convertible top care - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
convertible top care

i have a good cleaner for my top. but i need something that is gonna protect it and make it shine. if there is a thread on this somewhere you can guide me to it. but the app search function doesnt work to great. anyways i dont need anything super fancy. something that i can pick up locally. and if anyone has pics of there protected tops i wouldnt mind seeing.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Raggtop. They make the best products ive found
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
Raggtop. They make the best products ive found
you can picks these up at autozone advanced etc?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2012, 11:58 PM   #4
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

you can picks these up at autozone advanced etc?
Never seen it there, but double check Autozone has more than what meets the eye.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:29 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: convertible top care

Ragg Topp here as well, I dont see it at autozone etc but you can order it online. It works very good. Only so much can be done if neglect has been going on a long time, it just depends. I know mine is due for another round.... I just HATE doing it as it involves getting the car wet
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:30 AM   #6
Road Trip!

Well my top is brand new about a year ago. I haven't applied anything to it yet. But it is also a garage queen. Will this ragtop make it shiny? And thanx for the replies.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:33 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

ah I see, then you should be good. I take it the type if vinyl and I have never had one with that material to test with as mine is cloth. It shouldnt make it look bad or to shinny. It is a two stage thing, first you clean it then you put the protectant on it. The version for the cloth doesnt make it greasy just clean looking and deeper in color. If you find a source for a good price shipped let me know. I was going to order on autogeek but their shipping is HORRIBLE
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:15 AM   #8
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
ah I see, then you should be good. I take it the type if vinyl and I have never had one with that material to test with as mine is cloth. It shouldnt make it look bad or to shinny. It is a two stage thing, first you clean it then you put the protectant on it. The version for the cloth doesnt make it greasy just clean looking and deeper in color. If you find a source for a good price shipped let me know. I was going to order on autogeek but their shipping is HORRIBLE
Ok sounds good. Yeah mine is vinyl. I have a mequires top cleaner and it works wonderful. Matter of fact it looks brand new. I just know that it won't protect it. And I actually wouldn't mind a nice shine.

One more question. I have seen a few threads you posted on about the California duster. I am guessing I probably should keep this off the top? Especially once I get some protectant on it?
Old 05-18-2012, 09:57 PM   #9
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
Autogeek is terrible with shipping prices since it's based on how much you order. I had to get 2 burshes from them. I paid more in shipping than the burshes were worth. Check Amazon for Ragg Top cleaner- the last I looked it was the cheapest. topoftheline.com is another good place shipping isn't too much, but their selection lately hasn't been great.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing