Best way to remove dent on bumper? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Crafty615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 175
Have a small dent probably the size of my palm maybe smaller as well as a pretty wide scratch all on my bumper cover from when I hit my brothers truck, and I wondering if there was a way to fix it instead of getting a new cover. It doesnt push out because the bumper cover material stretched and it's now the form of the dent and it would be great if I could get it out then put touch up paint on the scratch
Crafty615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 157
Re: Best way to remove dent on bumper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty615 View Post
Have a small dent probably the size of my palm maybe smaller as well as a pretty wide scratch all on my bumper cover from when I hit my brothers trick
You shouldn't talk about your brother's girlfriend that way.... JK


Unfortunately all I have is jokes on this topic. sry
sixty4half is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:49 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Crafty615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 175
Anyone know anything?? I really want this fixed before I get my stainless steel letter inserts
Crafty615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-26-2012, 10:43 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty615
Anyone know anything?? I really want this fixed before I get my stainless steel letter inserts
Have u ever heard of the ding king?
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360

Have u ever heard of the ding king?
Here is a pic of it , it's a dent removal tool sorry pic is upside down
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4055788577.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	408.7 KB
ID:	51912  
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:59 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Crafty615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 175
How much does one of these go for? And would it work on my bumper when the dent doesn't push out because it's stretched
Crafty615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty615
How much does one of these go for? And would it work on my bumper when the dent doesn't push out because it's stretched
They go for 20-25 $ it pulls dents from metal and metal stretches when it dents, it's hard to say for sure is the dent just pushed in or is it creased ?
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Crafty615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 175
I'm not sure which one it would be, but when I stuck my hand bejing the cover and tried pushing it out, it just would push back in
Crafty615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty615
I'm not sure which one it would be, but when I stuck my hand bejing the cover and tried pushing it out, it just would push back in
Ya the tool won't work it sounds like the bumper lost its integrity it could be fixed but not without a repaint IMO just find anew cover at the junk yard and have that one painted and just swap them out, you might even be able to find your color and you will save a bunch of money
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Crafty615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 175
The only things is that on the dent from far away you can't even see it because there are no scratches on the dent itself, and touch up can be used on the part that is scratched, I'll try to get a pic up so you could see better but it wouldnt be for about a week because I'm on my way to Florida for vacation and left the stang at home
Crafty615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:58 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty615
The only things is that on the dent from far away you can't even see it because there are no scratches on the dent itself, and touch up can be used on the part that is scratched, I'll try to get a pic up so you could see better but it wouldnt be for about a week because I'm on my way to Florida for vacation and left the stang at home
Ok I would like to see it and help you try to save some time and money if possible i subscribed to this thread so when you get back just post a pic and we can go from there
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Crafty615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 175
Alright thanks a bunch for your help it's great!
Crafty615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:43 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
1shotkllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 398
Re: Best way to remove dent on bumper?

ever considered a blow dryer to heat the area, then push it out? Had a pretty nasty dent in my front bumper right in the curve on the right side. Pushed the whole bottom part out. Used the blow dryer for about 10-15 minutes until it was warm enough then pushed it right out.
1shotkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:39 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
fresh2death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,676
Go to a place that does dentless removal. My old car was hit in a parking lot and the driver never bothered to stop. I had a fist sized dent on my back rear bumper rught on the crease they guy charged me 150 took that dent out and all the other little dents out of it and it looked like nothing ever happened.
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Crafty615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotkllz
ever considered a blow dryer to heat the area, then push it out? Had a pretty nasty dent in my front bumper right in the curve on the right side. Pushed the whole bottom part out. Used the blow dryer for about 10-15 minutes until it was warm enough then pushed it right out.
I'll try that thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh2death
Go to a place that does dentless removal. My old car was hit in a parking lot and the driver never bothered to stop. I had a fist sized dent on my back rear bumper rught on the crease they guy charged me 150 took that dent out and all the other little dents out of it and it looked like nothing ever happened.
I'll look into one
Crafty615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
fresh2death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotkllz
ever considered a blow dryer to heat the area, then push it out? Had a pretty nasty dent in my front bumper right in the curve on the right side. Pushed the whole bottom part out. Used the blow dryer for about 10-15 minutes until it was warm enough then pushed it right out.
That didnt mess with your paint?
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
1shotkllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 398
No not at all? Already had some paint missing but not from that area. You have to be sure to keep it constantly moving though and not to let it get too hot.
1shotkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Crafty615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 175
Finally home and got a couple pictures of the dent



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2404923228.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	596.8 KB
ID:	53074



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-99353010.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	575.9 KB
ID:	53075
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-521535305.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	522.2 KB
ID:	53073  
Crafty615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:50 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.