? Im looking to try something new that doesn't need to applied often. Something that'll last a long time. So what's the best wax for the best outcome and lasts the longest?
If I remember right with zaino you only need to apply more after 6 months on a daily driver. Not 100% on that though. I'll check. You won't need to strip and reapply just add another coat or two.
__________________
mknlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #13
Registered User
Newbie
 
SayNo2Pugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 13
SayNo2Pugs is unknown around these parts
I ordered the zaino show car care buddle... came with multiple detailers and clay bar for around 90 bucks.... Hopefully the weather breaks soon here in Columbus and I'll find out how good it works and or hard it is to apply
__________________
SayNo2Pugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
dmax8709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 413
dmax8709 is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknlegs

If I remember right with zaino you only need to apply more after 6 months on a daily driver. Not 100% on that though. I'll check. You won't need to strip and reapply just add another coat or two.
Is there a specific type of zaino or is it all the same? Its not a daily driver. I just drive it when i go to town. Do u use zaino? How easily is it to apply the first time?

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Top half of my car is black
__________________
dmax8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
mknlegs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 45
mknlegs is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax8709

Is there a specific type of zaino or is it all the same? Its not a daily driver. I just drive it when i go to town. Do u use zaino? How easily is it to apply the first time?

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Top half of my car is black
I've used it for a couple of years. It takes a while the first time after that not long at all. It is time well spent. They have several different ones. Just look them up online it explains everything there. Zainobros.com

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Look up some of my older posts there is a couple of pictures of my marauder in one of them. You will see how good the stuff is.
__________________
mknlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
dmax8709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 413
dmax8709 is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknlegs

I've used it for a couple of years. It takes a while the first time after that not long at all. It is time well spent. They have several different ones. Just look them up online it explains everything there. Zainobros.com

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Look up some of my older posts there is a couple of pictures of my marauder in one of them. You will see how good the stuff is.
Yea i been reading on it. The first time sounds pretty difficult lol. Do u get the package deals or just the wax?
__________________
dmax8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 26,066
SpectorV is just getting started.
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Car care products

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
I have a ton of DWG from back in the day lol! I wash then apply it though, I just don't trust it.
I wont apply it if its REALLY nasty with mud and such but otherwise its fine, ive used it on 3 cars over 12 years no issues.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:36 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
mknlegs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 45
mknlegs is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax8709

Yea i been reading on it. The first time sounds pretty difficult lol. Do u get the package deals or just the wax?
the first time I bought the big kit. After that I just replace what I need. It's not difficult just time consuming. Once it's done and you wash your car use a leaf blower to dry it. No water spots
__________________
mknlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
AgentOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 981
AgentOrange is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknlegs

the first time I bought the big kit. After that I just replace what I need. It's not difficult just time consuming. Once it's done and you wash your car use a leaf blower to dry it. No water spots
I thought I was weird for my use of a leaf blower. I usually use an Absorber now, but I still open both doors and whip out the leaf blower for the interior lol
__________________
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:34 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
mknlegs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 45
mknlegs is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange

I thought I was weird for my use of a leaf blower. I usually use an Absorber now, but I still open both doors and whip out the leaf blower for the interior lol
My neighbors used to look at me like I was crazy for the leaf blower but now they all do it.
__________________
mknlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Artaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 88
Artaz is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknlegs

My neighbors used to look at me like I was crazy for the leaf blower but now they all do it.
+1 lol
__________________

__________________
Artaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How To: Plasti Dip Your Car (In Depth, 6 pages worth of Microsoft Word) Topless04GT Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing 310 09-03-2014 10:02 PM
car wash time mystang50 1979-1995 Mustang GT 35 03-04-2012 09:39 AM
best rc car kickerofdoom The Bar 10 02-24-2012 04:21 PM
sound proof car? kickerofdoom Mustang Audio & Video 1 02-22-2012 03:35 PM
Car Pics StackeStang 1996-2004 Mustang GT 7 02-21-2012 12:17 PM

» Like Us On Facebook


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


08:56 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.