**washed,clayed & waxed today** - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
**washed,clayed & waxed today**

I was reading a thread last week about somebody clayed their car with the Meguiars Clay Kit. All I can say WoW!!!!!

If you have never clayed your car? Its a must! When your claying it you can feel the junk thats on the paint. Then as your rubbing the clay you can feel it get smooth as glass.

Well tell me what you guys/girls think. I just finished doing it today and it took me about 3 hours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tn_clay1.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	352.1 KB
ID:	67236   Click image for larger version

Name:	tn_clay2.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	320.2 KB
ID:	67237  

Name:	tn_clay3.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	377.0 KB
ID:	67238   Click image for larger version

Name:	tn_clay4.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	351.9 KB
ID:	67239  

Name:	tn_clay5.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	339.4 KB
ID:	67240   Click image for larger version

Name:	tn_clay6.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	409.3 KB
ID:	67241  

Name:	tn_clay7.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	308.1 KB
ID:	67242  
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Gotta say she's a beauty. Looking great!!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Looks great. I used the same product. I wish it had more clay. I've only done the hood and rear area and I'm already out.
3dStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Re: **washed,clayed & waxed today**

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dStang View Post
Looks great. I used the same product. I wish it had more clay. I've only done the hood and rear area and I'm already out.
Thanks you guys....... I got the new kit from Maguiars. It now comes with two clay bars. Which one did you get?
Old 09-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldog

Thanks you guys....... I got the new kit from Maguiars. It now comes with two clay bars. Which one did you get?
I got the one with two bars. I might have been being a bit excessive with ensuring the entire surface from clean.
3dStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Looks really good, you good sir have done an awesome job +4.6
Mustang936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Very nice looking car maldog. love the rear louver. I had just done mine about a week ago but used mothers clay bar and turtle wax Ice. love that clay bar feeling but it takes forever!! Well worth it.

Off subject but how do I get the picture of my car and its info to appear on my posts?
alloy427r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:55 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Same stuff I used. It's great! Try to give it a quick wipe down everyday and also, use Meguiar's wash and wax anywhere stuff... That's thigh is awesome as well.
Torchredmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:00 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Wash/clay/wax 8/21/12

Name:	image-3421105221.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	475.5 KB
ID:	67355

Here's how the paint looks after 2 weeks. Unedited pic.

I love this stuff.
Torchredmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:42 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I got the one with two bars. I might have been being a bit excessive with ensuring the entire surface from clean.
I used the one clay bar and it still has some use to it. I guess it all depends on how much junk is on the paint. I love this stuff though my paint feels like glass

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang936 View Post
Looks really good, you good sir have done an awesome job +4.6
Thank you

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alloy427r View Post
Very nice looking car maldog. love the rear louver. I had just done mine about a week ago but used mothers clay bar and turtle wax Ice. love that clay bar feeling but it takes forever!! Well worth it.

Off subject but how do I get the picture of my car and its info to appear on my posts?
Thank you alloy427r and welcome to the forum.

Go to this link and read about the avatar and profile picture. It will go over the info you need to put your pictures on your page.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchredmustang View Post
Wash/clay/wax 8/21/12

Attachment 67355

Here's how the paint looks after 2 weeks. Unedited pic.

I love this stuff.
Nice car TRM, I love the color red on a stang it pops when cleaned and waxed. This clay stuff makes us look good

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alloy427r View Post

Forgot to leave the link for you.....

Mustang Evolution - FAQ: User Profile Features
Old 09-06-2012, 01:54 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Looks good I lIke It.guess it's time for me to do mine.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheelyb09 View Post
Looks good I lIke It.guess it's time for me to do mine.
Hey cheelyb09, you gotta do the clay when you have time. I looked at your stang and it beautiful. I like the tweety theme too
Old 09-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldog

Hey cheelyb09, you gotta do the clay when you have time. I looked at your stang and it beautiful. I like the tweety theme too
Thank you thank you.I'm trying to wait until the weather gets cooler cuz it's still in the 100's here in Texas but I'm definitely gona try it.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheelyb09 View Post
Thank you thank you.I'm trying to wait until the weather gets cooler cuz it's still in the 100's here in Texas but I'm definitely gona try it.
Ur welcome

I live in Las Vegas, NV and we are still in the low 100s . I got up early when I did mine it was 79deg and I finished by the time it was about 92. I hate this heat
Old 09-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #15
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Looks awesome!
Old 09-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Looks awesome!
Thanks Azure
Old 09-08-2012, 08:35 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Looks really great!!
SeanReilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanReilly View Post
Looks really great!!
Thank you SR......
Old 09-09-2012, 08:43 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Looks great maldog!!! So y'all have me interested in this clay bar. Question is how does the product work?
v6MustangGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

Very nice job!
2011 5.0 Steeda sway bars, panhard, shocks, struts, springs, camber adj, Bump steer kit, Steeda Spyder wheels, Toyo Proxes, AirRaid, SCT, Roush mufflers, JBA X-Pipe and cat del, Boss 302 intake, Baer 6p front and rear with drilled/slotted rotors.
ducatibrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:16 PM   #21
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
That doesn't seem right... After i got back from camp my truck was filthy beyond reason (It was in a camping/dirty environment for 9 weeks)... i used that exact same kit and did the entire truck with 1 clay bar, and it still has plenty of life left.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6MustangGurl View Post
Looks great maldog!!! So y'all have me interested in this clay bar. Question is how does the product work?
It's a really simple process... Just wash the car and dry it off. Then you are going to be working in small areas, take a clay bar and work it/ fold it over to flatten it out. Then just liberally spray the detailer to lubricate the surface, and rub the clay bar over the lubricated surface, don't put pressure on it, just let the force of gravity work on it, if you press into it too much you will stick and you will be able to see a mark from it later. After you are done with your section just wipe it off with a microfiber towel and move on... After all of it wash the car again, then since the car is completely clean that is where you will want to do your waxing process. Claying is something where you take your time.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:42 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The stuff works great. You'll have to try it out. I picked my kit up at walmart for like $19.

I'm having to agree on what soccerluvr4 just said. I only opened one of my clay bars and did my whole car and that clay bar still has life in it.

Any how.... The stuff works great.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatibrandon View Post
Very nice job!
Thanks Brandon..... Nice Ducati
Old 09-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Looks awesome.
So after I finish clay baring, what type of wax should I use, will the quick wax work or I need to use another type of wax?
Old 09-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the info, is there a negative to using the stuff? Like damage to the clear coat?
Old 09-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakhwk View Post
Looks awesome.
So after I finish clay baring, what type of wax should I use, will the quick wax work or I need to use another type of wax?
Hey Blakhwk, check out this video. It's really good and goes over all the steps.

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Quote:
Thanks for the info, is there a negative to using the stuff? Like damage to the clear coat?
Hey MustangGurl, No it does not hurt the clear coat. Here is a link that goes over all the steps of claying. You will love it

Old 09-13-2012, 10:29 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

A lot of you are saying to go from claying to cleaning to waxing. I would suggest buffing it after claying and washing. What you are doing when claying is pulling minuscule particles out of the paint. What's left behind are a bunch of minuscule divots or holes from where the dirt particles were.

What you want to do is buff those out so the paint is perfectly smooth. They may be microscopic holes but with heat and cold they will expand and contract and over time cause more problems with the paint.

After that I like to give it a nice polishing. Since we're on the topic of Mcguiar's, I use Mcguiar's Ultimate Polish. Gives a nice deep glossy mirror like polish to the paint. That is, after you wash it again.

After all that, then you wax it to protect all that effort you just put in to your paint. Yes, this is a nearly all day project, but if your putting the care to do a clay bar you might as well go full bore on the thing and make it look that much better.
sixty4half is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the info!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing