Where to get car painted ?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Where to get car painted ??

So I've decided that I want my 05 gt painted different color where would you guys recommend To have the job done heard macco is terrible but never actually had any exp. with them??
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Re: Where to get car painted ??

Maaco repaired a damaged rear quarter panel for me a 6 years ago. They were great, prompt, friendly and cheap. I had an odd color paint and they matched it perfectly. Repairs and paint were still good when I traded the car 5 years later.

Just research your local Maaco. They're all franchised I believe, so YMMV.

Cherry_Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:32 AM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I've heard mixed things about MAACO, they are good for small projects but i've heard horror stories of people getting full paint jobs from them.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2012, 12:35 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
I've heard mixed things about MAACO, they are good for small projects but i've heard horror stories of people getting full paint jobs from them.
Cherry stang did say he got a part painted turned out good just like you said soccer so probably full body would be bad it's just ive been quoted like 5k from collision repair shops for full body paint which is pricey
Old 08-03-2012, 01:54 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

I can tell you - I had better luck at maaco, than with the 'collision repair center' I've been dealing for the last year.

I have to take my car back AGAIN (probably the 25-30th time) so they can wetsand and buff the orange peel out of what they re-painted after ripping side louvers off that they had not installed correctly the first 3 times.

Your best bet is to visit WHEREVER you're going to get it done at - talk to the techs. Ask to see in progress work. Ask to see completed work. Get knowledge as first hand as you can, vs. the 'I heard blah blah blah'.

Like I said - I had a great experience with maaco, but that was 6 years ago. Who knows if they still have the same techs, or management that upholds quality standards. Gotta do your research.

---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

And remember - paint jobs are like tattoos. You get what you pay for. Good work isn't cheap, and cheap work isn't good. Just sayin.

Cherry_Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:35 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada

I had my Dodge Ram truck painted at Maaco a few years ago (whole vehicle) and it still looks great.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Stang
I can tell you - I had better luck at maaco, than with the 'collision repair center' I've been dealing for the last year.

I have to take my car back AGAIN (probably the 25-30th time) so they can wetsand and buff the orange peel out of what they re-painted after ripping side louvers off that they had not installed correctly the first 3 times.

Your best bet is to visit WHEREVER you're going to get it done at - talk to the techs. Ask to see in progress work. Ask to see completed work. Get knowledge as first hand as you can, vs. the 'I heard blah blah blah'.

Like I said - I had a great experience with maaco, but that was 6 years ago. Who knows if they still have the same techs, or management that upholds quality standards. Gotta do your research.

---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

And remember - paint jobs are like tattoos. You get what you pay for. Good work isn't cheap, and cheap work isn't good. Just sayin.
Thanks for the input I'm dedicating this month to lookin all over town for a good shop that can do it an checkin out all their work
Old 08-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #8
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Yea it's not necessarily the shops that you have to worry about, it's the people who do the actual paint job that may not give a f***. Try and find out if you can oversee the whole process so you know they don't do a cheap job.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #9
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator
So I've decided that I want my 05 gt painted different color where would you guys recommend To have the job done heard macco is terrible but never actually had any exp. with them??
I personally find independent shops to be the best. Look around where you live check google reviews and Kudzu.com. Ford dealers usually have good collision shops.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

I personally find independent shops to be the best. Look around where you live check google reviews and Kudzu.com. Ford dealers usually have good collision shops.
And as others have said Maaco is hit and miss they quoted me higher on several occasions than another shop, I've used.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

And as others have said Maaco is hit and miss they quoted me higher on several occasions than another shop, I've used.
I've been visiting many shops and all pretty much quoted me 5k for the grabber blue paint job that I want but I was thinking that maybe it would be better to do trade in for an 11' gt grabber blue idk yet
Old 08-07-2012, 10:09 PM   #11
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Yeah you'd be about 1/2 way there.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
What color? Lol I'm kinda bored so I could let you see how it would look depending on the color
Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream
What color? Lol I'm kinda bored so I could let you see how it would look depending on the color
Getting the grabber blue it's been in the shop for 3 weeks suppose to be ready to be picked up next week kinda nervous to see how it turns out
Old 09-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

It will look something like that

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1542628538.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	266.8 KB
ID:	67309
Old 09-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream
It will look something like that
Lol looks a little weird but hope it looks better in person
Old 09-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator

Lol looks a little weird but hope it looks better in person
The yellow lamps stand out lol and I did it on my iPod xD
Old 09-08-2012, 08:35 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Looks great!
SeanReilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing