Convertible Top Care - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-06-2012, 08:14 AM   #1
Region: Arizona
Convertible Top Care

Hello all;

Ok, So I am new to the 'Stang scene, thanks to my dad who passed away and left me a 95GT. My question is this;

How do I properly maintain this 4 year old top in the desert? Obviously washing it, keeping droppings off, etc are no-brainers. Is there a protectant out there that you use?

steverinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:45 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Texas
Yes they do have a cleaner just for the top. Try your local auto shop they just might carry it or they can order it for you

Rogue Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Massachusetts
I've used the cleaner Nothing special if your out in the desert I'm sure their is fading on the plastic sections mirrors etc possibly top. I just use armor all even on the top I always get asked if its a new top. The question is I don't live near a desert and don't know if you would get sand stuck to it,if you have a black top you will attract more sun. Give it a shot can't hurt. It will fade regardless. Auto parts sells trim restore I've never uses it I heard it works good if you just want to clean it get a magic sponge car soap and water.
Dtibbz22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing