Originally Posted by Randl114
I honestly haven't tried a clay bar. Was going to compound and wax the car this weekend. Hopefully compound and buffer will help. Would you clay bar before or after or instead?
If you plan on waxing the car this is what I recommend (I do this on my own cars).
1. Wash car with a dish washing soap such as Dawn. This gets all of the built on grease and oil off the has accumulated.
2. Clay bar they entire car (metal surfaces) using dish soap mixed with water in spray bottle to provide lubrication for the clay bay. Play close attention to the bar for any contaminants that get stuck cause it can scratch your paint. Note, if you drop the clay bar on the ground, throw it away.
3. If you still have the spots from the tree sap, try using NUFINISH and rub it in good. I had some spots from forest fire ash on my car and the NUFINISH got them all out.
4. Next, wash car again a with car wash solution of your choosing.
5. Wax car as you normally would.