Mothers showtime/claybar results - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-25-2012, 08:41 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Mothers showtime/claybar results

Spent the evening at the local car wash. Took some pictures after I finished, sorry for the quality only had my phone. What y'all think?

Has anyone tried the Mothers back to black on the shaker hood scoop?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3390264256.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	518.8 KB
ID:	51797   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-434877965.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	532.7 KB
ID:	51799  

Name:	image-3896989366.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	472.0 KB
ID:	51800   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2930315809.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	523.4 KB
ID:	51801  

5-Speed-IUP, Predator tuned, k&n cai,Mrt shifter,Hooker Lts-o/f x-pipe, KC clutch,Alum flywheel,FR 4:10's. Upr rear control arms. Forged Teksid Eaton swap in progress!

WickedStangs Mustang Club
Tulsa,OK Chapter President
TtownMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Re: Mothers showtime/claybar results

Car looks great! Man I love those damn Machs lol.

I have Mothers Back to Black and I've used it on my window trim, chin spoiler etc and it works nicely, I've also used it on some trim on my F150 that was starting to fade, and it returned it back to new. So I'd imagine it'd work on your shaker quite well...I know they're one of the first things to start fading on the Mach 1's, so regular upkeep is key.

Also, do you have any plans to lower her...that car would look amazing with a nice drop.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks man, will have to get some tomorrow and try it out. I'm using this gloss spray now I got from a friends shop. Works okay but doesn't stay after a wash. I've contemplated lowering her but with the longtubes I'm kind of scared too. I already have to be very careful as is.
5-Speed-IUP, Predator tuned, k&n cai,Mrt shifter,Hooker Lts-o/f x-pipe, KC clutch,Alum flywheel,FR 4:10's. Upr rear control arms. Forged Teksid Eaton swap in progress!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

Beautiful Mach! I'm gonna get flamed for this lol (because I hate plastidip threads) but I heard plastidip works great to refurbish the shaker.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I've never worked with plastidip before, I'll have to try that on my spare and see how it turns out. Appreciate it

Old 05-29-2012, 10:20 PM   #6
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMach1
Spent the evening at the local car wash. Took some pictures after I finished, sorry for the quality only had my phone. What y'all think?

Has anyone tried the Mothers back to black on the shaker hood scoop?
Just now saw this section of threads on detailing and such...

She does look beautiful! What do you think about the clay bar thing? I have to say I was expecting too much, I think. Gotta love Mothers though, makes the colors so rich!

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Beautiful Mach! I'm gonna get flamed for this lol (because I hate plastidip threads) but I heard plastidip works great to refurbish the shaker.
I gotta admit I was interested in plasti-dip. I saw it in real life on a truck and think it definitely has its limits. Thinking hard now about my shaker and wonder if it would even peel off of something that rough. I won't make you suffer through another plasti-dip conversation
Old 05-29-2012, 10:36 PM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I put plasti dip on my truck ^

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:57 PM   #8
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
I put plasti dip on my truck ^
It definitely has a use, but in my friends case it just didn't look right. The pics I've seen on here have all looked good, so that could have just been his work
Old 05-30-2012, 12:27 AM   #9
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California

Not the greatest job if you look really up close, but at least i didn't go overkill on it... Oh, i also did the fuel door.

Don't mind the sagging bumper, it came with an ugly plastic chin so it started hanging when i took it off until i put the screws back... All good now
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1035.JPG
Views:	237
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	52360  
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:36 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Azure the clay bar is good for removing the fine particles in the paint. Look into the mothers polishing ball and wheel. Not sure what exact product to use yet I'm still trying to find something to take some swirl marks out. Will keep you posted. Gonna do it this weekend. Azure check out mach1registry if you haven't already. Everything you can want to know about Machs over there. Some of the guys refinished their shakers and they look better than new IMO lol. Not sure how they did it tho been awhile seen I read the thread.

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

Im also thinking of plastidip my decklid between lights and lower valence just to see if I would like the flat black stripe kit from AM.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:48 AM   #11
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMach1
Azure the clay bar is good for removing the fine particles in the paint. Look into the mothers polishing ball and wheel. Not sure what exact product to use yet I'm still trying to find something to take some swirl marks out. Will keep you posted. Gonna do it this weekend. Azure check out mach1registry if you haven't already. Everything you can want to know about Machs over there. Some of the guys refinished their shakers and they look better than new IMO lol. Not sure how they did it tho been awhile seen I read the thread.

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

Im also thinking of plastidip my decklid between lights and lower valence just to see if I would like the flat black stripe kit from AM.
Yup, eruza is my profile on Mach1Registry, but I haven't gone there too much. Need to dig intuit he info over there.

I've been thinking of plasti dippin my bullitts cause I can peel it off if it isn't black enough.

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
Not the greatest job if you look really up close, but at least i didn't go overkill on it... Oh, i also did the fuel door.

Don't mind the sagging bumper, it came with an ugly plastic chin so it started hanging when i took it off until i put the screws back... All good now
Looks good!
Old 05-31-2012, 04:02 PM   #12
Road Trip!

Quote:
Wooooooooowwwwww!
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:19 PM   #13
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
Quote:
AWWWW FU©K NAWW!!...what else have you heard about plastidip?!...I think you should start a thread about it so we know what else we can plastidip!...the thread should be called ”what did you plastidip today”
Blasphemer!!!..
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:21 PM   #14
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66

AWWWW FU©K NAWW!!...what else have you heard about plastidip?!...I think you should start a thread about it so we know what else we can plastidip!...the thread should be called ”what did you plastidip today”
Blasphemer!!!..
But the thread should be in the classified section. Lmao
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:22 PM   #15
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
Quote:
On another note look at where THIS thread has gone...

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

But the thread should be in the classified section. Lmao
It should be a sticky!..lol
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:48 PM   #16
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66

Blasphemer!!!..
Ha!
Old 05-31-2012, 04:50 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Looks good! I loved it after I clay bar my car it was so clean and smooth!
Timm04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing